It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA discovers brand new force of nature

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

That was a nice video and I was wondering why the zoomed out view showed our universe to be in a weird looking exploding universe but I guess the representation blacked out unmapped areas of our universe and the universe I guess is still exploding outwards. However I did not see an answer as to why the probes are slowing down.

Could the unknown force be the result of expanding space itself? I remember from an Astronomy course I took that space itself is expanding but that is it is not expanding consistently everywhere. I believe it is expanding more slowly where space time is more concentrated around matter. That argument doesn't seem to be logical because the distance the spacecraft travels would increase and not decrease the farther away it got from the largest mass in the solar system. Maybe some theories are wrong. It will be interesting to find the answer.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ieatgummybearsasameal

do you think the sun has anyhting to do with it... it does give us everthing we know about physics/maths....disturbance in the suns core????

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Maybe the Sun possesses some strange property that actually attracts plastic or some other never before seen/heard of material these probes are being constructed of.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by CynicalM

i love this type of thread as i get to speculate and theorize about the universe

space is an expression of mass
space is altered by the presence of mass it causes the excitation and atraction of charged particals to clump closer together this has an interesting effect on moving objects it causes a charge to be produced around the thing doing the moving (voyager) this exterior feild aligns the particals in space in a positive negitive way parrallel to the travel of the object

when this voyager craft exits the feild created by the magnetic excitation eminating from the sun the particals are no longer clumped together and the aligning effect of the charged particals no longer has the strenght to keep the craft at its current speed

think of a boosting effect from the charged particals when they are close to each other allowing alignment and passage of voyager through the feild as voyager itself becomes a charged object

as the craft surface charge disapates it no longer aligns the charged particals for its benifet instead it encounters them in a random non polarised state that causes them to repell attract at different rates

ps
fear of phage shouldnt be a reson to think outside the box yes he is smart but that shouldnt stop you from having a go

Bacteriophages (phages) are viruses that infect bacteria. Typical phages have hollow heads
dictionary definition (i have respect for the guy) he seams nice to me anywhay and we can disagree or agree
asking phage is often the fastest way to find an answer but its good to try yourself

winks@phage

xploder

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

lol, firstly I mentioned I like some ATS experts to reply, no one in particular..

Your theory doesn't fit if you believe the article that states 4 probes in different locations are being effected exactly the same..star for theory though..

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

I had to reread what I wrote and it hit me that it sounded like I was saying I was afraid of Phage dissecting my idea. I actually meant "What would his theory about the OP be?" because the guy is wicked smart or else he's a Google prodigy! Besides, I've never really seen him be impolite to anyone so I'd have no reason to worry!

I wasn't afraid to take a stab. I'm a pretty bright and confident guy. But I'm also a realist and am aware that this kind of thing, while interesting to me, doesn't fall into the range of things I study or know much about. So I knew my guess would be pretty much a no-go. But that doesn't take the fun out of trying!

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   

ok then theory two

recently i heard that dacay rates of radioactive isotopes has changed and this leads me to think that the radioactive output is reletive to the suns electrical output
this output has lowered and is not chaging the magnetic feild enough and as a consiquence is not allowing a large enough charge to build up over the bodies of the satilites

any takers to this theory?

xploder

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
one more idea...the planets these probes were monitoring....maybe the gravitational force of these planets have weakened- magnetic pole shifts

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
The "Pioneer anomaly" has been studied with great interest for some time. It is not a recent discovery, it's been known about since 1980. The effect is so slight that it is not even really certain that it is there at all.

The Voyager spacecraft and Cassini probes do too much maneuvering for the data from them to be useful. Galileo and Ulysses were subject to too much radiation pressure from the Sun and had quirky attitude control systems. That data is no good either. Only the Pioneer data can be used. Last year the Planetary Society began working on the recovery and analysis of some early data from the Pioneer missions which should help to find out if something really is going on.
www.planetary.org...

There are some proposals for future missions to further examine the phenomenon which, if it turns out to actually be an unknown source of acceleration, would be an important discovery.

We have considered two plausible mission architectures for the exploration of the outer Solar System that may also be used to test the Pioneer anomaly. Firstly a class of low-mass low-thrust missions to Pluto, Neptune or Uranus. For this mission type the Pioneer anomaly investigation can be performed by radio-tracking of the exploration spacecraft. The other mission paradigm considered is that of a μ-spacecraft piggybacked on a large nuclearreactor-powered spacecraft sent to explore Jupiter or Saturn. The small spacecraft would be jettisoned from the mother spacecraft on the approach to its destination, would use the target planet of the mother spacecraft for a powered swingby, and subsequently performs the Pioneer anomaly investigation by radio tracking on a hyperbolic coast arc. Starting from a review of our knowledge of the effect, we have derived a set of minimal requirements for the spacecraft design and trajectory.

www.esa.int...

