It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

whats your favorite pistol?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by p51mustang

I don't really like pistols,I prefer revolvers.
With a revolver,you don't leave any brass
lying around.

I also agree revolvers are better but for diff reasons:
1) Safty is not needed as you will never be able to pull the trigger on accident.
2) In-groove iron sights.
3) No need to cycle a round into the chamber to shoot.
4) No clip is a cleaner feed that is more reliable and never jams or has bent lips that release rounds freely.
5) Perfect for accuracy with the hammer cocked.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Laid my hands on a 45-70 revolver once and that was one serious piece of hardware. The cylinder was the size of a coke can and it must have weighed 5lbs. Never fired it, but I have to say it was impressive and one of my favorites. The fact that it produces as much energy as a 12ga from the barrel intimidated me a bit.

Overall favorite has to be my Glock 17. Reliable, easy to shoot, lg capacity, 30rd clips are available. If I could lay my hands on a glock stock, now that would be cool. It's my plinker, not my goto battle side arm. That would have to be my XD .45

Next purchase however is going to be a Judge. .45 long colt/.410 shotgun combo. Snakes beware and I hate snakes.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I'm going to have to disregard my sig 239 and springfield xd for this one. I'll have to add the classic lines and beauty of the Colt Single Action Army/Peacemaker. The gun is legendary and has been built in so many classic variations and calibers.

Go Peacemaker!! She is a sexy revolver!!

edit on 10-9-2010 by jibeho because: clarity

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
i like 9mms.. i used to have a real nice makarov, it was small enough to easily conceal but it only held 7 bullets 8 if you wanted to keep one in the chamber. it was cheap too something like 150 or 200? i'm not picky about handguns a lot of people say jennings and hi point are junk but if you keep any gun in good shape and clean it regularly it won't give you any problems. i've shot hundreds of rounds through a jennings .380 and a hi point 9mm and .40 cal and had very little problems. now rifles, that is where it gets interesting..

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by p51mustang

yes. it's a water pistol.

what?

i answered the question,
et

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2weird2live2rare2die
i like 9mms.. i used to have a real nice makarov, it was small enough to easily conceal but it only held 7 bullets 8 if you wanted to keep one in the chamber. it was cheap too something like 150 or 200? i'm not picky about handguns a lot of people say jennings and hi point are junk but if you keep any gun in good shape and clean it regularly it won't give you any problems. i've shot hundreds of rounds through a jennings .380 and a hi point 9mm and .40 cal and had very little problems. now rifles, that is where it gets interesting..

Yea I am more a rifle man myself, love my new Savage 12 F/TR .308.

30 inch barrel "50inch total" and its about 13lbs, thick barrell!

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
ok....

Pricetag: $1,000,000.00+

The Luger, more correctly known as the Parabellum-Pistole, is a semi-automatic pistol design patented by Georg Luger in 1898 and manufactured by DWM (Deutsche Waffen- und Munitionsfabriken Aktien-Gesellschaft) in 1900. Originally designed for 7.65x22mm Parabellum cartridges, US Army trials in 1906 demanded a semi-automatic pistol with a larger caliber. DWM’s submission, a Luger adapted to .45 ACP rounds, has since become the most expensive handgun in the world.

Most recently, the world’s most expensive handguns have been valued in excess of $1 million.
Most Expensive Handgun in the World

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
colt walker 44 cap and ball!!! make smoke with big boom and hole, for auto 19111 colt 45 acp, for modern desert eagle 44 auto, model DE44, round, 44 rem mag, here's lead in your in your hand!

edit on 10-9-2010 by bekod because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

When filled with "skunk" cover scent...that gun can and is a good thing....the person on the recieving end...can't see or breath!

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by p51mustang
i'm fond of them and i suppose many of you are to.
toss in a story of how being armed served you well.

Colt 1911

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by robbinsj

yeah .308 is a pretty good round, but the 7.62 is my personal favorite. the good thing about a .308 is that you can easily hit a man sized target at four or five hundred yards. i've seen some assault rifles in that caliber which hold twenty or thirty rounds, thats a whole lot of power. wish i could own an automatic one.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Im partial to my Glock 30. I also like my SCCY 9mm for when concealment is needed. My Glock is ALWAYS in my car if Im in there.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I've got a cheap Taurus 24/7 in .40 cal that I really enjoy.

I like it even better when I outshoot garbage talking morons that have much more expensive and "fashionable" firearms.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
www.eliotrbrown.com...

my first comic book had the Punisher blasting two CALICO' s.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Glock 17; 9mm loaded with Buffalo Bore at a whopping 500 ft lbs energy (the only commercial ammo this hot alternating with Extreme Shock Fang Face; Normal mags hold 17 rounds. I've bought several additional supermags holding 31 rounds each...major fire power but unwieldy.
Overall, Super reliable, hot loaded fire power and very very accurate out to 40 yards.
This is my legally concealed carry gun, carried in a vest with two mag pouches on the alternate side.
My back up, on a ankle holster, is a stainless steel AMT BackUP in 9mm, also loaded with 500 ft lb Buffalo Bore;
Make my day!!!!!

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
My only pistol/revolver is a Taurus Model 66 .357 magnum 4" barrel 6-shot. Dependable, versatile (.38 or .357 magnum), easy to maintain, and accurate enough for home defense.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerbyCityLights
Im partial to my Glock 30. I also like my SCCY 9mm for when concealment is needed. My Glock is ALWAYS in my car if Im in there.

LOL - that works in Arizona and a few other states.

Don't forget and try to drive in to California.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
i had a taurus 66 stainless- great gun.
the cz-82 makarov is a 12 shot auto.
i think i'm going to try one.
keltech p30 -22 mag is cool.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by 2weird2live2rare2die

The .308 and the 7.62 rounds are nearly identical, assuming you mean the 7.62x51... Most of this ammo sold commercially in the US is simply labeled as "7.62mm" . the 7.62x54 and and 7.62x39 rounds are a bit different, and both Russian.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Would have to be this devastating weopon right here:

Nothing beats a good water PISTOL

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join