It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Original 'Solar Obliteration' episode found..

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I don't know how or who found it - but the original 'Solar Obliteration' episode of the 'SIGHTINGS' television show, circa 1995 - has been posted it on YouTube. I thought it was lost - and have not seen it in over 10 years.

Anyway, this television show was the starting point of a media campaign that ultimately reached over 1/2 billion people across the globe. No chit.

I'd also like to say that they mis-quoted me - right in the beginning. ( I have never stated that "I know this to be extraterrestrial or inter-dimensional" ) and the producers did not show the footage that I gave to them... -- ( making me understand why so many thought it was all 'bugs and dust' ) --

Well... have a look... and the skeptics can hack me to pieces later.

SIGHTINGS television show - episode 'Solar Obliteration'

"John Bro"

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Johnbro

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Johnbro

very interesting
i have heard of different optic cameras picking up things human eyes canot see i would think if aliens had mastered anti gravity they could master invisability as well but infrared or indirect light seams to foil there cloak
s+f i hope more people realize that they are there they just require different means to see

ever wounder why footage of ufos seam blurry?
is there an optical effect in the light spectrum used to make these objects hidden?

xploder

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Johnbro

Johnbro.....

Thank you for posting that episode of "Sightings".

On the one hand.....

I have great respect for the manner in which you have researched this topic & clearly stated your position.

On the other hand.....

I do not agree the "Solar Obliteration" technique shows anything "unusual".

I also worry a little that you could damage your sight by inadvertantly looking at the sun time after time, thereby producing cumulative damage to your eyes.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this. I loved sightings, im still lagging behind in the 90's even

I will definitely be watching this

This is the scenario i fear most and see being most likely scenario. There is much evidence to support it and what is going on with the sun right now.

S&F

[edit on 3-9-2010 by theMegaladon]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by theMegaladon
Thanks for posting this. I loved sightings, im still lagging behind in the 90's even

I will definitely be watching this
This is the scenario i fear most and see being most likely scenario. There is much evidence to support it and what is going on with the sun right now.
S&F

TheMegaladon.....

This is the scenario i fear most and see being most likely scenario.

That is a truly epic sentence.

What does it mean?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
What one? You mean stuck in the 90's? Pretty much

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Johnbro

this is strange great find i am curious as to what this is ,also here is another good video on it

www.youtube.com...

Nephi

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
While I do believe there is something to the ufo phenomenon this is just a bit desperate.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by theMegaladon
What one? You mean stuck in the 90's? Pretty much

TheMegaladon.....

"Stuck in the 90's".....fair dinkum you crack me up!

No.....

I meant this sentence:

This is the scenario i fear most and see being most likely scenario.

I fear it's getting worse the more I read it.....not better!

Wa's it all mean, bro?

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Oh boy

John boy you really got me with this one. The name of the episode is misleading

Solar Obliteration

I was thinking this had to do with the Mayan prophecy of the 2012 Sun storms destroying the planet, and Aliens saving us and warning us what will happen. Then again that probably will not happen. But all this was was a segment on filming bugs? Nothing extra terrestrial about insects my freind they have always been here and are part of nature. Please tell me you are not in to the Jose Escamilla "rods" hoax too? Boy do i feel dumb. Now i know what MMN whas referring too lol

Now i know why Sightings wanted to bury this missing episode

Cool to see you on sightings anyway must have been an interesting experience.

[edit on 3-9-2010 by theMegaladon]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Awesome to see this again and also that you are a contributor here.

This episode actually convinced me to finally buy a video camera! I never got to try your technique, (stuff happened) but maybe I'll use this as an excuse to get some other 'stuff' out of storage.

Have there been any further developments? I mean, have you or anyone else taken this and run with it?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
well found. Thanks

Here's a September 2009 upscale update. Enjoy!

[edit on 3-9-2010 by watchZEITGEISTnow]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Great watch.

Did Sightings give back your original tape(s)?

Personally I am inclined to think that the triangles etc that have been seen are man made.

I'm more interested in the ones you don't see, and are probably out and about more than we know. Maybe occasional glimpses of real ufos are made, but they are the minority.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I thought the show had a positive message. The additional youtube footage from wZn was intense, I had not seen this before nor had I ever heard of "Solar Obliteration".

I am apt to believe that our Mesosphere can support life.

One day we might capture one of these Meso-Fauna and form a symbiotic relationship with it. A living ship to travel the stars.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I knew that I could count on some of you to be chitheads. I could set my watch by how predicatable you are. I also knew that - before I put up the reference material.

For those of you out there that aren't 12 years old - I wanted to show you the actual image on the video - that got Paramount studios interested in the 'Solar Obliteration' story to begin with.

I really don't think that show did the story justice. Focusing our attention on the 'Little White Dots' in the video, that most likely are dust and bugs, is not at all what we do. That is just ridiculous.

But the show did lead to appearances on just about every paranormal television and radio show that was out at the time. Ultimately, it landed me a part of 'StarTrek: Voyager' - and I continue to do commercials to this day. If folks don't believe that either, they can check that out too.

*SNIP*

I think that when people call me 'John Boy' - it just means that I got to them. If you saw my life - you would wish you were me. I'm not living in my mommie's basement, ya know?? And that is my best revenge.

Also, there are some major developments - concerning the 'Solar Obliteration' story - that I will share with folks later. This time, it won't be cheesey little pictures - and will be backed by hard technical breakdowns from JPL-type scientists.

And I won't be trying to sell you some plagiarized video. I will give you the empowerment - and truly, actually being able to see one of these damn things for yourself.

That is really how we win.

