It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EXPLODING SCHOOL CHILDREN : Global Warming Propaganda Campaign Backfires

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pentothal

Originally posted by Darkblade71
I loved the video! That was funny, and I bet ends up on some show as one of those crazy commercials.

Is it fearmongering? yes

Is it threatening? Yes

Is it funny? Yes

Loved it!

All valid points...

But is it appropriate?
Is it ethical?
Is it fit for purpose? (to use that horrid phrase).

appropriate?
yes and no. They seem to see it as a do or die situation. Graphic but to the point. There are other ways it could have been done, but sometimes the shock value is what makes things stick.

Is it ethical?
No, that was not ethical, but funny.

Is it fit for purpose?
yes, underlying message was do or die. The only problem I see with this was the fact that it was a person pushing the button, it would of been better to have a squirrel or helpless deer do it.

The only problem I saw with the message was the fact that the people teaching or asking for people to go along were killing them if they didn't. That is a threatening undertone. They should of had little critters doing the killing IMO.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71

The only problem I saw with the message was the fact that the people teaching or asking for people to go along were killing them if they didn't. That is a threatening undertone. They should of had little critters doing the killing IMO.

In a way you have hit on the precise point with this whole climate issue.

Who is the person pressing the button?
Who gave them the power to decide?
Are they correct?

All these are preassumed positive. No discussion.

Look at the relation ship between the person in possession of the little black box and those that are being judged.
Teacher > student.
Employer/boss > subordinate /employee.

The decision has been made, are you going to conform? No?... ok, there's no pressure... boom.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Sure it would be rediculously bad for you to do what you suggest, but you are suggesting that if we continue to pump CO2 into the air we'll all die. That's not true. Look into the far past and read on how CO2 took up a huge percent of the air animals breathed. Also, CO2 is good for vegetation.

If you're so worried, what about the cows? Why don't we cut back 10% of cows every year that we breed like mad because we like the meat. That will decrease the CO2 expelled like crazy.

Or better yet, plant more vegetation and trees!
I'm sad to say that the media's push to create tunnel vision for this CO2 business is succeeding.

Now it's join us or die. Lovely video...

Edit: Just realized what kind of a FIELD DAY Alex Jones will have over this. Oh that should be hilarious... Prepare for waves of NWO cries from his corner.

edit on 1-10-2010 by Tarrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Ok, either way you look at it, reppin Stalin is not a good idea. If you are an ATS Member and an atheist, and a capitalist, how come you don't realize that AGW is indeed a hoax?

IF you are open minded and receptive to logic and reason, I will take a few minutes and explain the truth to you. In the mid 2000's it was conclusively determined that the globe had not been warming for several years, this did not bode well with the hoaxers, who were merely attempting to set the stage for their worldwide Carbon Credit Trading Scam, I mean Scheme. So the name of the cause was was replaced with something ambiguous, Climate Change.

That was a ridiculous move, the Global Warming movement relied on the assertion that the Earth was cooking in mankind’s waste gasses, particularly carbon dioxide. Global Warming is portrayed as a bad thing, which it is probably not, and the politically correct stance to take on this matter was to be against the globe warming. OK. Climate Change, was adopted as the movements’ new name so as to be covered if the Earth warmed OR cooled. The hoaxers, in the MSM, CRU/East Anglia University, NASA, NOAA, IPCC, countless sheeple, and various other LIARS and MORONS, continued to claim that mans very existence was killing the ecosystem, through the sheer volume of carbon dioxide we produce, and that carbon dioxide causes the atmosphere to retain and trap heat resulting in the global temperature rising. Those assertions are 100% untrue. The most abundant and effective greenhouse gas is watervapor. Carbon accounts for so little of the existing greenhouse gasses in our upper atmosphere, that it is not even worth consideration. Watervapor however accounts for 85% of greenhouse gasses.
AGW vs Climate Change
We were supposed to be against Global Warming, as I said, the idea that the Earth was getting warmer was pushed on us as a bad thing, devastating, life threatening. How could that possibly be the case if the planet were actually cooling? This was never fully explained, but the assertion that any climatic change was bad for us. So I must assume here that we are also supposed to be against the idea of Climate Change. But, the climate always changes, it always has, for billions of years now, the climate has always been in a state of flux. The ONLY POSSIBLE ways to stop the climate from changing would be to stop the Earth from rotating, AND to get rid of the moon. Fact is, you cannot be "against" climate change, it is completely natural and pretty much the reason we do have life in its abundance on this wonderful ball of rock. Climate Change is not caused by man, and man cannot stop it.

