It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Agency Will Not Ask Israel to Sign Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalM
reply to post by SLAYER69

What gives Israel the right to complain about Iran breaching an agreement Israel refuses to sign?

Are you skipping this question??

It's not my place to defend Israels stance. I posted a story and asked some questions. Thank you for your opinion. If you have a question you want answered feel free to write your own thread on the topic.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Iran signed the agreement and have broken said agreement. That's Internationally understood and accepted That's exactly why the UN got involved. Not becuase Israel said so.

What if they just withdrew from the treaty ?

Article X - Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty

1. Each Party shall in exercising its national sovereignty have the right to withdraw from the Treaty if it decides that extraordinary events, related to the subject matter of this Treaty, have jeopardized the supreme interests of its country. It shall give notice of such withdrawal to all other Parties to the Treaty and to the United Nations Security Council three months in advance. Such notice shall include a statement of the extraordinary events it regards as having jeopardized its supreme interests.

edit on 25-9-2010 by UmbraSumus because: add link

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

You know that's well within their rights.
How do you think the world would react?

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Exactly, and what I posted earlier....

Damned if they do, damned more if they don't.....

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   

151-nation meeting of the UN nuclear agency narrowly defeated an Arab push yesterday to censure Israel for shielding its nuclear programs. Well that is a short but sweet article description. so Israel will not have to sign the agreement. I'm sure there will be many here who will disagree with this outcome.

Your thoughts on the matter pro or con?

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Its sad if u really lookat it.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   

I'm not saying I agree with it but here is what Israel has to say on the subject.

J'lem defeats IAEA resolution targeting Israel

At a speech at the assembly earlier in the week, the head of Israel's Atomic Energy Commission, Shaul Chorev, said "I wish to remind all delegates that four Middle Eastern member states, parties to the NPT , namely, Iran, Syria, Libya and Iraq under Saddam Hussein, have grossly violated their treaty obligations.

These four cases make it absolutely clear, that the NPT is unable to adequately address the security challenges of the Middle East region. where the Treaty has been mostly abused." Chorev said that the true threat to the non-proliferation regime "is posed from within, by those states that pursue nuclear weapons, under the cover of their NPT membership."

The man says nothing at all except that Israel's pursuit of nuclear weapons is outside the cover of NPT membership. So what? Does that make Israel's program acceptable? This just more of the same old doublespeak. If Israel was an NPT member its name would be added and list would be five instead of four.

The important difference is that NPT members' activities are subject to inspection and scrutiny which Israel, with the blessings of the USA, gets to continue to avoid. One must wonder why Israel gets this waiver of accountability, disclosure, scrutiny, and inspection and why the USA supports it.

edit on 9/26/2010 by dubiousone because: Spelling errors

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Why focus on Iran? My guess would be that it has something to do with the Rhetoric that comes out of Tehran's Theocratic leadership.

Israel relies on US support on an economic and military basis. The power of the US, and hence the support to Israel, is based upon the strength of the US dollar and the US economy. Iran is directly threatening the strength of the dollar in what has become known as Petrodollar Warfare.

Airspoon wrote a great thread on it, based on the article The Real Reasons Why Iran is the Next Target. It's a MUST read for anyone wanting to understand the situation, though Airspoon's thread is a bit more interactive, has less technical jargon, and gets to the point quicker.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   

It would be treated as an implied admission of Iran's ambition to develop a nuclear weapon .

Which is probably why we won`t see Iran withdraw from the treaty any time soon.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Son of Will

Here is one of my own Unbiased older threads on the topic of Iran.

Iranian revolt Explained - Wake Up!
Check the date of posting....posted on 25-6-2009

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

Maybe that's part of the problem. Not discussing the issues but instead throwing insults and rhetoric back and forth?

edit on 26-9-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I see your point. So will Iran comply or stay on the path they have chosen for themselves?

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

I can't see, to save my life, that the Arabs will adhere to a nonproliferation treaty even thought they sponsored it.

To me, it sounds like Israels enemies are using this as propaganda to escalate tensions between Israel and Arabs.

Israel has never denied nor admitted to having nukes, although the international community believes it does possess them. Something like this is better left untouched. Israel has more sense not to use them if they do have them. I can't say the same for any other nation in the Middle East.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

Well apparently global opinion so it seems is stacked against Israel on this matter.
Now would be a good time for Israel to start doing things less aggressively if Israel ever wants peace with their neighbors. IMO

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join