It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING! Odds of Life on Newfound Earth-Size Planet '100 Percent,' Astronomer Says!

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by auswally
reply to post by Ben81

Fears is the path to the darkside Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering

Confucius says man who flicks sh^t at fan gets it in the face too Ben81

Wal

Well this gets a great big star for cracking me up over here!

Can I quote you um.....Confucius? Pockets the words!

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
wow there is a conspiracy in this thread

ok whos the disinfo agents here ??

ahh yes ME

edit on 10/3/2010 by Ben81 because: correction

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

ahh yes ME

Ben my man.....

.....you're OK.

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

edit on 3-10-2010 by Maybe...maybe not because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by KIZZZY

Well this gets a great big star for cracking me up over here! Can I quote you um.....Confucius? Pockets the words!

No worries at all Kizzzy feel free to use it as you wish, glad you got a laugh

Sorry Ben 81, if you dont understand lets just say dont stand near a fan when poo is thrown

Wal

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

ahh yes ME

Ben my man.....

You're ok by me!

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

youre ok by me too dude

damn i was talking on the chat to you i think.. and i was kicked again for flood
im

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by auswally
reply to post by KIZZZY

Well this gets a great big star for cracking me up over here! Can I quote you um.....Confucius? Pockets the words!

No worries at all Kizzzy feel free to use it as you wish, glad you got a laugh

Sorry Ben 81, if you dont understand lets just say dont stand near a fan when poo is thrown

Wal

lol i have understand that part for sure ... not the meaning

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

How old is the galaxy that holds the planet. Is it younger, or older than our own? Also, can't seti wack everything in that direction and see what happens, even though it might take a while.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris
reply to post by Ben81

How old is the galaxy that holds the planet. Is it younger, or older than our own? Also, can't seti wack everything in that direction and see what happens, even though it might take a while.

the milky way galaxy .. is not that old compare to other galaxy
old is relative of course .. our galaxy is young but millions of years old

about seti .. in what direction you said you want to point it ?

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris
reply to post by Ben81

the milky way galaxy .. is not that old compare to other galaxy
old is relative of course .. our galaxy is young but millions of years old

about seti .. in what direction you said you want to point it ?

Yes, i know we are a young galaxy, i just wanted to know how old the galazy was that holds this planet.

In the direction of this planet/solar system. If the planet is like "earth two" like some have said, then there is a chance it might have life, and maybe intelligent life advanced than our own.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

It's in our galaxy.

The search for Earth-like planets is only aimed at the Milky Way. Correct me if I am wrong, but it is currently 5% of the galaxy under observation.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   

cant answer you on that
ask rajaten ... or MMN

you just reminded me a good old TV serie that a liked in the past

Earth 2

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

It's in our galaxy.

The search for Earth-like planets is only aimed at the Milky Way. Correct me if I am wrong, but it is currently 5% of the galaxy under observation.

Ok, cheers for that
Its a shame that in our life-time we will never see what these planets look like close up

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   

I am in my early twenties so I expect to still see lots of crazy unreal stuff before my time is up. Then again I could get hit by a bus today, but if I live to my life expectancy I am sure lots of new advances in the search for other planets will happen. Its a fun ride and will only get better.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by anthbes

I am in my early twenties so I expect to still see lots of crazy unreal stuff before my time is up. Then again I could get hit by a bus today, but if I live to my life expectancy I am sure lots of new advances in the search for other planets will happen. Its a fun ride and will only get better.

Hope your right! Im 34, and feel it lol. I would love to see what other earth like planets look like, and what might be on them. Imagine a wildlife documentry, or planet documentry where they are actually there!

Saddly, i was born to early

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
OP:
awesome news!
it'll be a very interesting day for science to announce that there is confirmed life on other planets.
albeit even if its microbial life, that would set the world ablaze with mixed reactions. and in turn, would be the greatest warm up for an extra-terrestrial intelligent life announcement.

while the news may shock most, i've always had a feeling we're nit alone.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Confusion42
Invisible Man That Lives In The Sky Tells Me:

The Powers That Be are slowly, but steadily, conditioning the masses to not be shocked for the introduction of 'cosmic neighbors' and entry into the cosmic neighborhood.

Exactly. I just don't understand why this isn't crystal clear to everyone?!

They're really ramping it up and anyone with any brain activity HAS to wonder, why? Why now? What's up? What's going on Why all of a sudden?
Why an UN ambassador? Why all the MSM coverage on the scale it's been lately?
Somethings happening that we're not privy to but we can all agree what they ARE doing is called: conditioning. Desensitizing. Programming. Brainwashing. .Scientific stroking. Dogmatic undoing. Mass manipulation. Religious indoctrination all gearing up for Political POWER over us.

We can't even wipe our arses without the threat of some x-ray truck looking into our homes so do you think they're going to 'let' us have freedom of will with extraterrestrials? I don't think so!

Buckle up people. The ride is about to get very bumpy!

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
this being my first ever post i really don't know if I'm making a leggit post sssoooo here goes

is it me or do is see the whole avatar movie as a precursor to this "discovery?" still awesome news!

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I know ANYTHING is possible...but something tells me this is OUR planet.

Could it be that possibly this planet or distant solar system or whatever you want to call it is actually ours but in a different time. Like I have said I am a little naive and I am VERY NEW and GREEN when it comes to this type of conversation. But I am becoming more and more sucked in and have researched quite a bit.

So who thinks this same thing? Could it be a future or past rather than something totally different? Is it out of the question to believe that This is another dimension or galaxy or even universe for that matter. I don't know I am just trying to pick brains and see if I am alone....

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

They've know about this planet for years. If you look into Steven Hawking he talks about this planet in one of the documentaries about the universe. Even talks about the life that we would find there. So wake up, this planet has life and it has been known about for at least 5 years and somehow they have at least speculated what kind of life they might find there. To me it is very interesting. I'm wondering why they are focusing on this one instead of Europa. That one to me would surely be more intriguing life. ^_^ Just some pennies!!

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Forgive me for repeating if someone has mentioned this already... but...

K Pax is one of my favorite movies of all time, and reading about this extrasolar planet, I initially thought of that movie.

Prot (Kevin Spacey) ((fitting name for the role haha)), tells of K-Pax, which apparently revolves around a red dwarf star (in a binary system, but that's the difference, besides being 20light years instead of 1000).

Wouldn't it be cool to actually FIND another life form somehow, be it intelligent, or not!! Amazing times we're living in!!

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join