It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 US Soldiers Killed, 9 Wounded in Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Article

Two American soldiers have been killed and nine wounded after a gunman in Iraqi army uniform attacked them at an Iraqi base, US officials said.

"Initial reports indicate 11 US soldiers were engaged with small arms fire, killing two and wounding nine," the military said.

They were the first American soldiers killed since US forces formally ended combat operations in Iraq a week ago, more than seven years after the invasion that ousted dictator Saddam Hussein.

The gunfight resulted from an argument between an Iraqi soldier and US personnel during a training session run by the Americans, according to Iraqi police and military sources.

And the president said combat operations were over. They just changed the name.

I doubt Iraq will be stable anytime soon. The place will be a mess for a long time.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
God bless there family's. Combat operations over? Now there just going to sit and wait on the enemy. Instead of searching them out.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

I heard a news report on BBC Radio 4 about this, it was maybe 3-4 days ago, I waited for the next report on the hour to see if there where more details but the story was not repeated.

I will say though that the report made it sound like it was full on attack on a Military Base, and the Army had to fight hard to fend them off, now its saying it was just an argument that went bad? that was why it caught my attention, I even mentioned it in a post I made several days ago, and I cant remember which thread I posted it in.

I even looked for it online but found nothing, probably not important, but what I am witnessing here seems like a play down from something bigger, maybe they got it wrong, but that does not explain why the story was dropped.

Anyone else find that at least a little bit fishy?

new topics

join