It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA Military test new robot guards

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
"One robot being tested is a Jeep-size, four-wheeled vehicle that has been equipped with radar, television cameras and an infrared scan to detect people, vehicles and other objects. It carries a breadbox-sized mini-robot that can be launched to search under vehicles, inside buildings and other small places."

"If you shoot the robot we don't care. We know you're there, you're hostile, and we can keep our forces in reserve to move tactically against the enemy. The robots will save our troops' lives,"

This could solve the attacks in iraq

Link

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   
No it cant unless these robot scouts are the size of a plate or smaller and are able to fly they wont sole nothing ok you see a jeep rolling down the street all you have to go is fire at it a couple of times there goes the scout robot its a waste of money.

[edit on 23-6-2004 by WestPoint23]

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
No it cant unless these robot scouts are the size of a plate or smaller and are able to fly they wont sole nothing ok you see a jeep rolling down the street all you have to go is fire at it a couple of times there goes the scout robot its a waste of money.

[edit on 23-6-2004 by WestPoint23]

Yes, but in doing this they show themselves to the scout, which would transmit information to troops waiting in reserve, effectivily saving troops lives as a robot is destroyed, not a human killed. The purpose of a scout is to find the enemy, not engage them.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I dont know about it being a waste.
I guess you could plate or bullet proof sensitive areas and use run flat tires.

Let the bad guys shoot at the scout while the operator sits in a trailer miles away, monitoring the scouts cameras and either call in a GPS/Lazer guided airstrike on the bad guys or just drive the scout right up to there front door and BOOM.

Detonate an expolsive on the scout!

And then flood a battle or gun fight with scouts and just over whelm the enemy with robot scout bombs.

I like the idea, just make it RPG and bullet proof and I think it could work!

john

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
i was hoping i would see something more like ED 209.

"you have 30 seconds to comply"

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Well pretty good robot. But it would be a lot better to have one like the terminator!! As for the Iraq thing...we would be wasting money to build these robots, an ship them to Iraq? Why not just get our troops home, and not have them die out there?

[edit on 23-6-2004 by AD5673]

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
although i agree that non human scouts are good they should be much smaller and airborne.

top topics

join