It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astrology, do you believe, or think it’s more lies?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I believe in astrology, I recommend MSN Astrology. It lets you enter your exact date of birth and the exact time you were born if you know it.

MSN Scopes

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
I believe in astrology, I recommend MSN Astrology. It lets you enter your exact date of birth and the exact time you were born if you know it.

MSN Scopes

I'm sure you're being facetious, but this is an excellent example of pseudo-astrology. As far as I can see it DOES NOT have a place to enter your time of birth. It also asks for your gender, which is 100% irrelevant. I suspect it makes a few quickie calculations and pulls from a weak database. It cannot calculate houses with the information you give it, and as such it is next to useless.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

MSN Scopes

I'm sure you're being facetious, but this is an excellent example of pseudo-astrology. As far as I can see it DOES NOT have a place to enter your time of birth. It also asks for your gender, which is 100% irrelevant. I suspect it makes a few quickie calculations and pulls from a weak database. It cannot calculate houses with the information you give it, and as such it is next to useless.

No, I wasn't being facetious. I thought MSN Astrology let you enter a time of birth, seems I was wrong. I could have sworn you used to be able to enter time of birth. Anyways, the MSN horoscopes have been ridiculously accurate for me in the past.

edit on 11-9-2010 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I feel it should be stated again that the modern day astrology follows a fixed imaginary wheel that was made a little under 2000 years ago.

Modern day astrology is NOT the same practice of the days of old that observed what the night sky showed. It became a 'fixed' wheel that does not represent the night sky.

Astrology signs resonate with people because in their past life, that sign was the sign they were born in. So the sign astrology gives you is a second nature to you now, very natural to you. The true constellation of where the sun was at your birth is going to give you a deeper meaning and purpose of your life in the 'now'....not what is already natural to you. Where the Sun was TRULY, offers you things to help you heal from your past life.

Virgo, my astrology sign, is natural to me....for 2000 years ago if I was born on the same month and day as I was born in this life, I would of had the Sun in Virgo. Today though, the Sun was truly in Leo at my birth, its not so much a second nature to me but helps me see a deeper path for my life and even helps me overcome Virgo traits that are not a positive trait for me. Plus....another man should not tell you what planets and signs mean for you. Each person has a deeper connection within them of what each archetype is for them personally.

Astrology tells people for example that mars is war, trouble ect.....but I find through personal seeking that Mars needs much healing from its past. When you offer forgiveness to Mars, Mars can then be a 'healer' for many things. Through personal observation and seeking I find Saturn to be like a counselor, a guide that if you are willing to seek it, it can show you things you dont want to face, help you face them, then after facing them, helping you make leaps in your path of spiritual growth. Through personal observation, I find the time of 'dark moon' to be such a deep time of personal reflection, a time where one can be very in tune to the Universe and its energies if they are willing to be humble and honest at heart.

If you let another man tell you what something is to mean to you, you are only getting a limited understanding of what it means for you.

Just as though another man cant tell you what 'god' truly is to you....another man cant tell you what the planets truly are for you in this life.

Most of mankind is not really ready to seek within themselves and feel they need to lean on other men for understanding and answers.

I encourage people to give the true positions that can be observed in the night sky a chance....if you think astrology offers you things (which are past positions) just imagine what the true positions can offer you.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

No, I wasn't being facetious. I thought MSN Astrology let you enter a time of birth, seems I was wrong. I could have sworn you used to be able to enter time of birth. Anyways, the MSN horoscopes have been ridiculously accurate for me in the past.

Color me amazed because the MSN site is for entertainment. It's not real astrology. I put my birthdate in and it didn't even get my sign right. That's because without the time and place of birth it can't possibly know. As a calendar or clock the astroogy chart is an amazing "all-in-one" creation that depicts years, months, days, and hours all in one circle. It's orientation is COMPLETELY dependent on time & place of birth. Even daylight savings time can throw the chart off by half a sign. Yiur actual birthday isn't even an issue here. The ONLY reason your sun sign has become important is because most people know their birthday. It's easy. But you've got nine other planets out there that are just as important (The Moon counts, in this case), it;s just that most people have no idea where those were.

