It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Contador blames positive drug test on steak

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Got PED's? Your steak does.

Three-time Tour de France champion Alberto Contador blamed contaminated steak Thursday for his positive doping test, vowing to clear his name and not let cycling’s latest drug scandal “destroy everything that I have done.” The Spanish rider was provisionally suspended after a World Anti-Doping Agency lab in Germany found a “very small concentration” of the banned substance clenbuterol in his urine sample on July 21 at the Tour, according to a statement from cycling governing body UCI.

Steak, huh? Seems like the UCI, cycling's governing body, agrees with Contador.

“On the 26th we talked at length about how all this had happened. The UCI itself told me to my face that it was a case of food contamination,” Contador said.

Why do cows need PED's?

Clenbuterol is sometimes given to cows, pigs and other animals to increase their growth rate.

Just another reason to not eat meat, I guess. Everything is contaminated, might as well not eat food anymore. Ugh.

Now, as many know, cycling has notoriously been known as a dirty sport. Most people would tend to think this is just another cyclist doping but since the UCI has not taken his Tour title away that his story may hold some weight. The amount of drugs in his system was so small that it seemingly couldn't have come from doping. There probably will be no clear answer to whether this is true or not, but the fact remains that they are injecting animals in our food supply with all kinds of junk.

I find it pretty sad nowadays the state of our food. Stories like this just reinforce what I already believe, that we are screwed. We need to take back our food supply before it's too late and worthless agencies like the FDA and our government, trying to pass laws like the recent food bill that is currently working it's way to a vote(sorry, don't remember the number on it, 510 I want to say but I may be wrong) only serve to make the situation even worse.

new topics

join