It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So You Wanna Fight? ATS Debate Tournament (Tournament Update)

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Very much luck, Semper. And very much thanks for what you do!

Please stay safe.
edit on 10/4/10 by jennybee35 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis

ATTENTION PLEASE

If you do not have FIGHTER Status, send me a U2U so that I may assign that to you.

Without Fighter Status you can not post in the Debate Forum..

Semper

Dude, what the hell is fighter status? sorry if I wasn't paying attention somewhere along the line

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by The Djin

The title you need to debate in the Debate Forum.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Stay Safe and good luck with what you are doing Semper.

Thanks for what you do,
John

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

If you do not have FIGHTER Status, send me a U2U

I sent a U2U two days ago, but myself and several others are still missing fighter tags. For example, I see myself and Esoteric Teacher both listed as status "member" and airspoon as status "writer" but none of us have fighter tags. Curiously, I've yet to see a fighter tag on anybody who doesn't also have another tag to go with it. For example, budski and whatukno both both up as "Writer-Fighter".

Are tags not showing properly, or have half of us just not received them yet?

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
If anyone confirmed needs the title, u2u me tonight. I'll add it immediately.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by chissler

I don't know how to check?

I don't see anything on my avatar that says "fighter." Where should I look?

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

If you have Fighter status, you'll have the "Fighter" title under your user name and any subtitles (see under my name for an example). Otherwise, it sounds like you should u2u chissler and he'll set you up in time for the tournament.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket
For example, I see myself and Esoteric Teacher both listed as status "member" and airspoon as status "writer" but none of us have fighter tags.

Due to deployments and life issues I took a leave of absence from ATS during most of 07, and part of 08-09. I used to hold the titles of writer & scholar, but since my return have not had them, not sure how I lost them other than my extended absence. I have never held the title fighter, and have just today u2u'd Semper about it. I know Semper has "stuff" that real life issues has him dealing with. I'm sure it will be fixed before we begin.

I can't imagine us getting disqualified due to not being able to post in the forum
That would be fun to debate the pro and con positions about

No worries.

Have I won the tournament yet?

-ET
edit on 4-10-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because: Are you reading these words? Good. I put these words here for a reason. Thank you for your time, that is all.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

Thank You!

I U2Ud Chissler.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Everyone who asked should have it. I've added "Fighter" to each person who u2u'd me as of the time I submitted this post. The members I added are as follows: Esoteric Teacher, airspoon, getreadyalready, nosred, Pinke, saltheart foamfollower.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by chissler

Thanks Chissler. So when do we expect this to begin?
Also, can we expect a u2u message letting us know it has begun or do we check the forum or this thread daily?

Thanks,
ET

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Awww man.... I missed the post telling me I needed to confirm. Good Luck to all of you that actually saw it.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

Not sure yet. semper is our man on duty and I'm certain he'll have this rolling as quick as we possibly can.

Our debaters are some of our finest members and the benefit of the doubt is usually offered. And as much as some of us may think it takes with time and effort to run one of these tournaments, I assure you that it is much, much, much more than that.

Creating brackets, contacting and assigning judges, creating and assigning topics, ensuring that each debate is following the rules, etc. And if you're sitting there thinking that we've stalled before we've begun, quite the contrary. Our team of trusting staff that is doing the work behind the scenes is likely only getting all the prep work done ahead of times to ensure that once the tournament does begin, it is a smooth process.

As a participant, you're one contribution is to give it your absolutely best and please, do everything you can to avoid from forfeiting! These truly put a damper on the whole process.

Win or lose, finishing a debate is a great feeling.

I've been looking into some of the competitors for this tournament and we've got a very deep tournament.
edit on 10-4-2010 by chissler because: spelling.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

Not sure yet. semper is our man on duty and I'm certain he'll have this rolling as quick as we possibly can.

Copy that Chissler, thank you for the prompt response. I am certain Semper is on top of this, and know what his obligations and responsibilities are. I am aware he currently has something of importance going on

Our debaters are some of our finest members and the benefit of the doubt is usually offered.

I've taken the liberty of (gulp) noticing Ozweather is next to mine in the current list. Regardless of who the first match is with, I have absolute resolution to apply myself aptly enough to ensure I do all I can to win at least one debate
And, I am sure to learn at least one thing along the way

And as much as some of us may think it takes with time and effort to run one of these tournaments, I assure you that it is much, much, much more than that.

Of this I have no doubts

Creating brackets, contacting and assigning judges, creating and assigning topics, ensuring that each debate is following the rules, etc. And if you're sitting there thinking that we've stalled before we've begun, quite the contrary. Our team of trusting staff that is doing the work behind the scenes is likely only getting all the prep work done ahead of times to ensure that once the tournament does begin, it is a smooth process.

I am 100% sure your process has evolved and become better and better over the years of refinement. Thank you for explaining a few things, much appreciated.

As a participant, you're one contribution is to give it your absolutely best and please, do everything you can to avoid from forfeiting! These truly put a damper on the whole process.

Win or lose, finishing a debate is a great feeling.

I will do all I can to keep my posts informative, within the rules, funny and entertaining, while enjoying myself and keep the objectives in mind. As long as my opponents do all they can to school the "teacher", I'll be happy to learn some new things. I'm a little eager, and looking forward to it.

I've been looking into some of the competitors for this tournament and we've got a very deep tournament.

Now I'm drooling on my laptap.

This is going to be fun
Happy Happy Joy Joy.
Every 24 hours, & Please don't be late
To make your post for this here debate
Don't bring too much attitude and hate
Don't edit your post after you did create
some malformed logic, accept your fate

ET

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Gosh, we leave for a camping trip this thursday! I will of course find a way to log in every day at some point, but do you think the debates will start before Sunday? I hope not. I don't wanna miss anything!

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Looking forward to it.

If there's anyway I can help with the organization and such like let me know - I'm sure other people feel the same way.

Though I'm sure there isn't much we can do to help when we're taking part.

Good luck all.

(Except for persons against me of course)

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Everyone who u2u'd me on this last round has just been awarded the status of Fighter. The members I've added are as follows: Romantic_Rebel, jennybee35, operation mindcrime, LordBucket, hotbakedtater.

Anyone else, just let me know.

I will only add those that are on the confirmed list that semper has posted in this thread.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Alright guys,

Not to be too impatient or anything, but I've U2U'd semper and chissler about getting "Fighter" status and not had nothing back yet... don't want to miss the debate!

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

Hang tight. If you're on the list, you're good.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join