It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass protests rock enraged Europe: millions on strike, hundreds of thousands take to the streets

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Because everyone loves to talk smack about the U.S. I know someone who went on a trip to Europe and they wore a Canadian flag shirt just so that they wouldn't get the sneers and flack that an American would get. But what do I know, I'm just a fat, lazy, stupid American, as we all are, according to the haters

P.S. Any advanced alien race that looked at the way we humans act and treat each other, would probably just turn around and decide to come back in a millions years once we have grown up, if we haven't by then blown up.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnactedEgoTrip
The main reason people here (UK) dont bother taking action is because it is unlikely to work, and people just end up further out of pocket due to not being paid for the days they strike, especially as things are very tight for us now.

Remember the Iraq war? 1 million protestors, and they were completely ignored. The government will ignore us completely no matter what we do. There is only one way to get the government to change their mind, and that is to overthrow them (including the unelected lords) and replace them with competent people who actually care about the human race.

Shame nobody is up for it.

Strikes don't work. All it does is anger the people that rely on that particular service therefore not gaining public sympathy for their cause.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blazer
Because everyone loves to talk smack about the U.S. I know someone who went on a trip to Europe and they wore a Canadian flag shirt just so that they wouldn't get the sneers and flack that an American would get.

who wears flag shirts anyhow...what is this, 1987?

I have been all around, and never had a problem with my identity or nationality. People across the pond generally don't like 2 things about the states. The governments imposing on the world to dominate resources, and stupidity in general.
Since I was not a government offical making policy, and since I am not stupid, I found only good natured people...most whom wanted to visit America for one reason or another (typically to see hollywood or NYC).

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blazer
But what do I know, I'm just a fat, lazy, stupid American, as we all are, according to the haters

And all us Brits are reserved with bad teeth.
(not)

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Portugal will have a national strike in November. The FMI is about to intervene and recession will happen next year The Prime Minister has anounced very hard measures, like raise taxes and decrease salaries.

link   
reply to post by links234

Great analysis, you hit it on the nose!
2nd.

link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
If this had happened in the states they would have been decried as racists and potential terrorists.

Unfortunately, In the US people are too addled by drugs, fluoride toxic food and mindless television to get enraged about much of anything.

The protesters in Europe....good for them.

edit on 30-9-2010 by badgerprints because: Added last sentence....that ok with you?

sad but true and if we actually do protests then think of the G20 event in Pittsburgh.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by links234

Great analysis, you hit it on the nose!
2nd.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
"Nothing changes, Nothing ever will.
Every year another brat, another mouth to fill.
Same old story. What's the use of tears?
What's the use of praying
If there's nobody who hears?
Turning, turning, turning, turning, turning
Through the years."

Les Miserables, Act II, Scene 6.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonsmusic
Spain, Belgium, Greece, Ireland...

How is it that so many people from completely different countries can all feel so similar about the world's problems and take action that expresses it, while Americans, who have been hit so hard on so many fronts recently, still remain placid and docile for the most part?

Because you allow your elected officials to decry that anyone who disagrees with them is a dissident and can be sent to gitmo without a phone call, lawyer or trial and be water boarded!

I hope America grows some balls and starts running its own country instead of allowing 500 odd "elected" (if you call vote rigging and election) people to do what ever they want!

Follow Germany and BAN electronic voting!

Follow Europe and demand your politicians do what you WANT! that is why you put them there isn't it?

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

If this had happened in the states they would have been decried as racists and potential terrorists.

Unfortunately, In the US people are too addled by drugs, fluoride toxic food and mindless television to get enraged about much of anything.

Obese racist terrorists, dumbed down by a perpetual barrage of advertisments and media hype.
That's much more realistic.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Caetano
Portugal will have a national strike in November. The FMI is about to intervene and recession will happen next year The Prime Minister has anounced very hard measures, like raise taxes and decrease salaries.

Wow! Are you like, a prophet or something? Maybe you have a "familiar?"
What's the big dip in time-wave-zero-web-bot-Bible-code in mid-October about?
I'm undecided on a Nissan Armada or a Toyota Sequoia, which one will I get a better deal on?
Is Osama Been Hidin' really still hidin' or is he dead?
2012: A bang or a bust?
WTC: Us or them?

I think if America gets to the point where millions go on strike and hundreds of thousands take to the streets all over the country, the the fit has officially hit the shan. America is like, twice the size of Europe and even though it has about half the population, we've got guns. You know, just in case we get to the point where millions of us go on strike and hundres of thousands take to the streets all over the country.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
What we treally need in the US is a revolution, not more of the Republicans, Dems or Tea Party, but a real revolution. There, I finally said it. I don't think the people have the guts to do it, but that's what has to happen.

Bothb major parties are corrupt and controlled by corporate interests, and the common peeple in this country are just getting ground into the dust. We MUST have a revolution, and soon..

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by witness63

and the hopeful outcome? now lets not get all silly and say some meaningless statement like "let the people rule".

What specifically would you want in a revolutions outcome? would you want to ensure that the unfortunates are taken care of? would you want a anarchy where its survive by your own merits? what outcome do you desire in your perfect senario?

and again, I ask for specifics...many speak of revolution, but evolve into exactly what? nobody seems to go further than that.

if you want to simply randomly shoot at people...buy a video game.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

edit on 30-9-2010 by badgerprints because: Added last sentence....that ok with you?

To do anything? We're too distracted and drugged to do Anything?

Seattle Protests

G20 Pittsburgh Protests

Anti War (Iraq war 2003) Protests in NYC

Iranian Protests in NYC

In other words, we're not too drugged up to engage in anything to fight the system. Choose your words wisely next time.

edit on 1-10-2010 by SeventhSeal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Each and every one of these people are heroes! It doesn't freaking matter where they are on the feaux political spectrum! So tired of people bringing up that crud! It's just a divisive tactic and so many of you can't let it go! You have to realize that whether a person is on the "right" or "left", we are almost universally STILL in favor of FREEDOM and a FREE country! A place where you can pursue happiness and be free to live your own way as long as you don't hurt anyone else!

Let it go! And learn to make a difference! Get off your butts and protest like these heroes who are out fighting against these ridiculous austerity measures and one world government in the name of fascist/corporatists!

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Or terrorist loving hippies that hate your freedoms

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Yep youre so right.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

what does the T.E.A. party stand for? taxed enough already is what i know and i do believe they go everywhere in the U.S. but what i really wanna know is when the revolution starts. protest do nothing

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl

Originally posted by Caetano

Wow! Are you like, a prophet or something? Maybe you have a "familiar?"

You don't have to be a prophet to see these events unfold in Europe. You just need to have a TV and watch the news...
Strikes are announced beforehand and a national strike is set up for November in Portugal.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join