It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So You Wanna Fight? ATS Debate Tournament (Tournament Update)

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Okay, when does it start?

Also, have you decided on my handicap?

I suppose I could post like every third word or something.

Every fourth if you really wanted to make it fair.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
May I remind you, that when you are going to call yourself perfect, and claim you will beat everyone, you may want to spell check your posts first

The correct spelling is loser

Good luck mate

You say tomato, I say tomahto.....

I was talking about intellectual perfection, you can enter the spelling tournament if grammar is your thing.....

But you are correct though, spelling will be one of my biggest challenges. Try to bear with me....

uhhh....beer with me?? Bair with me?? Bare with me.....

Good luck!!

Peace

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime

But you are correct though, spelling will be one of my biggest challenges. Try to bear with me....

uhhh....beer with me?? Bair with me?? Bare with me.....

Good luck!!

Peace

Did you say beer?

My one weakness. There are a few people who know of a certain incident last year which impaired my judgement on ATS. Much beer was involved

Oh, and spelling isnt marked down in debates, unless the judges have no idea what you are saying

edit on 30/9/2010 by OzWeatherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Remember, there's no such thing as a looser.... There's me and 15 people slightly less perfect.....

Peace

May I remind you, that when you are going to call yourself perfect, and claim you will beat everyone, you may want to spell check your posts first

The correct spelling is loser

Actually, operation mindcrime was right. "Remember, there's no such thing as a looser"

and according to Merriam-Webster, there is no such thing as a looser

beer ... I have a few cold beers in the fridge.... don't drink often, but I think I might drink one now....

don't drink & post,
ET

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
You know, this is already fun and it hasn't even started yet.

edit on 30-9-2010 by westcoast because: um...because I am not a master yet

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
Also, have you decided on my handicap?

saltheart foamfollower,

Your handicap will be the consumption of 24 standard 0,33L bottles of beer before each post..... Choice of brand may depend on personal preference but should contain no less than 5% alcohol.

Good luck!!!

Peace

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
Actually, operation mindcrime was right. "Remember, there's no such thing as a looser"

Well I'll be ....

Hey Oz!! Did you see this?? I was correct!!

Thanks E.T.,I shall not forget you in my victory speech..

(Glad to see you finally have your flag-issue sorted out.
)

Peace

edit on 30-9-2010 by operation mindcrime because: I was reading what I just typed and I should have probably taken a few more seconds to go over it before posting becasue the general layout of the post design was not according to my initial idea that I had with this post. So I took the liberty of correcting a few things...... Sheesh, how long can you actually make these edit-reason lines??

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Thanks E.T.,I shall not forget you in my victory speech..

Gosh darn polite of ya, if you don't mind me saying.

(Glad to see you finally have your flag-issue sorted out.
)

I was away on business (deployments) for most of 07-09 and missed a first few years of flags, which was part of the glitch me thinks. But, now my flag counter seems to be working
yay me.

really nice edit by the way.

And, hey, that "Rant On Me" in your signature sent me to a 404 message

ET

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
And, hey, that "Rant On Me" in your signature sent me to a 404 message

Thanks for the tip E.T.,

Apparently TPTB keeps moving the site in an attempt to silence me. It should work now but I don't know for how long....

Peace

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
My debating tactics?

Sure, I don't mind sharing.

First:
Prepared opening statement. (check)
Prepared format. (check)
prepared moc-up debate sentences with fill in the blanks. (check)
powerwords and illusive gray ops stance incorporated. (check)
Subliminal texts embedded and predetermined for optimal results. (check)

First hour of 24 hours:
Review opponents posting styles. Determine Pre-existing embedded psychological associations that can be used to elicit and invoke targetted neural stimulation of emotional responses to induce non-rational uncritical non-thinking skills.

Second hour of 24 hours:
Isolate any threads and posts member has made concerning debate topic chosen. Cut and paste to a word document. Skimming over what I am cutting and pasting. When I have gathered what I can, I shall study it. Read it through a few times, perhaps.

Third hour:
I'll read up on stuff from sources and from places. Whether I am very familiar with the subject, or not. isolate key points that are critical to my projected win, work to identify, undermine, and usurp opponents key points.

Fourth hour:
I will take Fido for a walk. There is real nice bike trail through the woods that leads to a park
with ducks and geese, with four soccer fields and with the leaves turning
it will surely be a nice view, with the young hotties jogging, or the old couple walking early or
late in the evening, there are always people on the trail. Often there are deer and other wildlife
lounging around in the field or off the path in the woods. Fido often
whines if he doesn't get to hike up his leg on everything and pretend like he
is marking his territory, even though his bladder is often very empty. I'm
not one to say no to Fido and his walks. He is a boston-french terrier and has a lot of attitude.

Fifth hour:
Create focussed targetted rough draft containing recalcitrant Magniloquence resembling near Pulitzer material.

Sixth hour:
Eat, take a bubble bath with candles and listen to either punk rock or country playing on the radio, pick my nose, and smoke a cigar while I paint my toe nails and nibble on doggy biscuits (to help me get in the zone).

Seventh hour:
Think about something, read the new threads.

Eight hour:
Take a nap.

Ninth hour:
I'm still sleeping.

Tenth hour:
Have a nightmare that I missed the deadline to post and was disqualified, I wake shiverring in a pool of sweat, my cold pillow drenched and Fido licking my face.

Eleventh hour:
Tweek a few thoughts, re-read what I have written, do some spell checking.

Twelfth hour:
Ah, who am I kidding, I'm going to put on my thinking cap with built in B.S. detection device and apply myself....

This will be fun ...

I hope we are having fun, I know I am

What? Too much information?

-ET

edit on 30-9-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because: to fix me grammar

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

Hey,Teach! I'm impressed with your tactics. I have got to try to incorporate some of your style into my repertoire! Wish me massive amounts of luck and B.S. detection, wouldja?!

ETA: Yes, it is already fun, if terrifying!

edit on 9/30/10 by jennybee35 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
You know, I didn't really edit that post 3 times! Each time I tried to edit post and come back to thread, I got a 404! Crazzzzzy!

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jennybee35
You know, I didn't really edit that post 3 times! Each time I tried to edit post and come back to thread, I got a 404! Crazzzzzy!

Sure...

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

Smart-alec!!

I guess I'd better be glad it didn't post the whole reply 3 times!

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Smart-alec!!

I guess I'd better be glad it didn't post the whole reply 3 times!

You'll think so if we meet in the debate

Only joking, I'm not blowing my own trumpet, never done one of the debates before myself so I'm a little intrigued to say the least...

With regards to the repeat posting thing, the sites being weird at the minute with all the changes so probably has something to do with that

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

I'm trying to play catch-up on the debates rite now! I am absolutely nervous. Really. Have to take care of that before the debates begin, or I'll just be chewed up and spit out, I'm sure.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

I'm sure you'll be fine, I wouldn't worry about it; just do the best you can. You never know you might surprise yourself! That's the mentality I'm adopting anyway, it should be healthy competition and a chance to learn a few new things in the process.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Yes, I fully intend on having a humdinger of a time! It will be a huge challenge, but I do LOVE a good debate! I'm very much looking forward to earning my "fighter" status!

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Yes, I fully intend on having a humdinger of a time! It will be a huge challenge, but I do LOVE a good debate! I'm very much looking forward to earning my "fighter" status!

Best of luck to you
(unless we meet
)

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Double Post...

edit on Thu, 30 Sep 2010 18:15:25 -0500 by MemoryShock because: Redunancy...

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join