It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New threads, active threads, MIA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Ya, erm...came on and the little list that is always on the right side of the thread about the newest thread and such are missing...

erm...

if this is a temporary thing, then no problem, however, if this is a choice..what a epic fail idea that is.

I dont mind the changes lately..like some of em, others just a matter of learning some new things..but this missing new and active threads...disasterous if its the plan.

rabble rabble rabble!!!

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Technical reason is in the 2010 updates thread - but short version is no, not coming back

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

Technical reason is in the 2010 updates thread - but short version is no, not coming back

well thats like taking the menu out of restaurants and people having to go back into the kitchen to see whats being served.

what a crap idea...so much for up to the minute breaking news...unless your poking around the right topic at exactly the right time.

if technical reasons prevent one of the best selling points, then I would suggest a massive rollback until they get the business plan sorted out to begin with.

-rabble rabble rabble-

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
An alternative replacement is in the works... should be running tomorrow.

In the mean time -- click here

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Sorry, I don't remember the reason, but then I never really used that feature so it was a quick passover. Just happened to remember when you brought it up again.

ETA:
SO jumped in before I posted, so there you are...

edit on 30-9-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Hey...thanks for pointing this out...was handy...and wasn't missing it tonight till you said something.
Well....now I'm missing it....so...what will tomorrow bring I wonder.

hummmph

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Yeah, seriously, if there is a way to bring it back, or even something VERY similar, could you PLEASE, please, pretty please?!?!

It was the whole reason I spent so much time on here! I'd get done with one thread and then see something that caught my interest on the side (while still in the first thread) and jump to that. This feature was my entire site navigation system and this new way (NEW TOPICS+ & TOP TOPICS+) is just honestly annoying to me. It makes me want to get off the computer and go to bed, or worse - go wash dishes
!!!!

Please don't make me do the dishes
!

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Yes. I don't mind all the upgrades, but I dislike that one a lot.

I use those new threads rolling up to check on breaking stories and threads. If they aren't there, I will probably miss a lot of good threads, and I will probably participate a lot less.

Please bring it back!

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Do you see what I see?

*Look right

*Just showed up.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Right?

I see a new spot at the top, but there aren't threads there yet. I don't see anything to the right.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

You don't see vertical writing in the right hand side margin that says new/top/hot/topics?
You won't see it while posting replies, but you should see it when reading posts.

????

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Nope. On my screen those headers are at the top left with a big blank space to their right. Maybe it hasn't been formatted for all browsers yet?

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Ah. Well, it's being discussed on the 2010 updates thread right now, maybe take that info. over there and let SO know? Just a thought. It seems to be working fine in Firefox browser.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Please add any new comments or questions regarding the new changeover to the ongoing and monitored ATS 2010 Updates thread

Closed.

top topics

join