It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brazil formalizes UFO sightings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Brazil oficializes a procedure so that every UFO sighting by Air Force or Civil Aviation staff, should be reported to the Air Force Command, and then will be available for general public.

Very interesting stuff, its in Spanish, i'll translate via Google some parts, and each one of you should translate it too, it worth the reading.

Source:Source

Through a decree law published in the official journal of Brazil on 10 August, the Brazilian government decided that all staff of the Air Force and civil aviation, to report occurrences of unidentified flying objects (UFOs). The decision is made on behalf of national security and applies to the entire Brazilian territory

This is the first time in the world that a country regulates a formal procedure to this issue, always treated confidentially

the goal is "to provide society with access to the documentation that is recorded in the aviation industry."

"Internally, there are stories of ministers and even a president who saw a UFO," said a civil air traffic controller who works in Rio de Janeiro.

According to the president of the Brazilian Centre for Research on flying saucers, Ademar José Gevaerd ufologist, the decree was a surprise because it is a form of government to recognize the existence of the phenomenon. "With the decision on Tuesday, August 10, Brazil takes a stance leadership in the world

I hope new horizons will open with this little new step from Brazil.

Wish you all the best.

P.B.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by polar
Brazil oficializes a procedure so that every UFO sighting by Air Force or Civil Aviation staff, should be reported to the Air Force Command, and then will be available for general public.

It would be better if you provide some brazilian source i think.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
well, why shouldnt they..
Just because an object is unidentyfied it doesnt mean its a threat.
A UFO is a UFO untill its IDENTYFIED..
BUT, if the gvmt come to the conclusion its ALIEN, it WILL
be treated as such..AND become NATIONAL SECURITY ISSUE.
And thus be CLASSIFIED SECRET......
As long as they CANT identify it should be public...

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Miccey

I agree with you, but this is indeed something new...

It would be better if you provide some brazilian source i think.

I'm sorry couldn't provide it, since it is a decree law, it must be published somewhere but i really can't find it.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
It's true, but it's nothing big, actually. They will do nothing but fill up a form for every sighting and file it in the national archives. There will be no investigations on the sightings, as they don't have financial resources to do it. I doubt anything interesting will come out of it.

What would really be interesting was if our government released the classified files that contain better evidence of extraterrestrial ufos. Instead, like many other countries, Brazil only released the crappy ufo files to the public. We have no access to the good stuff, yet.

BTW, it is not a decret LAW, which we call DECRETO here in Brazil. It's a PORTARIA, which is the name of a simple administrative ruling used to change administrative procedures. Meaning that the public institution is creating new administrative procedures for itself and/or other public institutions under it.

PORTARIA No- 551/GC3, DE 9 DE AGOSTO DE 2010

Link to the news on major brazilian news

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Though I doubt it will produce the smoking gun we want, this can't hurt. Maybe if we are lucky, something may come of this.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
My general impression of Brazil is that it is kind of a neat place, socially.

The original post said his source was in Spanish. It should be noted that the language of Brazil is Portuguese.

I have a theory, though, about things that governments do:
They don't take the lid off of something until it's no longer really an issue.
I don't know that this really holds up, but I think in the case of UFO sightings we are pretty much past the point where governments are any longer much concerned about them.
Same thing with nuclear weapons. If a big nation says "OK - we're ready to take this nuclear disarmament thing seriously now," it probably means that nuclear weapons have been replaced with something else that's a secret.

But the real big issue now is contact. ET contact. And I don't see any governments ready to make that data public. We've been pounding on them for years now about that, and very little has come out in any kind of official format.

Most governments are in a squeeze between a warmongering minority that has massive financial resources and the rest of society who just want to get along with each other. I would be very surprised if any major government does anything that does not have the tacit approval of the moneylenders and their cronies.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by henriquefd

What would really be interesting was if our government released the classified files that contain better evidence of extraterrestrial ufos. Instead, like many other countries, Brazil only released the crappy ufo files to the public. We have no access to the good stuff, yet.

Oi Henrique, tudo bem? I just wanted to post a translation of a excerpt in the article that I think will be useful in this discussion.

Excerpt from
g1.globo.com...
in portuguese:

Para o ufólogo a Aeronáutica, Fernando Ramalho, ainda precisa mandar documentos das décadas de 1990 e 2000. Ele diz que as provas mais contundentes ainda não foram reveladas. "Filmagens de objetos voadores, por exemplo, de 100 metros de diâmetro, com vigias, com seres dentro dessas vigias".
Fernando faz parte de uma comissão de estudiosos que ouviu do Ministério da Defesa a garantia de que até o fim deste mês, todos os documentos estarão liberados para consulta pública. O ufólogo faz uma previsão sobre quando faremos contato.
"Eu creio que em menos de 50 anos nós poderemos ter sim um encontro entre civilizações evoluídas que nos visitam e os seres humanos terrestres. Por que não?", pergunta.

Translation of excerpt:
According to Ufologist Fernando Ramalho, Brazil's Air Force(Aeronautica or FAB) still need to send(disclose) documents from the decades of 1990 and 2000. He says that more conclusive evidence has not been revealed. "For example, footage of flying objects, 100 meters in diameter with portholes, with beings inside these portholes."

Fernando is part of a committee of scholars who heard from the Ministry of Defense the assurance that by the end of this month, all documents will be released for public consultation. UFO researcher makes a prediction about when we'll make contact.
"I believe that in less than 50 years we will, yes, have a (meeting) between advanced civilizations visiting us and humans on land. Why not?" He asks.
(End of translation)
Tried my best on this one!(please note that the literal translation of some sentences does not make much sense in English, hence the need for modification in the actual translated words from the original source,)

In my opinion it won't take as long as 50 years for disclosure to come through, and if the promises from FAB(brazilian air force) are to be believed then these documents should be available to us already.
I'm just wondering if Henrique might have/heard any news on this "document release" from the FAB, since he is probably in Brazil at the moment? If you have, would you care to share some of what you find with us?
Muito Obrigado.(Thanks)

Regards,

ringht_n_wrong

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: New External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

Edit to post link to original article source in portuguese.

[edit on 7/9/2010 by ArMaP]

[edit on 7-9-2010 by ringht_n_wrong]

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ringht_n_wrong
I'm just wondering if Henrique might have/heard any news on this "document release" from the FAB, since he is probably in Brazil at the moment? If you have, would you care to share some of what you find with us?
Muito Obrigado.(Thanks)

Regards,

ringht_n_wrong

I have read all the released documents. They're all pure garbage. Nothing about the ET of Varginha, nothing about the huge(30 stories high) cilindrical spaceship that landed in the amazon forest. And nothing about the one you mentioned, either.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

I have read all the released documents. They're all pure garbage. Nothing about the ET of Varginha, nothing about the huge(30 stories high) cilindrical spaceship that landed in the amazon forest. And nothing about the one you mentioned, either.

Would you care to post some of them, or link us to them, so that we might make our own conclusions? I (and I think some others too) would be really interested in reading some of that "garbage"

Thank you for your time!

Regards,

ringht_n_wrong

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ringht_n_wrong

Would you care to post some of them, or link us to them, so that we might make our own conclusions? I (and I think some others too) would be really interested in reading some of that "garbage"

Thank you for your time!

Regards,

ringht_n_wrong

There you go. It´s all in portuguese, though, since those are brazilian documents.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by henriquefd

Muito obrigado amigo! I'm Brazilian also by the way! I will look into them! Again thanks so much for your time and for posting these. Hope I can find something interesting here.

Um grande Abraco,

ringht_n_wrong

top topics

join