It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hyperinflation to develop within HOURS and foreseen to occur within 6 to 9 months

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
This easy-to-understand article opened my eyes to the fact that inflation (the imbalance of demand/money chasing limited supplies & raising prices) is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from hyperinflation, which is the collapse of a currency brought about by a panic in the bond market, which the Fed has been precariously stoking for 2 years now. It also explains how simply and easily this can occur and the exact domino-to-domino sequence of events that will take place.

ZERO HEDGE "HOW HYPERINFLATION WILL HAPPEN" ARTICLE

Then, I see where John Williams of Shadowstats.com has made an actual forecast that hyperinflation WILL most likely occur within the next six to twelve months! Now, for those of you who don't know who he is, he's a brilliant analyst that uses the REAL economic and financial data - not the fudged, cook-book numbers spewed by our lying government. He's one who saw the housing crash coming.

ZH'S JOHN WILLIAMS ARTICLE

Putting these articles together it's quite obvious we're at serious risk here. John Williams is extremely credible as he's usually not one to put an actual date to any prediction or forecast. However, I think since he's actually put a timeline out there, we should pay close attention.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
i read the article... and i have also studied what happened in argentina a few years back...they went through the same thing. i read about one argentine man that said the "currency" at the depth of the crisis vwas none other than small pieces of silver. it came in the form of coins, small rings, bracelets, etc. that the regular people could use to buy food, and small necessities that are used day to day.
i myself have been buying up silver dimes, and quarters and any type of silver that i can find.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
There's an old adage: if you laid 5 economist end to end, they'd point in 5 different directions.

I've started paying attention to this type of talk since the mid 1970's. I've read many books on this subject over the years and we seemed to survive them all, including the Y2K disaster.

The only thing I really know is that the guys who peddle this crap all seem to make money off the fear of others.

His basis is not too sound for the reason hyperinflation starts. I'm much more concerned about debt payments 1 to 3 years out.

edit on 14-9-2010 by hinky because: Because I'm ignorant about the preview button.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockerchic4God

I found this call pretty dubious until the BOJ decided to interevene in the market.

Now both the Fed and ECB will need to respond. The EUR has gone right back up to 1.30 and Bernanke seems to have little choice but to engage in QE2.

Looks like everyone is in a race to the bottom. But beggar thy neighbour is going to come into play. And I suspect it may end being resolved in the bond markets with a big sale of UST.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I just hope I can scrounge up enough money for ammo before money is worthless.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Money is backed by oil. "Black Gold".

Oil will not be worthless anytime soon.

So don't panic. The market is far more stable than anyone gives it credit for.

When the oil runs out, then you can start your panic.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Some other posts portray John Williams as an opportunist and gold promoter. What better strategy than to present the "facts" as he has done to up his take. Don't get me wrong I agree in part with some if it I'm just trying to look a bit past what he has previously mentioned and now this article. The BoJ situation is very interesting and it certainly would appear that QE2 is coming up fast. If that happens then presumably the us dollar further devalues and precious metals would gain, but I could be and probably am wrong.

Regardless I purchased 20lbs of silver today, nothing like physical for a rainy day.

brill

edit on 15-9-2010 by brill because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockerchic4God

There would have to be one hell of a Sovereign debt explosion for the US to ever see "Hyperinflation" and if it were to occur, seriously, it would be the least of your worries.

Now there is a lot of logic actually behind the 6-9 month range.. many Governments in Europe who cannot monetize their own debts have established budgets that will run low, or out entirely, within this time frame.. if tax receipts continue decline, then there will be some serious consequences. Not to mention cutting government funding is going to CRUSH global economies when their new budgets roll out.

The likelihood of a major hyperinflation scenario is, imo, unlikely.. and honestly, if it were to occur, I personally believe it would be relative to other key currencies (IE, if we go down, everyone goes down) thus the only "safe haven" is in metals. Gold. Silver. Etc.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockerchic4God
ZERO HEDGE "HOW HYPERINFLATION WILL HAPPEN" ARTICLE

I think the following quote from this article is important:

This is something hyperinflationist-skeptics never quite seem to grasp: In hyperinflation, asset prices don’t skyrocket—they collapse, both nominally and in relation to consumable commodities. A $300,000 house falls to $60,000 or
less . . .

new topics

top topics

join