It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALIEN? From my file another unseen Pic of Possible UFO with Alien or something!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
Heres a quick image I just took, and resized etc as in the OP with the EXIF data that goes with it.

Can anyone tell me how the data helps determine what the image is?
How is the data helping to tell if this is a UFO or not?

Hi Dave.

For an image like that one, the EXIF data tells us a few things that may be useful (let's ignore the question of how to verify that the exif is real..).. First up, as already noted, it shows the image has been edited/saved in Photoshop, so it isn't the original. Second, it shows the shutter speed as 1/4 second, which is *way* below hand-holding speed. That tells me that unless the camera was extremely securely mounted, the image will contain motion blur or motion artefacts. Any blurring or double image effects (which do appear in this case) are likely to be entirely or partly because of that - in other words, they do not necessarily indicate object movement.

The exif also gives the brand and model of camera - from that we can work out lens capability (the exif also shows the focal length that was used), sensor size, even sensor efficiency - whether the camera is good in low light, etc.. It will also tell us if flash was used, whether exposure compensation was used to darken or lighten the image, what type of exposure metering (eg spot or averaged), what color balancing was in use - and all of these things *may* be helpful.

Other than that, there isn't much of interest in the exif for that image...

In regard to the image itself, given the high noise levels, I'd definitely want to see the original (and as I happen to know that the S5000 can do this, I don't suppose you have a 'raw' version of it?). Nice lil' camera by the way - I used to own one of its bigger brothers.

As for the OP image - there is absolutely nothing in that, of interest.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Lucifer, is there anything you need to tell us about this photo now that the cat is out of the bag?

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by torsion

Seriously. I heard you did good work...

CAN WE GET SOME B&HAMMER PLEASE

<< 1  2   >>

join