It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most 100% Un-biased political USA news source is!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Many of us like to argue that stations like; Fox, CNN, NPR, MSNBC, BBC are unbiased or biased. Some of us agree and some disagree. The truth is that they are all biased sources of news. Why? Because they all contain news reporters and commentators. Fox being the most right winged and MSNBC being the most left winged & everything else is in-between. But which one is not biased at all? NONE of the above are. Some (like myself) watch ones from both sides, but still you are getting your information from a bias, strong or weak.

So which news station is the least unbiased?

THE ANSWER is..... C-SPAN!!!!!

C-SPAN is on almost every cable provider. It is live action of what is actually going on in congress. You get to see your elected official's doing what you pay and elect them for. There isn't people commentating while you are watching. There is no 30 second clip to see one side of the story. You get to see the WHOLE thing and get to decide who you like, and what you agree with for yourself.

I have recently started watching C-SPAN more frequently and now I have a much better understanding of many policies and I know which politicians I agree with and like more.

I encourage anyone interested in politics to start watching more C-SPAN.

Why is C-SPAN not advertised or encouraged more? I believe is because it promotes free thought, unbiased.

www.c-span.org...

^^ there is the link to the official website for those without cable. You can pretty much watch anything on there.

Does anyone else watch C-SPAN, why or why not? Does anyone else agree with me that is the most unbiased source of political news in the United states????

C-SPAN is really a gift that 99% of us take for granted. Boring (yes) important (very).

Start watching C-SPAN!!!

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I am going to start watching more C-Span...lol. That's really i can say. I've watched it before and had the same thoughts as you had, but i COMPLETELY forgot about it. Idk how but I did lol. Thank you for reminding me.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Good Intentions
I am going to start watching more C-Span...lol. That's really i can say. I've watched it before and had the same thoughts as you had, but i COMPLETELY forgot about it. Idk how but I did lol. Thank you for reminding me.

Yes that would be a good idea! If you don't have time for the TV check the website. I believe you can search by senator or HR and watch their recent speaking.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Ignorance_Defier

Oh wow, that i never new of. Thank you very much for that!

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
agreed all news is biased and in regards to c-span

theres just one thing that everyone will need to consider its the fact that they all know the cameras are there

and knowing that fact what you are seeing is still not what you are getting in reality hell they are congressman after all

they ham it up and act yes they act this is why the left and hollywood get along so well they both-both are trying to get you to beleive that they are something they are acutally not.

never listen to what anyone ever tells you look at what they do watch what they do in this country there is not one american who doesnt say one thing and do another there is just not one in this country and that is especially true when it comes to politicians.

any politician in that congress and in this country does nothing for the good of the state or the good of the public thers just not one and while they can promised you the moon they in all reality deliver nothing but empty promises and empty words.

this nation has a serious and fundamental lack of that word- character the average american is nothing about but greedy and lust for their own selfish goals.

and while i amdit there are rare examples of where this is not true its the system- the system is courrupt and it corrupts the individuals.

until the corruption ends which is never likely this country will always get the shaft in the end.

call me a pessimist if you must i call myself just being a realist

edit on 24-9-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You seem to have extreme distrust for everyone. Did a long term girlfriend/boyfriend break up with you? Did you get screwed over on a business deal?

These people are doing good for the country (both right and the left) most of them care about people. They are people just like you and I who have decided to take it into their own hands. I distrust some of them, but not nearly 5%.

These people are good people for the most part. If you would watch you would see what goes on.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Well I wouldn't say ALL politicians are liars, and I wouldn't say ALL politicians are honest. You have some good apples, you have some bad apples. What the OP is saying is C-span lets you decide for yourself whos who.

P.S. - There statements on the floor for example are their actions.

edit on 24-9-2010 by Good Intentions because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

The "Wall Street Journal" even though it does lean to the right somewhat.

I watch and listen to everything from Rush to NPR to Savage to MSNBC. I can somewhat distill something like the truth on my own.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

whats happened in my past is always relevant to my personal beliefs yeah things have happened in the past that have made me the way i am.

trust should never be given freely it should always be earned

edit on 24-9-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

The "Wall Street Journal" even though it does lean to the right somewhat.

I watch and listen to everything from Rush to NPR to Savage to MSNBC. I can somewhat distill something like the truth on my own.

Yes WSJ is a good source. Lol you sound like me. I like seeing both sides too. But if you watch C-SPAN you will get to see what is ACTUALLY going on. Adding C-cpan to your list would be a plus.

NPR is great too; a slight left biased but no one the show "yells" or "attacks" others. They also do alot of world/alternative news which is cool.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I AM THE MOST TRUSTED SOURCE OF NEWS. and I don't trust you.
At all.And if you trust me, this whole post is stupid, or is it?

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by LAUGHING-CAT
I AM THE MOST TRUSTED SOURCE OF NEWS. and I don't trust you.
At all.And if you trust me, this whole post is stupid, or is it?

No it is not about trust at all. It is about exposing the best way to find out political news. Watching it live as it is happening is. AKA C-SPAN.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I miss Cspan junkie's YouTube account. Remember when YouTube took down his account?

Probably screwed up more sites than any other action to date on the political discussion. Everyone was using that account for their sites, to show the actual words from the politicians' more than any other source.

Now that Cspan has set up a site for all of their videos, one has to start all over again.

Oh well, like I have said before, from their own mouths is the best way to prove the politicians are just a bunch of hypocrites and liars.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

Why do you believe that they are hypocrites and liars? I agree that there are a few on both sides, but not the majority. Most of these people want to make America a better to place to live in. Why do you have such "hate" for these politicians??

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
The only bad thing about just watching c-span to figure out whats going on is they never discuss the hiden side. Example Dodd saying he was for protecting Americans during the bail outs, But he slipped a one liner in the bill secretly and allowed bail out money to be given away as bonuses. So you can't believe what you see or hear unless you know the rest of the story.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ignorance_Defier
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

Why do you believe that they are hypocrites and liars? I agree that there are a few on both sides, but not the majority. Most of these people want to make America a better to place to live in. Why do you have such "hate" for these politicians??

Yeah, they never lie.
Yeah, they all pay their taxes.
Yeah, they all are just sweet and innocent folk that just want to help us.
Yeah, they know what is good for us and what our income from our labor should be used for.

Oh, then you bring the standard sleaze response.

Hate? Are you projecting?

Sorry, I hate no one. I despise their actions, but do not hate them. They know not that they are morons. It is hard to hate someone you pity. Someone that believes that they know what is best for another is a moron. Unless they think they are a God or something, how can they actually believe they know what is best for 300 million individuals? Seems almost like a psychopathic narcissism. Lots of those in history.

Tell me, should I pity you? Your attempt at verbal sparring has a lot to desire.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Yeah, didn't you love the two days of lying and deceit that came after that?

"I had nothing to do with it".............................."I had nothing to do with it"............................."well maybe I had something to do with it"................."alright I did it, but the President made me do it".

Yeah, gotta love the liars. They make everyone stand up and notice the corruption that is known as-Washington DC.

edit on 25-9-2010 by saltheart foamfollower because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
good stuff here:
www.c-span.org...

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Daggumit!

I was hoping CSPAN would be different but it looks like this was short lived.

C-SPAN Uses 8/28 Crowd Shot for ‘One Nation’ Promo

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Interesting find. I wonder why they did that. Maybe the person who posted it thought it was from the one nation rally?

To me CSPAN is still the least biased maybe 99% unbiased news; it is the best mainstream, that is.

join