It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Operation Mannequin???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Recently
ive obtained
documents of
which i have not
a single idea as to
what they could be
about. i come here to
ATS to see if there is a
lad out there willing to give
me a hand on helping me
find out what this might
be. it looks like a log.
the words used are
obviously some
sort of code.
For many
purposes,
I will not and
cannot say where
or how, or when these
documents fell into
my posession.The
fact of the matter
is that they did
not do so by
coincidence.
All I seek
is a little
bit of
help.

OPERATIONS BOARD: OPERATION MANNEQUIN 26/03/05
From Staff Sergeant A Frederick 00:20 27/03
Press speculation mainly contained. Simple truth acknowledgement and standard position maintained. Statements based around substantive elements – Shop dummies were animated and casualties occurred, London Eye did glow with a halo. Position news agenda towards emphasis on casualties, homeland security etc.

Demphasise exact nature of threat and potency of clear-up. Do we focus efforts on removing footage from the net?
From Lt David Judd 01:03 27/03
Common video files containing video footage of the event now identified, and a bandwidth squeeze placed on downloads of them. Standard interference patterns run across satellite retransmission of footage.

Advantageously, global communication interrupted anyway due to the signal beamed from the London Eye. The pulse wasn’t just an activation trigger, but also sent out a cross-frequency jamming wave (why? Is the Consciousness vulnerable to certain radio signals?).

Mobile telephony appears to have worked in the area, initially, but luckily sank swiftly under weight of calls.

Very few cameras were working, and failed to capture as much footage as we could have feared.
From Capt Panos Karpidas 02:03 27/03
Careful, casual debriefing of those affected hasn’t proved possible. Too many casualties, too widespread, I’m afraid. I’m hoping to minimize exposure through general misinformation and exaggeration.

Field operatives already calling Radio Phone-Ins and bombarding websites with their stories – common themes are that the mannequins talked, that waxworks were included in the assault, etc.

Launching simultaneous spread of operatives claiming that nothing happened in their area. Advised operatives to stay away from linking incident to genuine terrorist threat.
From Sgt Catherine Petts 06:03 27/03
Clear-up going well, and we’re enjoying an early breakfast and some strong, sweet tea. Who’d have thought scraping plastic off the pavement would be so damn hard?

It’s all gone remarkable well. Triage of casualties in my area arranged speedily and as follows:
- Shock, Grief, Disorientation (Common) 247
- Conventional Wounds (eg Glass cuts, burns) 583
- Unconventional Wounds: Non-Fatal (eg Internal burns) 26
- Unconventional Fatalities 430?

Problem with the latter statistic caused by impact/implosion nature of mannequin fire. Currently forced to rely on trace residuals, or eye witness statements.

It has made the clean up considerably easier, though. But the smell of burning plastic is a shocker!
From Staff Sergeant A Frederick 06:20 27/03
Trying to seed the following theory with the press. Probably more chance of a broadsheet science correspondent taking it. But little chance of anyone swallowing it, I’m afraid.

“The incident was caused by a batch of faulty plastic used in the manufacture of display dummies, combined with a gas main explosion. During manufacture, it seems that bubbles formed within the dummies. When exposed to high temperatures during and after the explosion, expansion of air within them caused them to distort and twist in a way that already panicked observers interpreted as movement.”

Ta-da!

Thats it.
If there is
anybody out
there who has
any clue on just
what this might be.
you know where
to find The
Drunken
Cow.

Oh
for the
record im
new so this
could be in
the wrong
place.
Im
new
by the
way,

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
It sounds like part of a plot for a twilight zone episode. That line about unconventional injuries and internal burns suggests some sort of exotic energy weapon. I'm going to keep my eye on this thread.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
How more people were burned than shocked over the incident is puzzling, unless it's a confined area and it happened close to everyone.

I don't get it though, why would they talk like this on the internet or over a computer in the first place?

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I found where this came from. And here is a snippet from their posted disclaimer.

This is a fictional website created for the new series of Doctor Who. It has nothing to do with the real United Nations. We apologise for any inconvenience caused if you thought this was a real website dedicated to fighting off alien invasions. Aliens do not exist. We certainly don't work for them. If you would like to learn more about Doctor Who please click here.

Source

ETA: Direct link to the original text in the OP here.

edit on 9/10/10 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Drunken Cow
I will not and
cannot say where
or how, or when these
documents fell into
my posession.

You got them from here www.unit.org.uk...

Ever heard of Doctor Who?

edit on 10/9/10 by dereks because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
A Google search led me here:

www.unit.org.uk...

Which then led me here:

www.unit.org.uk...

Where I find this disclaimer:

This is a fictional website created for the new series of Doctor Who. It has nothing to do with the real United Nations. We apologise for any inconvenience caused if you thought this was a real website dedicated to fighting off alien invasions. Aliens do not exist. We certainly don't work for them. If you would like to learn more about Doctor Who please click here.

Edit: Crap, too slow.

edit on 10-9-2010 by jokerzwild because: beaten to the punch.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
More like Operation Bull****!
Busted in record time!
Since you are new, I'll give you some advice:
HOAXES are a no no!

new topics

top topics

join