It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(fixed link)New species of Dinosaur discovered in egypt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
an egyptian expedtian lead to the discover of a new species of dinosaur, a show about the expedition aired on the history channel here is a description.
FIXED LINK
www.historychannel.com...

Qoute
"A group of American paleontologists set out on a real-life "Indiana Jones" adventure and unearth what is now recognized as a new species of dinosaur--Paralititan stromeri--and our cameras are there to document every step of the 7-week expedition through sandstorms and the blazing hot sun of the Sahara Desert. One of the most significant finds in the history of dinosaur science, we document every step of the University of Pennsylvania expedition on state-of-the-art high definition video." Qoute

link fixed

[edit on 6/24/2004 by machinegunjordan]

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   

\No Episode Found
Sorry, but we could not find the episode you were looking for. Please check our listings for current programming and airings.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna

\No Episode Found
Sorry, but we could not find the episode you were looking for. Please check our listings for current programming and airings.

yes i just edited that there is a problem with why it wont work but if i go to histories website and find the show i get the same url so it is their fault not mine.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Intresting info there,

I am looking forward to finding a bit more out on this,

Think i might try and find some info,

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
thank you asala i thought i would never get a reply i will also help in finding info after a shower.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
interesting, I had heard about this species back in 2000,

Paralititan stromeri was discovered in the first months of 2000 by a team of the Pennsilvania University. The actual discovery was made by the student Joshua Smith.

Paralititan stromeri

[edit on 28-6-2004 by quadricle]

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   

It measured up to 100ft from nose to tail. It weighed up to 80 tonnes. It was one of the biggest animals to walk the Earth. And it died in a shallow tidal channel in a mangrove swamp 94m years ago. Paralatitan stromeri - the first word means tidal giant - is a new species of titanosaurid or gigantic dinosaur, discovered at an Egyptian oasis and reported in the US journal Science today. It is also the first fruits of a rediscovery of what some scientists have dubbed "dinosaur heaven".

This is one big Dino!!

Found a insert which tells you a little more about it

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   
oohh good job asala . this dinosaur was huge indeed. hmmmm how bout them nut cases that thought the pyramids were built by dinosaurs this could have done it.
BTW do i get applauded for this

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   
it looks like a bracheosaurus in that image provided by quadricle... of course, i know next to nothing about dinosaurs. it's amazing though, that creatures this large have walked the earth. is this one of the largest then? i would have to imagine that nothing could get much larger than this.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Their is one dinosaur which I think is larger. Argentinasaurus was about 150ft long and about the weight of 20 African bull elephants. I'll post its actual length and weight later on when I've found out.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   
man....too bad these animals aren't around anymore...

you could of made sausages for everbody

Argentinosaurus

Height: 70 feet (21.4 meters) About the size of a six story building.

Length: 120 feet (36.6 meters) Three long school buses end to end.

Weight: 100 tons

Period: Late Cretaceous

Argentinosaurus, recently discovered in Argentina, will probably will turn out to be the largest dinosaur yet discovered, larger than Ultrasauros or Seismosaurus. although Seismosaurus will likely continue to hold the record for total length due to its extremely long tail, characteristic of Diplodocidae. The cross section of one vertebra found of Argentinosaurus measures over five and one half feet in height. Evolutionary biologists believe that dinosaurs were able to reach such colossal sizes due to a colossal metabolism. At the height of its adolescence, Argentinosaurus was probably able to gain about 100 pounds a day!

E_T

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   
dinosauricon.com...

THis might have been longer.
dinosauricon.com...

E_T

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
it looks like a bracheosaurus in that image provided by quadricle... of course, i know next to nothing about dinosaurs.

Then it's good time to fill hole.

This site is pretty visual:
www.abc.net.au...

I like especially these "organic tanks"
www.abc.net.au...
www.cbv.ns.ca... (this site should find better "picture")

Well, actually dinosaurs lived only in land and those in air and sea were reptiles.
But nice "fish" after all... would eat todays sharks as snack.

www.abc.net.au...
www.geocities.com...

new topics

top topics

join