It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO'S spotted in Hong Kong Debunked 'allegedly'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   

"UFOs have been frequently sighted in Hong Kong recently. On Sept. 9 alone, UFOs were spotted five times. Two witnesses shot a unique flying saucer-shaped UFO capable of moving and a UFO with some lamps arranged in a circular pattern,"

Wang Sichao, a planetary astronomer from the Purple Hills Observatory under the Chinese Academy of Science (CAS), confirmed after one week of analysis that the UFO sightings were "ghost images" as a result of the reflection on camera lenses from the intense light emitted by outdoor circular lamps.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c847c7b86b01.jpeg[/atsimg]

Source

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

Franspeakfree.....

I saw this explanation somewhere else.....

I agree with the light explanation.....

In the other pictures I saw, the lights had been "dimmed down" a little & it was an exact match.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

edit on 15-9-2010 by Maybe...maybe not because: Clarification

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
When I first read this article and saw the photo I thought to myself 'about time', its about time we saw a clear photo of a saucer type craft. At that moment my gut was telling me that this was indeed a craft of some sort. Anyway I carried on reading the article only to find out that it could be a reflection of light as stated by the professor in China. So I thought to myself there is only one place I can get closure on this and that of course is here.on ATS.

There are a few problems that I am having problems dealing with, first of all isn't this the same professor that said it was going to take one year to analys the video footage of the UFO that closed the chinese airport? also why did the professor agree so quickly to go on the record so quickly. Lastly there have been an influx of UFO sightings in Hong Kong can they all be reflection of light? or is there more to it?

What is going on I wonder?

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

I did a search for it and couldn't find anything which forum is it on? if this is in the conspiracy forum like the other one I posted yesterday then I give up.

edit on 15-9-2010 by franspeakfree because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Post made in error & then removed by Maybe...maybe not

edit on 15-9-2010 by Maybe...maybe not because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
I thought it was in this forum.

I have looked throught this forum and either its pushed to the bottom or I am blind, admittedly I have had a hard day at work
if its not in this forum I will be

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Post made in error & then removed by Maybe...maybe not

edit on 15-9-2010 by Maybe...maybe not because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
www.alien-ufos.com...

It's a reflection of the light - the examples at the link above and other images of those streetlamps verify that the shape is exactly correct. This kind of double image is well known to anyone who shoots time exposures at night. You quickly learn to remove any uv filters.. But many cameras have filters and flat glass covers built in, so the effect may be unavoidable.

Eg,

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Only accept 12 lights around the sides for a true air ship of unknown earth origin.
This is accepted for 90 degree flight or other angles.
I figure the Triangle craft is still a saucer inside because why disable the
capability.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

hey buddy

i saw this photo a couple a days ago and there are alot more photos around from different perspectives this is a good one to have a look at as more than one photographer has posted online

ps saw this and thought of you

there are more photos to this one and you should see them

ill have a look for ya

xp

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Thanks XPLodER!

I'm not exactly sure what I'll do with it, but I reckon I'll think of something!

Cheers mate
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   

I'm not exactly sure what I'll do with it, but I reckon I'll think of something!

Offtopic - hey, isn't that a line from 2001...? (the ACC novel, not the movie)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHRLZ

G'day CHRLZ!

I dunno.....

I can't recall that quotation.....I shall "Google"!

Cheers mate
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHRLZ

G'day CHRLZ!

I dunno.....

I can't recall that quotation.....I shall "Google"!

Allow me to simply reach back to my bookshelf, where 2001 sits next to my illustrated copy of Sagan's Cosmos (the two finest books ever written), and laboriously type it for you:

Then he waited, marshalling his thoughts and brooding over his still untested powers. For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next. But he would think of something.

Those are in fact the last 3 sentences of the book.

From 2001: A Space Odyssey, Arthur C Clarke, Copyright 1968 Arthur C Clarke and Polaris Productions Inc.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by CHRLZ

CHRLZ.....

Just brilliant stuff.....you've inspired me to read it again!

Cheers mate
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
So, this is the same Wang Sichao who recently said "he believes extraterrestrial beings do exist and their UFOs have the ability to visit our earth". We are taking Mr. Sichao's analysis as fact now, right?

english.peopledaily.com.cn...

T.

top topics

join