It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dieting and Exercise Aren't Effective Fat Loss Tools

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Brilliant people eh..... More brilliant then me ? I designed the first commercial vibration training machine that could be used for overweight people ( takes up to 300kgs ) . I wrote the equations and actually built the machine by hand. All based on eccentric contraction rates in fight or flight for primates.

It was all just theory back then. But Body Composition Tests proved the theory correct. Since then I train people for free who are morbidly obese. I am doing something practical that actually works. Because it is hard work.

Not simply repeating excuses.

Exercise and diet can not help those already obese..... Then how do you explain this ......... www.eurekalert.org...

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadtruth
reply to post by Alora

Your particular problem is estrogen overload. It causes weight gain and water retention, right down to the cellular level.

70lbs....not 70lbs. Estrogen "overload" is not responsible for 70lbs. The hormonal cycles that women go through do make it tougher for women than men. And, yes, estrogen does activate lipoprotein lipase on fat cells allowing for fat storage (and also water retention). But my god, you're talking about 70lbs. :@@;

Your body geared up to have a child but then it did not happen. Without the cycle being completed it will stay confused. The only other option is a light estrogen blocker. But you cant take them while trying to get pregnant.

No...not hormone therapy. The body doesn't gear up and then go, "oh...well I guess I'll just stay fat until next time.....Just in case
"

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I got actively involved because I was sick and tired of reading "academic" studies explaining away obesity. All the while the bodies got larger and larger at my mortuary.

The fact is the academics have done bugger all to help anyone. The only reason they come up with these ideas is so they can get a grant to study it. Essentially keeping themselves employed. The fact is it is other people who do the innovation process. Academics just get to watch and report on it later. Usually years behind what's happening on the street. .

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
nice discussion, I need to get back in shape ... ^^

the big problem is my opinion is motivation, it is really hard for you to find that balance of your day, to eat always at the same time, to do exercises at the same time ... for me its hard, every day is a little different, so, its very hard to try to create a routine

I sleep every day at a different time, so its impossible in my opinion right now to do something (motivation ...)

but, at least in my perspective, if I can get a week going everything perfect, I can keep going, otherwise, ...

one thing that I completely agree, when you start a good diet (good diet, eat well) and exercise, you feel much better, its amazing, everything feels great ... you get more motivated, you can sleep better, you dont feel tired ...

so, I really recommend for everyone that is just doing nothing every single day, to try out a good diet ... not to try to starve to death ... but a good diet, its impossible not to feel good ...

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I have deliberately put on 10% body fat in 4 months, then taken it off again. As part of my experiments. Putting my own body on the line.

Practical application of a theory. Not just ideas and talk that in reality help no-one.

Do you now know the academics are blaming a virus for the obesity epidemic....... coldflu.about.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Brilliant people eh..... More brilliant then me ?

Yes. I'm talking about professionals that DO get paid. The physiologists and biochemists that do the lab research, the practitioners that treat morbidly obese patients and the epidemiologists and anthropologists that conduct the observational studies. Those guys and gals.

I designed the first commercial vibration training machine that could be used for overweight people ( takes up to 300kgs ) . I wrote the equations and actually built the machine by hand. All based on eccentric contraction rates in fight or flight for primates.

It was all just theory back then. But Body Composition Tests proved the theory correct. Since then I train people for free who are morbidly obese. I am doing something practical that actually works. Because it is hard work.

That's great! Congrats.

Exercise and diet can not help those already obese..... Then how do you explain this ......... www.eurekalert.org...

Well. Simply exercising to burn calories doesn't work. However, a metabolically demanding exercise such as HIIT does. And it works by improving insulin sensitivity and Excessive Post-workout Oxygen Consumption (EPOC).

With that in mind, that's ONE study. With a six month follow-up....which is hardly long-term. I'd love to see the data, instead of a article written about the study.

Remember...hypotheses must be supported by REPRODUCIBLE results.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   

The fact is it is other people who do the innovation process. Academics just get to watch and report on it later. Usually years behind what's happening on the street. .

I'm talking about research dating back to 70 years ago. This isn't quack science. It's bioenergetics and biochemistry, supported by lab studies AND observations.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
If you are not offering a practical solution. And you are not actually involved in that practical solution. And instead just want to perpetrate excuses of "outside forces" causing obesity.

You help no-one take responsibility for their own health.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   

I have deliberately put on 10% body fat in 4 months, then taken it off again. As part of my experiments. Putting my own body on the line.

Practical application of a theory. Not just ideas and talk that in reality help no-one.