This orientation is crucial to "correct" interpretaion. Mars in the first house, for example, MAY mean that you appear aggressive to others. Mars in the seventh house (12 hours later or previously) MAY mean that your life partner is aggressive or will aggressively pursue you. Mars in the second house MAY mean you pursue material acquisitions with energy. There could be other information that either mitigates or accentuates these generalities. Without this information MSN is rolling a real crap shoot. It's also attempting predictive astrology, not doing natal astrology.

The MSN program doesn't use houses, so it has no idea in what areas of your life "things happen." All that's happened here is that someone has put together very general statements that do not apply to anyone specifically, so that if your calculated natal chart falls within a certain margin of error, it sticks in that statement. ANYBODY born anywhere around the world on or near your burthday would receive more or less the same interpretation.

In the early days of computers someone wrote a psychology program. I believe the name of it was Eliza, but I'm not 100% sure. It purported to "analyze" you. It wpould ask you questions and, in theiry, based on your replies it would narrow down until it could give you an interpretation. The funny thing was, as a joke, the programmers had Elisa ask you, on its third question, "Tell me about your parents." Of course, this is a Freud joke. The even funnier things was that the majority of people reported that Elisa was "very insightful."

Yesterday the MSN program told me that it would be a very good time to pay attention to my career goals and that potentially I had a positive change coming up.

I've been retired for six years.

BTW: There is an area for time of birth that give you the rising sign. Still no houses though. It's on a tab on the page/

edit on 9/12/2010 by schuyler because: add birthtime information

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   

edit on 11-9-2010 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

A few years ago like back in 2005 you could because I remember using it all the time lol...in which I was 15 then. They've changed since then and it's now pretty much a site that'll lead you to some Keen Psychics site.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Well first of all, you're actually talking horoscopes which is mostly goober bunk...Astrology when studied and mastered, by a professional can be scary accurate, however horoscopes are just fluff for media. They are nine times out of ten not professionals and don't know the first thing about astrology.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Do I believe in Astrology? Absolutely. The common traits that Astrology pins to each sign are always intriguingly accurate when applied to everybody I know. When I first read into the study of Astrology, I was amazed with how accurately it described myself, and I instantly made the connections between my own traits and my relationships with people of the same sign. The way I look at it, there's really no way this stuff is all just coincidence. Could just be wishful thinking, but I doubt it. Astrology is probably one of the oldest "sciences" in our history. The fact that it's considered "illegitimate" is really just "legitimate" science's way of saying: "I don't understand." I get this feeling that one day in the near future, Astrology could end up being the ONLY legitimate science...you know, with the Laws of Physics not being constant anymore.

Here's a neat test: type your birthday into Google and go to the Wikipedia page for it. Scroll down to the section "Births" and see if you can find any of your childhood heroes born on the same day as you. I bet 1 in 4 will find a connection they've never realized before.

Do I believe in horoscopes? Not really, especially internet-based horoscopes, but sometimes a day-old horoscope in the newspaper will catch me off guard with it's accuracy - could just be a coincidence, but who knows.

edit on 15-9-2010 by xiphias because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Hi,
I live in Aberdeen, Washington. Well I was not much into astrology until I understood its importance in my life. I had loss in my business and was going through a very tough phase. Then one of my friends suggested me vedic astrology. Since then my financial position has improved a lot. I have regained my confidence and also have started to follow astrology . Currently I am doing some research work on it. I would recommend everyone to make astrology a part of their life .. Well I am not suggesting to leave hard work as only way to success is hard work and determination, but wat I am trying to say is that astrology walks hand to hand with hard work and shields us from negative power if used correctly..
Reviews are welcomed.
Cheers and God bless everyone!!
Shaun Mills

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join