It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Translations of sumerian tablets online ! Finaly proof that the Anunnaki were aliens ?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

xcalibur i am going to put it to you this way. if there was no genetically alterations how in sam hill do you get asians, whites, light chocolates, so on and so forth, from noah and his wife
. or to put it to you this way. how did we get a Chihuahua from a dire wolf. All anyone has to do is look around and nothing makes sense. so when the government and historians tell me they have it all figured out i call bull shizzle. i am not argueing that stichen had it right, or wrong, i am argueing that their is something more to them sumerian text and possibly they have been interpretaded wrong. As i always say. how are us young historians ever to learn the truth when the truth seems to always end abruptly by way of someones death, a archeology dig shut down for 3 plus years. Or the winners of wars burning the literature of almost all of our history.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Here is another site that deals in only Sumerians.

www.sumerian.org...

I pasted his FAQ section, but you can go back and see the whole site. Plus he gives credit to Sitchin or doesn't even dis him.

edit on 1-10-2010 by dragnet53 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by css1981

no link on that moon case. i researched it myself big thanks to google technology. i did post some of the photos i took from google by a cell phone cam and post some to ats fb and my fb account too.if u can u2u ur email i can send you the whole set.
i did try posting it here on the forum but i cant get it through..just not enough "know" how to do it..
but its right in google moon komarov crater...you may research it yourself...i do want it to be validated by others...

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rollo
why dumb down the spirit dimension to fit ufo?
Man can understand aliens and ufos apparently but the spirit is dismissed and to hard to comprehend.
Rather it is trimmed and spliced to fit into man made concepts...ufo.

UFO are not real...the spirit realm is real...stop pigeon holing this dimension with manipulations and distractions of the world

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by css1981

Good find OP S&F

2nd

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by allprowolfy

We know when certain "races" diverged from the original humans from Africa. It was through natural and sexual selection. As for dogs, we also know how this occurred since we're the ones who did it. We bred for the traits we wanted. We also know that chihuahuas in particular most likely came from the breeding of Old World dogs with the Aztec Techichi.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Ill admit, these translations do seem to "jive" with Sinchin's ramblings...God I hope he isnt right, lol. Ive never liked that guy, lol.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Hey all - nice topic. This summer, I bought and read all of Stichin's books and as anybody, just kept my mind open to the possibility. Oddly, around that time, I found this interview on Red Ice Radio on the same topic. Anyone who is interested in this topic would do well to listen to the interview.

Michael S. Heiser - Zecharia Sitchin is Wrong, Sumerian Writings & Nibiru

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

We know when certain "races" diverged from the original humans from Africa. It was through natural and sexual selection.

I don't believe you know what you are talking about. No other race has the eyes of of an asian. Genetic manipulation is the only logical reason for the eyes.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragnet53

Originally posted by aew14
This place keeps getting better and better. How anyone can believe Sitchin is beyond me. These translations do nothing to affirm his statements. At the end of the day, this is pointless as we have learned literally nothing new on this topic

I guess you would believe Phil Plait before Sitchin? Both can be wrong at times.

I have no doubt that both can be wrong, hell, anyone can be. Thats the point. There are so many people who want to belive Sitchin just because tehy hope that story is true. That is not scholarship, its utter drivel.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Originally posted by Rollo
why dumb down the spirit dimension to fit ufo?
Man can understand aliens and ufos apparently but the spirit is dismissed and to hard to comprehend.
Rather it is trimmed and spliced to fit into man made concepts...ufo.