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by theAymen

as far as we understand, yes, maybe (another idea) perhaps the bend of space gravity changes as an object moves away from the solar system...i can imagine it as a ball moving up an invisible hill (gravitational hill?) but personally i don't think that the probe is slowing down...we are only perceiving the probe to be slowing down because the space time curvature is bent by the gravity of the sun. That being even if the signals from the probe are being bent giving it the appearance of slowing down

ahh darnit i wish i was smarter so can explain what my gut is telling me.

any smart guys out there?

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

im not in phages leage either but i like the idea he would correct not scold about free thinkers i myself always try to sound like an expert even when i lack the knowledge in the feild im commenting on

theory three

there is a force emitted from the sun in a range we cannot detect
this force is the opposite force to the frequencies that are emitted in the light, sound and others we can measure
this force is equal and opposite to the frequencies that are emitted and mass induces energy from this force and that induced energy trys to get back to the sun as a return path like a negitive current
as the sun is lack luster in producing this frequency return the path of lest resistance has some drag from the current returning to the sun

xploder

ps have a go its fun to speculate

link   
A force exists in the outer region of our solar system that causes gravity to repel rather than to attract. It is a force which balances the gravitational forces produced by the Sun and objects in our system.

The source of energy for this anti-gravitational force is the larger gravitational forces of the galaxy.

As we move from areas between the arms of the galaxy, we enter areas of electromagnetic repulsion. When we do, we are forced back into our own solar system. The areas of electromagnetic repulsion are powered by the winding of the arms of the galaxy.

link   
reply to post by Phage

A Pioneer Anomaly Update
By Slava G. Turyshev and Viktor T. Toth
February 9, 2009

Got anything a little more recent??

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER

ok then theory two

recently i heard that dacay rates of radioactive isotopes has changed and this leads me to think that the radioactive output is reletive to the suns electrical output
this output has lowered and is not chaging the magnetic feild enough and as a consiquence is not allowing a large enough charge to build up over the bodies of the satilites

xploder

yep.... the suns magnetic field is affecting our solar system..we are seeing the effect in lighter smaller materials made from magnetically conductive materials.

it is a constant because eveything within the suns field will become harmonic with it.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by theAymen

i very much enjoyed your insight
star for you on your thinking there buddy

xp

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

very interesting idea
got anymore info for me i like how you put that

xp

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Maybe it has something to do with the gravitational pull of the 10th Planet and/or the Dead Star.

For anyone that has never seen the above photo, it is a diagram that was in the 1987 Edition of New Science and Invention Encyclopedia. And if you look closely it clearly depicts a "Dead Star" at roughly 50 million miles distance and also shows the "10th Planet".

edit on 20-9-2010 by Sf18443 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott
A force exists in the outer region of our solar system that causes gravity to repel rather than to attract. It is a force which balances the gravitational forces produced by the Sun and objects in our system.

The source of energy for this anti-gravitational force is the larger gravitational forces of the galaxy.

As we move from areas between the arms of the galaxy, we enter areas of electromagnetic repulsion. When we do, we are forced back into our own solar system. The areas of electromagnetic repulsion are powered by the winding of the arms of the galaxy.

but they would not overwhelm the power the sun has on its own solar system.

surely we would see these effects you mention on the sun and the solar sytem as a whole.

u have two magnets stuck together.. if you introduce a larger magentic close by..BOTH magnets will be attracted universally.. it would not effect one and leave the other... so this anamomly has to be local to our sun within its field.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by theAymen

Originally posted by XPLodER

ok then theory two

xploder

yep.... the suns magnetic field is affecting our solar system..we are seeing the effect in lighter smaller materials made from magnetically conductive materials.

it is a constant because eveything within the suns field will become harmonic with it.

You should check out this article. It was one of the first articles that came to mind when I first read this thread.
news.discovery.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Sf18443

yes this artical explains what i was trying to say that the sun is emitting a partical that induces energy in mass and this induced energy creates a sympathetic feild around the craft
the feild aligns the charged particals (whos charge is also related to the mystery partical emition from the artical you linked) and provides a flow from negitive to positive like an ionic wind (not sure of terminollogy)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join