I am looking forward to delivering the coup de grâce to some of the lying scum that I have dealt with in the UFO Industry. The whole concept of people being able to see for themselves - and not having to take anyone's word for it - or buy their videos, etc... is my ultimate goal.

I want to dismantle wares of the snake oil salesman.

MOD EDIT: Snipped out pesonal site.
ATS Terms and Conditions of Use
4) Advertising: You will not advertise or promote other discussion boards, chat systems, online communities or other websites on ATS within posts, private messages, avatars or signatures without prior written permission from The Above Network, LLC. You will not choose a username that is the same as website domain, subdomain, or URL for which you are associated. Doing so will result in removal of your post(s) and immediate termination of your account.

Advertising personal sites:
No advertising of your personal or other websites until you have been a contributing member for at least 6 months. All URLs must be approved by an ATS Administrator or Site Owner prior to display.

[edit on September 7th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Holy Sh*t this is real!! I video taped the same thing about 8 years ago with my Sony 8mm video tape camera. I remember reading a post online somewhere where a guy was asking the question if anyone ever video taped the corona of the sun at sunrise. He went on to say when he played back the video tape he would get these UFO's flying across the sun at tremendous speed. The post was intriguing and since I had always wanted to see a UFO, I decided later on in the week I would take my 8mm video camera and see what I could catch on camera. I woke up around 5:30 a.m. and went down to our nearby lake and focused my camera at the horizon and waited for the sun to rise. I positioned the camera and viewed it on the small digital screen instead of the view finder. When I got home I plugged the camera in to view what I shot, and holy crap the guy was absolutely right!! I called my 12 year old son over to look at it. He was amazed and called my wife into the room and said "hey mom, dad video taped some UFOs."
My wife got nervous watching it because she hates any talk about possible alien life or UFO's. I swear there must have been at least 20 of these different white objects flying across our TV screen. What was so interesting about it, not all of them were traveling at the same speed! Some were different sizes, some traveled at tremendous speed and some traveled much slower. That made me rule out flying insects. I remember panning away from the sun, and when I did, there were no more objects flying across the TV screen. I'm not really one to get excited about seeing white lights in the sky, because who knows they could be anything. I never showed it to anyone else because I thought my relatives would think I was crazy. I've always felt their was enough evidence and credible witnesses that proved the existence of UFO's are real. I've been hooked on this subject since I completed a research paper on UFO's back in the early 80's. Before any skeptic tries to brush this aside, I challenge you to do what I did. I'm not saying they're UFO's but I have no idea what I captured on tape. I'll say it's an alien craft when I can see it with my own eyes and I can see the windows on the craft! But until than, see for yourself, you may be surprised on what you capture on camera.

[edit on 3-9-2010 by WeRpeons]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Honestly, folks - now some 15 years later, whether or not people believe my information - it becomes a bit of a mute point.

The 'Solar Obliteration method / A.K.A. 'John Bro Technique' story - now falls into the category of 'UFO Folklore' - and it will be around thru pertuity. Sorry.

One must ask themselves; considering the money and politics involved - what would it really take to prompt Paramount Studios to reach into their pockets and spend in excess of $10,000 USD - traveling back and forth - plus repeatedly having high-tech video analysis performed on the submissions of a previously unknown person? They reviewed my materials for months before they made the decision to go into production with this story.

If it seems like 'no big deal' - I cordually invite any one of you to 'give it a go.' In actuality, it is nearly impossible.

Shown in the background - yet, never brought clearly into the foreground of the video segment... the following hyperlink will lead folks to the image that prompted Paramount to 'pony up.'

Repeated professional video analysis of 'The Reseda Saucer' - ( July 14, 1995 ) - indicated to 'Village Labs' computer scientists that: The object was 'a solid, structured object in the sky - approximately 3 miles from the camera - and moving at a very rate high speed.' These are not my words; but their's.

When I contacted the production company - after the 'Solar Obliteration' episode was first aired; and asked them 'why didn't you show the footage that I gave you?"- their only response was - "We don't want to be responsible for causing a public panic."

Cross my heart... that is a 100% true statement.

My true message: way back then - ( and I stand by it to this day ) - was that, SOMETIMES - there are things that; naturally, coincidentally - or intentionally: can use the aspects of direct sunlight to hide from us. It is a tactic that the military has used since before WWII. Look it up, if you like. It is called 'Daylight Stealth.'

It is also my contention that; not only are UFO's real - but they are abundantly present - and on a daily basis. Don't believe me now... it is alright with me. But remember I said so.

----

Reading some of the responses that have been given - it is obviously to me that some of you folks have not reviewed the materials. You simply have your mindset - and are making negative and declarative statements.

And please do consider this - after 15 years of being bashed over the head for this free information - do you really think that you could come up an insult that I have not heard before??

To me, the 'Solar Obliteration' episode was a true miracle. It was the launch pad towards a wild ride that very few can all but imagine. It was a link in a chain that ultimately stretched across the globe. To recall it all would require a full-length book.

Three days ago, quite by accident - I found that an author with a very high technical background; that has analysed and annotated the optical, mechanical, and mathematical physics of 'Solar Obliteration' - to a point where very few people here ( including myself ) - could barely grasp it.

Yet, upon reading it: true scientists will definately take pause - to reassess their position.

Photography methods for the UFO hunter

I firmly believe that folks will be hearing about the developments of this story for a long time to come.

Ultimately, I really only present my information for the 1% or 1% that are genuinely interested. Much to the disappointment of the skeptics; that is still a large audience.

I remain undaunted. "John Bro"

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
This is really great. Thank you so much for sharing your technique and information. I really hope to see more and hope you share more of your story. Thanks again!

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
*double post*

[edit on 3-9-2010 by thewormholes]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join