Al Gores Warming -AGW- Anthropomorphic Global Warming completely made up.
Al Gore made some outrageous claims in his movie, An Inconvenient P.O.S. He claimed that warming was driven by carbon dioxide, from Al Gore's own charts and graphs it can be shown that warming drives carbon dioxide levels, not the other way around. Al Gore claims that the polar ice caps are melting away, and that the polar bears up north were in serious danger from having to swim many many miles in their search for land on which to hunt and forage. Mr Gore even had an animated segment of a polar bear drowning in the vast ocean while he was swimming something like 60 miles which Mr Gore claimed was a dangerously long way for a polar bear to have to swim. FAIL! Mr Gore did not do his homework, the Polar Bear is classified as an AQUATIC MAMMAL, which means that the polar bear is just at home either on land or in water and they certainly do not drown. Polar bears routinely swim more than 100 miles at a time...

Scientific Consensus, overwhelming majority agreement...
Science is not determined by consensus, period. Science is determined by The Scientific Method, which involves, Problems, hypotheses, theories, experiments with control groups and intensive observation, peer review and above all else, REPRODUCTION of RESULTS! There was NONE of this involved with the claims of AGW and or CC. In fact the proponents of AGW/CC refused to share their data for peer review; they refused to release data via the Freedom of Information Acts in both the USA and in the UK. In fact, a large amount of the "data" collected in support of AGW was destroyed illegally, rather than shared with other scientists for the proper and accepted process of peer review.
Al Gore and the IPCC claimed to have an overwhelming majority of "scientists" in agreement on AGW so the Science was Settled. Since science is NEVER determined by any majorities, nor by any consensuses, that just cannot be the case. In fact the AGW camp had boasted having over 1800 "Scientists" and up to as many as 2500. As difficult as it is to believe that any scientist would compromise his or her integrity and/or good standing in support of a HOAX, that is in support of a trading SCAM, I will accept those numbers as accurate. The Petition Project, is a petition with the signatures of over 31,000 real Scientists, including over 9,000 PhD's who say that AGW is not real and that man does not cause the earth to heat up or cool down. Now if you'd like to accept overwhelming majorities and consensuses to determine the truth in science, then AGW is blown away by the sheer numbers alone, 2,500 at best, vs. 31,000, more than 15x.

Climate Gate.
Phil Jones of Climatic Research Unit of East Anglia University was interviewed on the BBC a few months back. In that interview, "Dr" Jones admitted leaving both the Medieval Warm period and the Little Ice Age out of his "Hockey Stick Graph" seriously misrepresenting the historical climate record. He also admitted that there had been no significant warming since 1995. That means that, the entire production of An Inconvenient P.O.S. was false, all lies. And they all knew it all along, including Mr Internet Inventor, Al Gore. Let alone the thousands of dammning emails revealing the contempt the members of CRU the IPCC and other AGW Agencies had for those who wished to review theyr finding, those who disagreed with their assertions, and anyone else who even questioned their claims. Also included was evidence that CRU and the rest of them were fabicating and falsifying their "data" proving that the earth was warming, which it was NOT!
There is more I could add to this, but I think there is more than enough here to verify or even disprove for yourself, depending on your intention, but I guarantee that you will not disprove anything I have stated in this post...

edit on 1-10-2010 by Banjamin Jefferson Madiso because: To fix typos

edit on 1-10-2010 by Banjamin Jefferson Madiso because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
This video campaign makes me ill. A few years ago I made a video showing the similarities between the Climate Cops campaign and nazis. It was mostly a joke, but maybe there is a stronger connection than I first thought.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tarrok
I'm sad to say that the media's push to create tunnel vision for this CO2 business is succeeding.

Congratulations, thanks to you the nail and the head are now acquainted.

