It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chanting U-S-A at football game makes Muslims feel bad according to IU professor

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

I agree with you. All of those situations are unique, but the point was that all of those situations are intentionally gruesome and violent against innocent men, women, and children, and it is done to civilians on purpose. Maybe they are a different tribe or religious sect, but they are targeted based on something besides their military involvement.

The post I was responding to had claimed that the US "slaughters" Iraqis. I can't deny that we kill too many Iraqis, and some of them are probably innocent collateral damage, but it should be abundantly clear that the US troops put themselves into a lot of added danger and the US goes to a lot of added expense to get "surgical strike" weaponry to protect the civilians and limit the collateral damage.

The US military is a million times more careful than any other military in the world, and it is appalling to accuse them of slaughter when compared to those other examples.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Sorry about the confusion. Mr. Greene in fact is not a Professor. The original news article I read stated he was but did not print his letter. I should have researched a little more.
Here is the information on Mr. Greene the left wing Administrator.
David A. Greene was appointed Vice President for Strategic Initiatives in July 2006. In this position, he oversees the University’s planning of initiatives that involve multiple academic and administrative units and reflect the University’s ambitious agenda. These initiatives have included the University’s master plan to guide campus growth, an expanded federal relations presence in Washington, D.C., an economics research institute, the University’s global initiatives, the expansion and improvement of the University of Chicago Laboratory Schools facilities, and local commercial and economic development efforts. He has also been responsible for strengthening the capacity of and recruiting senior leadership for a number of areas in the University, including financial strategy and budget, communications, student and campus life, community and civic engagement, and admissions and financial aid. Prior to his appointment at Chicago, Greene was a vice president at Brown University. At Brown he had oversight of thirteen departments and was the senior officer responsible for policies and planning that optimized the educational environment for the University’s undergraduate, graduate, and medical students. He led planning studies that resulted in major new and renovated campus facilities, a broad range of new student services, and a number of new programs that enhanced the academic dimensions of residential and campus life. He began his career at Brown as President Ruth J. Simmons’s chief administrative deputy. During that time he helped develop the Plan for Academic Enrichment, the University’s long-term plan. He played a similar role at Smith College, where he helped oversee planning efforts that resulted in an ambitious program of facilities and programmatic expansion. Greene received a bachelor’s degree in history from Hamilton College, and his graduate degrees from Harvard University, receiving a master’s degree in human development and psychology and a master’s and a doctoral degree in administration, planning, and social policy. His research interests include the influence of social and political movements on U.S. higher education. His book, The Women’s Movement and the Politics of Change at a Women’s College, was published in 2004 by RoutledgeFalmer Press.   source-www.uchicago.edu...
I could not get back to the thread to post it earlier and I did not think it would take off the way it did. Sorry for any confusion.
The question still stands though- Why are so many of our educators stuck in the "far left fast lane" of life? They indoctrinate these young minds, and ridicule those that don't fall in line. Kinda like this nut did in the schools newspaper.
Like in high school most of these young men and women want to fit in and get caught up in/brain washed by the hype these left wing nuts are spewing.
And before any one tells me this was not the case because he is not a professor- GIVE ME A BREAK, he can still influence those minds around him just as he did with his article in the college news paper.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Quadrivium

Are you sure that's the same David Green?

For one thing, that's a profile from the University of Chicago, whereas the letter to the editor was in the independent school newspaper of the University of Illinois and concerned an incident at a UI game.

Second, the name is spelled differently -- Green in the letter to the editor and Greene in that profile.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

You are absolutly correct. It is not the same guy who wrote the article from the OP.
My apologies for any confusion I may have caused. (You ever just have one of those days?)
The David Green that wrote the article is a, Visiting Resource and Policy Analyst to the University of Illinois.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Thanks for tracking that down

And yes, I do have those days

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   

I'm glad you made a thread on this, I specifically looked it up to see if one was made

This David Green guy sure has a lot of inner issues he needs to deal with, (hopefully).
I think what is happening all across the nation right now is a real good thing!
[We the] People who truly accept and welcome all legal citizens or citizens who are here legally, are sick and tired of being silenced by apologizers or whatever you want to call them.
This land, the people, cherish our freedom of speech, the majority have been silenced long enough lately. So much has happened this year. Many can agree that obama and 2010 both are full of changes (and full of other things too)

No one is more anointed than another, so those who are ultra sensitive and anally PC are the one's who need to get a grip. The voices and the rights of the people aren't going to be silenced by the great divider/s any longer.
This David Green piss ant, imo, wasn't a loner in what he thought about the crowd chanting "U-S-A, U-S-A". Misery loves company, I'm sure he has his groupies or he is a groupie of like minds. Those idiots are raging mad because the majority of the people of The "U-S-A" have an opinion and a voice and are going to exercise their rights, and with pride, OH NOOOOO!!!!

That's what happens when idiots who try to force gags on legal AMERICAN citizens who have a right to have an opinion.
Sorry but we aren't used to being silenced so if we feel the need to SHOUT in pride, heehee, me thinks we gonna SHOUT it out.
Hate us simply because we love what AMERICA stands for Mr. David Green and the other Green's out there, if you so choose, it's your right, but in the meantime, step aside while we exercise our rights, be it loud and proud or soft and proud.

sl

S&F
sl

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join