It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan and Science, His Creation to Mislead

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5e13da5fd231.jpg[/atsimg]
1) Does knowledge and use of the sciences serve the Devil?
2) Is it true that the more technological and "advanced" a society becomes the more likely they will turn from God to serve the other?
3) Has science and technology killed more people than any other single thing?

The sciences breed a God like syndrome in Man, we think we understand everything and control all, no need for God. Who does that serve? The desire for more is now an unquenchable thirst that cannot be quenched without the latest and greatest ipod or flat screen TV. Having enough is no longer enough so all our resources go to propping up our ego and "social status" rather than serving others. You have last years ipod, not good enough.... Don't feed the multitudes, buy a new ipod so you can keep up with the technological status quo.

Science in Medicine can save a life but maybe God had a different plan for the length of my life. I'm 40 and would have died twice had it not been for modern medicine. But was that God's plan? Maybe the food and resources I use now should have gone to the next Generation.

1) Science has built unimaginable killing technology from the gun to weaponized viruses.
2) How many people have been killed through modern transportation.
3) How many have died because of technology grown cancers.
4) How many animals have gone extinct in the name of progress.
5) How often do you push things of God's away to watch TV or sit on the computer?
6) Science is killing our planet (God's beautiful creation) with pollution.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f1c3683578e2.jpg[/atsimg]

How many people has science fed? It could feed all but enough is not enough for us.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a9c68831a180.jpg[/atsimg]

Bottom line is that Science is not of God and it serves the other. It makes humans believe in their own divinity and separates us from our source....from all that is good.

It is the Devils conspiracy to set us on this path, a path that leads to one thing...the death of God's creation.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/97fdc6d53ba1.jpg[/atsimg]

What do you think....should I see a Doctor?

[edit on 9/4/2010 by kinglizard]

Mod edit: to clarify on OP's request

[edit on 5 Sep 2010 by Hellmutt]

+23 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
The problem would be of WHAT is considered Science? Any discovery or invention of Humans? Is Language considered Science? Is Writing considered Science? The Invention of Paper? The discovery of the quill and ink? What about housing? Should people live in caves or is a house considered a part of Science?

Without paper and the printing press and writing methods there would exist no Bible. You would not even know of God nor Jesus. There would be no written record of their existence.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

I appreciate you making this thread but...

Who is Satin? i actually like Satin..so soft..ewww

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove

I appreciate you making this thread but...

Who is Satin? I actually like Satin..so soft..ewww

Through science, we will learn new ways of making Satin more cheaply...soon Satin will be everywhere...Satin sheets, Satin pillows, Satin sidewalks...This is obviously bad...

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

I was gonna say that..until i saw the picture of the starving kid, and looked at my pint of bitter and discarded Starbar wrapper on my desk.

Put me right off comedy to be honest.

Poor sod.

Can't we just be nice human beings? Why do people think you can only be a good person if you rant on about a god every chance you get?

What's wrong with decency? With human kindness? Aren't they worth anything anymore, unless they're backed up with superstitious nonsense about some deity or other?

I'm 40 and would have died twice had it not been for modern medicine. But was that God's plan?

From what i've read about the 'god' spoke of in the book called the bible, if god was around and wanted you dead, you would be!

It's not slow to slaughter anyone who remotely annoys it.

Look, it's even killing that poor kid with starvation..don't you say that the lord provides? It's not providing much for that one is it!

Edits for spelling mistakes due to ranting (and beer).

[edit on 4/9/2010 by spikey]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
If god created us then god created our ability to do these things too.

That means god guilty for every single bad thing on the planet....i wont say in the universe because that fairytale only talks of creator of earth in 7 days etc

God is Satan...or satin.....id say Satan

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard

1) Science has built unimaginable killing technology from the gun to womanized viruses.

Womanized viruses are also a terrible problem...

If we can't even keep the manly virtues in our viruses, for God's sake, then, who can we trust ???

[edit on 4-9-2010 by nine-eyed-eel]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Science is the revealing of the complexities of the natural world. It is no different than a child learning colors or the alphabet. Science is also a part of God's mystery in Revelation, in which the woman who rides on the beast fornicates. In other words, the physical world is exploited through the use of science in a bad way. She is cast down and 'disrobed' or 'to be made naked'. Before she is one with her husband, the true spirit or source of life. Science can be used for beneficial purposes, just like a knife can be used to kill or as a carving tool.

Science in and of itself is not evil.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by nine-eyed-eel

We get it, thanks. If you would like to correct any more spelling feel free to send me a u2u rather than post it here to this thread. I know it makes you feel good but try to restrain yourself.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ben91069

Thanks for the reply.

If we weren't supposed to eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil why is it okay to unravel God's creation through science?

Science and technology separates us from God.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Did you just refer to yourself in 3rd. person?

I mean I did think, that your avatar was a bit pompous, with the "writer, scholar" and all but now you're starting to scare me

[edit on 4-9-2010 by lynxlynx]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Sorry? do you really mean 'science?'

wait . . . what?

can you please define that a bit better? I mean,
science is great and all that, you know, as a word,
but what exactly do you mean by 'science?'
I know of the scientific method;

Scientific method refers to a body of techniques for investigating phenomena, acquiring new knowledge, or correcting and integrating previous knowledge. To be termed scientific, a method of inquiry must be based on gathering observable, empirical and measurable evidence subject to specific principles of reasoning. A scientific method consists of the collection of data through observation and experimentation, and the formulation and testing of hypotheses.

this is what wikipedia defines as the scientific method. I really cannot
comprehend how you can attribute the values of good or evil
to science as such.

I don't see how science changes human behaviors any different
from how religions want us to be one way or another, for good
or for worse.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Please, I'm interested in conversation not insults and off topic posts.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
please stop blaiming entities that dont exist for the stupid things we do.
science isnt always used for the bad but we had to go down this route.

we have free will to do what we want but we choose to mess up things.

it isn't late to go in the right direction before it's too late

[edit on 4-9-2010 by platipus]

link   
reply to post by lynxlynx

Nah, just basic psychology.

By 'we' and 'us' he's got strength with 'all of us backing him up'..with just a little 'i', he's a bit lonely and impotent.

Psychologically speaking of course. Not to say the OP is actually lonely and impotent, i wouldn't know. It's a strength in numbers semi-browbeat, that's all.

link   

Originally posted by Ser Plum
Sorry? do you really mean 'science?'

As in the Sciences.

phrontistery.info...

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   

I don't know about all this. Satan wouldn't have to try hard for us to sin. We were born into a world of sinners and we are all sinners.

I truly think that money and materialism is the root of all evil. I know when I was younger I used to steal things which were wants, not needs, just because I didn't have the money to afford them.

I wouldn't say Satan created all these materials, we did. We led ourselves down this path of destruction. The only thing Satan did was showed us the riches, we took the bait.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   

According to the good book the Devil has been around since we were walking around naked without ANY technology,the problem is in the nature of man and his propensity to wage war and destroy himself pursuing very non-technological emotions such as greed,envy and anger.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

You're the one who put your deity on the table by authoring this thread with it as a central theme.

You can't complain when people put their views across as to the validity of your deity hypothesis, can you?

It is, after all the central thrust of your planned debate is it not?

You may not like what people have to say about your religious opinions kinglizard, but those are the risks of posting a thread on any subject.

You might get lucky soon and get a hoard of other bible thumpers along to tell you what you want to hear.

This isn't my bag, so i'm out of here. (especially as you appear to be rude enough not to answer my posts to you)

Bye bye all.

[edit on 4/9/2010 by spikey]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join