Now instead of approaching the problem of climate change with cool heads and ingenuity, it's change your lifestyle or we'll kill you. Forget carbon dioxide scrubbing, reforestation, algae cultivation, clean energy.

What we really need to save the human race is more raw fear. There's just not enough fear these days.

I try to keep my waste down just because it saves me money, but after watching this I feel in sympathy with a previous poster. I feel like running my A/C during the day when I'm not home just for spite.

What urinates me off the most is that this video featured some all-star actors like Gillian Anderson. Because of this I suspect my personal carbon footprint is dramatically lower than that of any person even remotely involved with that video. Hypocrites, the whole lot of 'em. Motes and beams in eyes and all that.

edit on 1-10-2010 by NewlyAwakened because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Well that just about says it all for the eco-nazis doesn't it? I think this is just about the best piece of propaganda they've come up with yet and I'm all for spreading it around! That way everyone can understand the way these people think. lol.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
This really is starting to snowball around the internet and media outlets. Here are a few links:

The original website as it stands now: www.1010global.org...

There are many comments here: wattsupwiththat.com...

and here: wattsupwiththat.com...

It seems as though they are not trying to stop the video spreading any more. This is basically because they can not stop it spreading.

I am not sure if this is what they wanted to achieve, either way they have made a splash. They have angered a lot of people on both sides of the AGW issue.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
That is disgusting, simply terrorist propaganda.
If you don't agree with me or my views I'll destroy you.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
There is a YouTube video : watch?v=DeMi8Bxw6lI

The video above is deleted and there has been no re-upload by anyone. If anyone can find it cached anywhere please post it. It is a behind the scenes look at the making of the main video on this thread.

The blurb:

Whippersnapping climate campaign 10:10 teams up with legendary comic screenwriter Richard Curtis - you know, Blackadder, Four Weddings, Notting Hill, co-founded Comic Relief - and Age of Stupid director Franny Armstrong to proudly present their explosive new mini-movie "No Pressure". The film stars X-Files' Gillian Anderson, together with Spurs players past and present - including Peter Crouch, Ledley King and David Ginola - with music donated by Radiohead. Shot on 35mm by a 40-strong professional film crew led by director Dougal Wilson, "No Pressure" celebrates everybody who is actively tackling climate change... by blowing up those are aren't.

edit on 1-10-2010 by Pentothal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
This video is someone's really poor and unfortunately stupid attempt at macabre humor and that's about all that needs to be said about it.

But of course what's more telling is the sad but absolutely predictable response of all the Pavlovian Beavis and Buttheads out there who don't understand the first thing about climate change, but think they've got it all figured out and pigeonholed into some exclusively brainwashed movement of eco-nazi's and communists here to steal your sovereignty.

Everything is just an excuse to spit the same old rhetoric about taxes and global governance...never mind the fact this video has nothing to do with that.

ZOMG!! They want to terrorize us and control us into.......

Insulating our houses!!...............?
Changing our.........light........bulbs?
Riding a bike....eeeeeeek!!

Oh no - run, er...I mean drive!! DRIVE YOUR HUMMERS, that'll show those eco-nazis...
OH THE HORROR!!! It's ALL about control. blah blah blah.

Dance monkeys, dance.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
by the third one I turned it off. Not only is it grotesque but it's also painfully boring. What a load of rubbish. Bollocks. (sorry to sound British but the accents on the video wore off on me, probably the only thing I'll take away from that video, ha!).

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mc_squared

I am afraid it is a little more serious than that. It is a PR disaster and has already been acknowledged. The response has been huge, angry and ever growing.

Here is the Guardians page on it: www.guardian.co.uk...-fold

Check all the comments.

The Guardian effectively run the campaign. They posted the video and pulled it almost immediately. A backup was made and re-posted. Supporters are receiving furious calls from local business groups that have signed up to this.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Pentothal

I know.

It's a really stupid video and probably deserves a lot of criticism.

All I'm saying is people are already running with it and skewing it to fit their own "agendas" and group everyone into the same category and all that stupid predictable stuff that makes them just as brainwashed as everybody they like to point the finger at.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mc_squared

Yeah, I can not argue with that point. But it is to be expected. People always jump on the failures and use them to their own advantage. In this case, I have little if no sympathy for the idiots who made this production. I would go as far as to say that it was an infiltration and sabotage of the movement such is the scale of the lack of judgement.

