It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carter feels superior to all other living presidents. Maybe he knows something we don't?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Jimmy Carter, love him or hate him spoke his mind, he got stuff done, and worked very hard after he was a president. He was someone that truly cared about people & wanted peace.

In a recent comment about a picture he was in with; Bush SR., Bush JR, Clinton & Obama he said he felt "superior" to them.

In the picture he is clearly distant, not as happy about being there. Is he just getting old (85) or could he in fact believe in some sort of conspiracy with all the recent presidents.

Wasn't Bush SR the first to say "New World Order"??

Perhaps he knows something we don't... thoughts? Is he justified?

www.examiner.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Ignorance_Defier

Some consider him great for warning about energy over-consumption and our need to get off foreign oil. Others dislike him because they said he was a poor leader.
This doesn't surprise me, though. According to a book I read about the presidents and the secret service, he takes down pictures of other presidents and puts up pictures of himself every time he stays at a house meant for all living presidents. The book also says he was paranoid by the end of his term, but that doesn't mean he didn't have a reason to be. George Bush believed someone was going to kill him with low amounts of radiation, and they were afraid of someone poisoning his food if I remember correctly.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Carter had a rough presidency for various reasons, some his own doing, some best for a conspiracy thread strictly for that.

But he did shine when he got out of office...working for peace and reason. I like the guy.

But, if he truely said he felt superior to other presidents...well, either that was just poor humor, or his narcissism is showing up (all presidents are a bit narcissistic...else they probably wouldn't have run to begin with)

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by time91

Interesting, he did also claim to say a UFO right? You don't think he could feel like the ones next to him are corporate sellouts or what not?

The picture seems strange to me, he is off to the side... idk maybe it's just me.

He also did make that Saudi and someone else from Egypt come to a peace agreement that still stands to this day, apparently like he literary wouldn't let them open the door to leave until they came to an agreement.

You think the Bushs', Clinton, or Obama would ever do anything like that? lol.

www.presidentprofiles.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Perhaps he does know something. However, he most certainly says, "Yes!"

He has spoken.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   

He was certainly mildly different than other presidents we have had since. I'm sure he does know something we don't, but he wasn't a perfect president. He did a lot of good things and said some important things but no one took heed, and everyone is too happy being ignorant to listen. Very few were awake back then as they are now.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
He's a good man.

He actually trained at the same naval nuclear power training as I, S3G in Ballston Spa, New York.

Anywho, he's done a lot for people and got into the trenches of the common man, a great humanitarian.

I would never begrudge him or disrespect him for what he's done, nor should you. He was the mother Theresa of the USA.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Carter feels superior to all other living presidents.

Awesome US citizen, Horrible US President.

That's about all I can say about the man. ATSs T & C prevents me from expressing in details about how I felt living under his Presidency.

uuuhmmm "Stagflation"

edit on 26-9-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
All politicians envision themselves governors or senators. All governors and senators get it in their head that they deserve to be president. And all presidents see themselves as the next transformative leader like Lincoln or FDR. Its narcisism, but nothing that's unexpected.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
i have no kind words for carter

high unemployement
oil embargo
irainian hostage crisis

carter should feel superior not i think its jealously that he was just a terrible president difference is a legend in his own mind.

im sure people will disagree with me but reagan was the best president we have had in the past 30 years clinton just road the wave of his success.

edit on 26-9-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
The article's first sentence : Former President Jimmy Carter said he feels his “role as a former president is probably superior to that of other presidents.”

His role as a former president... It's vastly different from the catchy article's title.

I feel proud and I am satisfied with myself. I have just proven I click and read the links and I don't react emotionally to the Information Industry baits.

Yet, unlike Carter, I feel my contributing value to this thread will probably be inferior to that of other posters.

new topics

top topics

join