Do you now know the academics are blaming a virus for the obesity epidemic....... coldflu.about.com...

They're not blaming a virus for the obesity epidemic. Read the abstract and then get back to me. You really mustn't rely on journalists and "health writers" to relay information from recent studies.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

" I'm talking about research dating back to 70 years ago. "

Yes that has not managed to help one single person. Pathetic failures all of them.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by thedeadtruth

You really didn't read the OP.

The practical solution is to maintain hormonal homeostasis.

I am indeed actively involved.

And where the hell are you getting that I'm making excuses?

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
You find the foods that are adequate for your body type, eat less more often, and exercise doing cardio while keeping an elevated heart rate (not too much, moderation goes for everything) for at least 15-20 minutes straight for enough time to burn the unwanted calories. Exercise using some form of weight resistance and you may activate the adrogen receptors in the adipose tissue which greatly reduces fat. That will make most people slim down and lose weight. Nutrition IS the most important factor though and adequate sleep and rest follows second. As I stated above, know what foods are good for your body type and eat about every 2-3 hours to keep your body constantly digesting which in turns increases metabolism.
The caffeine in coffee is a thermogenic agent as well as a diuretic, it can aid in losing unwanted fat or weight, combine it with aspirin and they act synergestically. Add ephedra (where legal) to those 2 and you have one of the most effective proven fat burners their is.

edit on 22-9-2010 by kimish because: edit

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by thedeadtruth

I'm talking about research that has been brushed under the rug. You're right, the advice that public health authorities suggest is garbage and based on B.S. The real science was a victim of politics. You kind of agreed with me there.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Because making out for one minute that for the average person, overeating and lack of exercise does not "cause" obesity is irresponsible.

Its my hormones, it a virus, I am just big boned etc....

You are what I work against every day.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   

There is a conspiracy to keep people fat, slow and lethargic. Information is kept from the public, and dis-info is spread in the form of excuses.

And you are part of it.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Because making out for one minute that for the average person, overeating and lack of exercise does not "cause" obesity is irresponsible.

Its my hormones, it a virus, I am just big boned etc....

You are what I work against every day.

And YOU are blaming obesity on people being weak minded fools who fall victim to their physiology.

Which is it? Is it a physiological problem or a psychological problem? According to you, it's psychological and you're COMPLETELY ignoring physiological processes.

You really have no idea how fat metabolism works, do you?

You know, what's irresponsible is your lack of willingness to review the literature. Your purposeful ignorance is akin to faith and dogmatism in religion. If you were truly trying to help people you would put your ego aside and search for the truth. I know, it's tough being objective. But you seem like a smart dude. I'm sure you can do it.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   

There is a conspiracy to keep people fat, slow and lethargic. Information is kept from the public, and dis-info is spread in the form of excuses.

And you are part of it.

Right.

If it's such a conspiracy, then why do 99% of doctors and nutritionists and dietitians and personal trainers...repeat the same garbage as you?

It's almost like you're on my side, but you just don't realize it!

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Sorry to say but most of it is psychological. Most people don't want to be as active as needed or eat the right foods now a days. I know of plenty of people that want to lose weight so they get a gym membership. They may go to the gym for 2 months and than quit because they didn't get the results they were looking for. And their diet is horrible because they don't want to sacrifice what they are so used to eating for "healthier" foods. That is psychological because because it is in their heads, losing those unwanted pounds is a marathon not a sprint. It takes time and EFFORT. It doesn't happen "over night" so to speak. There are people with physiological problems but they are few.

edit on 23-9-2010 by kimish because: edit

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   

The conspiracy isn't to keep people fat, the conspiracy is to keep the sheople complacent. That's why there is flouride in water and other products. They are keeping us fat because they are making money off of it through the foods we eat and the medicines needed largely in part because of those foods.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by kimish

Sorry to say but most of it is psychological. Most people don't want to be as active as needed or eat the right foods now a days. I know of plenty of people that want to lose weight so they get a gym membership. They may go to the gym for 2 months and than quit because they didn't get the results they were looking for. Ant their diet is horrible because they don't want to sacrifice what they are so used to eating. That is psychological because losing those unwanted pounds is a marathon not a sprint. It takes time and EFFORT. It doesn't happen "over night" so to speak. There are people with physiological problems but they are few.

You're ignoring the physiological processes. I'm not denying that psychological influences exist. I'm simply saying that....

If you're blaming obesity on psychological issues, then you're attributing obesity to overeating....which just isn't the case. Fat deposition is INDEPENDENT of caloric intake.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join