It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mount Weather: Secret Underground Complex

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
looks like there is an office there. You should go in there an see if they will answer questions.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Hi,

My first post.

Pg115 of Bill Coopers 'Behold a pale horse', talks about Mount Weather. It got me interested in the subject. Worth a read. The following chapter in the book talks about FEMA.

Here are some parts from the book where Bill talks about Mount Weather.

On an underground military installation outside Bluemont, Virginia called Mount Weather which was ordered built by the Federal Civil Defense Administration, which is now the Federal Preparedness Agency.

Mount Weather was designed in the early ’50s as part of the civil defense program to house and protect the Executive branch of the Federal government. The official name was “The Continuity of Government Program.”

Congress has repeatedly tried to discover the real purpose of Mount Weather, but so far has been unable to find out ANYTHING about the secret installation. Retired Air Force General Leslie W. Bray, director of the Federal Preparedness Agency told the Senate Subcommittee on the Constitutional Rights in September 1975: “I am not at liberty to describe precisely what is the role and the mission and the capability that we have at Mount Weather or any other precise location.”

The Subcommittee of Constitutional Rights, charged the Mount Weather held dossiers on at least 100,000 Americans. He later alleged that the Mount Weather computers, described as “the best in the world,” can obtain millions of pieces of additional information on the personal lives of American citizens simply by tapping the data stored at any of the other 96 Federal Relocation Centers….

The late William Cooper

Cooper writes that Mount Weather is virtually an underground city

“complete with dormitories, private apartments, streets sidewalks, cafeterias, hospitals, water-purification systems, power plant, office buildings, a lake fed by fresh water from underground springs, a mass-transit system, and many other astounding things.”

The same thing has been said about DIA, almost verbatim. Some claim DIA is connected to other secret installations across the country via a massive underground transport system.

“Mount Weather is the operational center — the hub — of over 96 other underground Federal Relocation Centers scattered across the United States. The majority of these appear to be concentrated in Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, and North Carolina. Each of these facilities contains computer data banks holding information — not on enemy agents, Soviet diplomats, or suspected terrorists but on American citizens, patriots. A list of other files kept at the facilities was furnished to the Subcommittee on Constitutional Rights in 1975. The list included “military installations, government facilities, communications, transportation, energy and power, agriculture, manufacturing, wholesale and retail services, manpower, financial medical and educational institutions, sanitary facilities, population, housing shelter, and stockpiles.”
edit on 7-8-2011 by unsignedguide because: spelling

edit on 7-8-2011 by unsignedguide because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by LL1

I live not far from mt. Weather, its just off rt. 7. My spouse and I have driven by it several times going to our favorite hiking trail.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
What a greet thread..

Glad i found it...

I never even heard of this place before...

Thanks OP!

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Field trip time, kids. Don't lick the windows.

This is Mount Weather. The sprawling complex labeled "Mt. Weather Emergency Operations Center" is currently operated by FEMA. It is the primary communications hub for all emergency response operations in the United States. None of it is underground. It routes all communication during disaster response operations.

Now look to the bottom right of the image where I have marked for you the entrace to the Mount Weather Bunker.

The underground bunker was ordered by President Eisenhower and built between 1954-1958. This site was chosen due to the geological nature of the mountain. It is almost entirely composed of a very hard granite which provides extra protection to the bunker.

After 9/11/2001, a secondary security fence was added around this portion of the compound. The entrance building was also reinforced with concrete to keep the entrance secure in case a terrorist were to fly a plane into it.

The purpose of the bunker is to continue emergency operations and provide continuity of government in the event that the topside facilities can no longer be used. You will notice that the parking lot was designed to also serve as a helipad to bring in high level civilian and military personnel.

The blast door protecting the entrance to the facility is 10-feet high by 20-feet wide and approximately 5-feet thick. It weighs around 34 tons.

The underground bunker includes a hospital, crematorium, dining and recreation areas, sleeping quarters, reservoirs of drinking and cooling water, an emergency power plant, and a radio and television studio which is part of the Emergency Braodcasting System. A series of side-tunnels accomodate a total of 20 office buildings, some of which are three stories tall. The East Tunnel includes a computer complex for directing emergency simulations and operations through the Contingency Impact Analysis System (CIAS) and the Resource Interruption Monitoring System (RIMS).

The total cost to build the underground facility is somewhere around $1 billion. This includes upgrades to the facility installed in the 1960's and 1990's.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
And now its gone.....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

At least if you go by that.

But in all seriousness this just screams a Bioshockian potential for a video game of some sort!

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I don't think you should believe the FEMA camps conspiracy. The 2012 or incoming armageddon any time soon sounds like another of the many ends of the world so far, not that I want it. Same goes for depopulation or such too stretched conspiracies that are getting close to being crazy.

There is no doubt these facilities exist and that they were used in case of nuclear war. Other than serving as bunkers for people, starting from the elites, I dont see anything out of the ordinary.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
How does this have so few stars and flags?

It's fascinating and informative, and gives me lots of new questions to answer.

Brilliant work and highly entertaining.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I have been told that this isint a big place. But they are looking on expanding this.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Just spent a large amount of worktime reading through this, got sidetracked on some of the brilliant links and soforth..
I am not an American, but i saw one poster saying that it is disturbing that it is shown as a FEMA run compound..
Having watched too much Discovery, and sneaking around ATS alot, there should be no surprise that a government (The American one surely), would be sneaking something this big under your noses. As for the whole D.U.M.B thing actually..

However, a brilliant read! Have to spend my night finding old documentaries about various underground bases, doombells, shelters and whatnot.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

No, it's not. It's just west of Bluemont, VA at the intersection of RT 601 and RT 605.

goo.gl...

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
This place is real! I drove there today to finally see it for myself, took me about an hour to get there. i snapped a few quick pics from phone while in the car. I noticed a truck following me after I left the area. Crazy thing is there are nice houses right outside the complex area I was at.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Very cool article OP, Snf!

But next time... the Enter key is your friend.

As are paragraphs

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join