The other news has started to feed on this also: blogs.telegraph.co.uk...

They even quote a figure of 300,000 deaths each year directly from AGW and this is complete BS.

They are showing their eco-facist side.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

If only there was a red button that I could use, that would completely eradicate those who opposed my opinions...

... No but really, this is sick in so... so.... so many ways...

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Good God! What did I just watch?

10:10 Carbon Reduction Campaign
Today we put up a mini-movie about 10:10 and climate change called 'No Pressure’.
With climate change becoming increasingly threatening, and decreasingly talked about in the media, we wanted to find a way to bring this critical issue back into the headlines whilst making people laugh. We were therefore delighted when Britain's leading comedy writer, Richard Curtis - writer of Blackadder, Four Weddings, Notting Hill and many others – agreed to write a short film for the 10:10 campaign. Many people found the resulting film extremely funny, but unfortunately some didn't and we sincerely apologise to anybody we have offended.

As a result of these concerns we've taken it off our website. We won't be making any attempt to censor or remove other versions currently in circulation on the internet.
10:10 Carbon Reduction Campaign

Uh ...

What will I be doing to cut my carbon emissions?

1 - I will be attempting to breath 10% less air.
2 - I will be attempting to fart 10% less.

Truthfully, I can see how it may have been humorous to some, and if global warming is a serious issue being caused by us, perhaps there should be a program to cut use of bombs (creating heat) that are being dropped or planted by roadsides by at least 10%, to include spontaneous human combustion buttons.
+ boom = global warming.

Joining 10:10 both underlines our commitment to reducing our carbon footprint even further and gives us a wealth of advice. We urge other UK businesses to join."
- Ronan Dunne, CEO O2

Signing up makes your business part of the solution to climate change. The aim is to reduce emissions by 10% in one year – or as close as you can get. By getting your carbon under control you’ll be cutting costs, staying ahead of the curve and helping Britain show the rest of the world how it’s done.
10:10 is a business that has a CEO

Well, I give them credit for targetting their audience with a "shock and awe" tactic that exploits the shock value appreciation we seem to be consumers of. Bravo 10:10, you probably earned some attention, which was the goal of the campaign, obviously. Provoking biological obligations is one way to sell a product, even if the perceived product is future clandestine profits.

Button idea was sort of funny, but definately sends the signal that this is some kind of ..... war.

Do NOT press the red button,

-ET

ETA: I have been known to post things on ATS from time to time, knowing damn well they would get deleted, and/or I would get a warning, but I posted it anyways because I was trying to make a valid point. I equate this brand of thinking as similiar as to what the true intentions of the 10:10 Carbon admissions campaign was attempting to do.

edit on 1-10-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because: ETA & add "/" in a bb code to external material

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
UPDATE: Another major celebrity has announced that he shares the concerns of Richard Curtis and the 10/10 campaign. Step forward: Osama Bin Laden.

AFP – Osama bin Laden has expressed concern about global climate change and flooding in Pakistan, in an audiotape aired on the Internet, his first public remarks since March, a monitoring group said Friday.

“The number of victims caused by climate change is very big… bigger than the victims of wars,” said the voice, whose authenticity could not be immediately verified and made available by SITE Intelligence Group.

Go Green or we kill your kids

edit on 1-10-2010 by Pentothal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by thegoodcause

quality of video

According to 10:10's apology and takedown notice, the production team included "50+ film professionals and 40+ actors and extras" and was written by Richard Curtis.

entertainment propaganda piece

Yes.

And while it is manipulative to a level that would make both Anthony Robbins and Leni Riefenstahl green eyed with envy...it's also very typical british humor. For comparison, here's Monty Python's skit on organ donation.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I thought the video was funny,

I dont see what kind of propaganda you guys are talking about....

The polar ice caps are melting, Its a fact,
Take a look at Satellite Images from NASA

I bet the only people who think its offensive are the people who thinks Global Warming isnt real

edit on 1-10-2010 by SupremeKnowledge because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join