It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netanyahu calls on Abbas not to give up on peace talks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Netanyahu calls on Abbas not to give up on peace talks

www.jpost.com

Following newspaper report in which PA president threatens to leave talks if pressured, prime minister says agreement can be reached through negotiations.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I respect Abbas for sticking to his guns and not letting himself be pressured in these negotiations. I'm sure Washington and Israel were pushing him to make a decision he did not agree with. I hope Abbbas will stick by the Palestinian people and not give up on these negotiations until there is peace and security for ALL Palestinian's, the same level of security the Israeli people have (maybe 2 patriot missile systems for WestB, and Gaza /lol).

www.jpost.com

www.haaretz.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 6-9-2010 by BiGGz]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Netanyahoo is disgusting!!!

I hate his slick talking, the most hawkish of oppressors trying to sell a diplomatic image.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I've watched and listened to his speeches and I feel as if they are all scripted and none of it is truly from his heart. He is saying he will go all the way for peace this time.

Remember the Oslo Accords?

In a 2001 video, Netanyahu, reportedly unaware he was being recorded, said: "They asked me before the election if I'd honor [the Oslo accords]... I said I would, but [that] I'm going to interpret the accords in such a way that would allow me to put an end to this galloping forward to the '67 borders. How did we do it? Nobody said what defined military zones were. Defined military zones are security zones; as far as I'm concerned, the entire Jordan Valley is a defined military zone. Go argue."[15][16] Netanyahu then explained how he conditioned his signing of the 1997 Hebron agreement on American consent that there be no withdrawals from "specified military locations," and insisted he be allowed to specify which areas constituted a "military location" - such as the whole of the Jordan Valley. "Why is that important? Because from that moment on I stopped the Oslo Accords," Netanyahu affirmed.

LINK: en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 6-9-2010 by BiGGz]

top topics

join