UFO are not real...the spirit realm is real...stop pigeon holing this dimension with manipulations and distractions of the world

Would love to see proof, outside of a thumbs up.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
As much as I believe in aliens, I dont believe they are "gods". I beilve that there is a higher power more complex then we can ever understand in our current state. Now, I believe aliens did help the human populus, but to call them gods is absurd.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

The epicanthic fold is present in all races, it is just more common in Far East Asians, although it is not always present. However, there is a very good reason why it is more present. The people that eventually inhabited places like Japan, Korea, etc. originally came from extremely cold and snowy places, such as Siberia. The epicanthic fold would provide better heat retention, as well as protect the eyes from glare off the snow and blowing snow. This is why this feature is only common in Far East Asians and not in people from the Indian sub-continent as their ancestors immigrated from warmer climates. Furthermore, this explains why Far East Asians have pale skin compared to other people on the Asian continent.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by alyoshablue
Hey all - nice topic. This summer, I bought and read all of Stichin's books and as anybody, just kept my mind open to the possibility. Oddly, around that time, I found this interview on Red Ice Radio on the same topic. Anyone who is interested in this topic would do well to listen to the interview.

Michael S. Heiser - Zecharia Sitchin is Wrong, Sumerian Writings & Nibiru

oh god this guy reminds me of the so called debunkers on this site nit picking at things that don't suit their belief. He was claiming that on the oxford site that if you type the word Anunnaki in the site you don't get any hits. Anunnaki was an Akkadian/Babylonian terminology. It sounds like that dude is jealous of Sitchin's following more than anything.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragnet53
I don't believe you know what you are talking about. No other race has the eyes of of an asian. Genetic manipulation is the only logical reason for the eyes.

Unfortunately, it seems that you are the one here who doesn't know what they are talking about. All humans have epicanthic folds when they are developing in the womb. Some ethnicities retain this trait as they mature, however Asians are not the only ones who possess epicanthic folks; populations of Scandinavians, Inuits, American Indians and in Africa also possess the trait.

Can you cite a source that says the only explanation for epicanthic eyes is genetic manipulation.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

I'm pretty sure Heiser knows what the word Annunaki is. He is a scholar of many languages, including Sumerian, Akkadian, Phonecian, Egyptian hieroglyphs, Aramaic, Ancient Hebrew, and numerous other languages. I would say he's more qualified to discuss what a Sumerian translation is than Sitchin.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Hi,
I only know the story from studying my mentors work from the 70's.. which she has or it is at a uni somewhere. I haven't even read Sitchin's books because of her dislike for some of his "additions" as she called them. So I can discuss the subject but can't provide links to stuff people want. Not what scholars want for sure.

Re: M. Heiser.

This is going to sound too weird for many readers so shut your eyes if your mind cannot open

I just went to the site linked for the info and took one look at the photo of this man. Here's the weird bit.. being a natural-born psychic I immediately 'saw' the air of superiority he is radiating. It is what I would call "smarmy", an elitist approach that cannot consider any other possibility because it is not backed by good science.

Ok, the rest of you can go on pretending I didn't say that

Back to the Topic..

edit on 1-10-2010 by Tayesin because: fix up dyslexic spelling again

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by fonenyc
As I understood it Sitchin's translations were for the most part correct and the part that his peers criticize him for is his taking passages of the Torah and Bible to fill in the gaps of missing Sumerian tablets/stories

Well, then, you misunderstood.

Sitchen doesn't even claim to be able to translate cuneiform at all.

People here using the phrase "Sitchin's translations" would be well advised to start using the phrase "Sitchin's claims."

Sitchin takes other people's translations (most noteably, those of Leonard King and Samuel Kramer) and picks and chooses spots to insert words that he wants to be there - such as "rocket."

Not even a neat trick. Just a sad, transparent fraud.

Yet people want so badly to believe it, they fall for it over and over.

Harte

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by cj6
How do u even know the translations are correct and/or accurate??? Just a thought..

The same thing can be said about Einstein's theories correct? Only a few can even understand his formulas. Most (99.99999%) of us just accept it as fact.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Youre probably right but what Sitchin presents is an interesting theory... Sitchin's claims are probably extensions of Von Daniken's research/claims and Sitchin is just trying to fill in the gaps.... I admit I can believe alien Gods before some boogieman in the sky, either way I believe neither lol but it is good to be aware of as much as possible... including Sitchin's claims

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join