It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20 Signs America Is No Longer Free

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Yes you are right.

Second line.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Yes you are right.

Second line.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Stykes

Very wise post of what is in store for your family across the pond.

Second line.

Blessed be.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
sorry for the late response:

Originally posted by Arrowmancer
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

I starred your post because I thoroughly enjoyed the perspective. But there are bits that don't make sense to me.

ok. i can understand that. but, there are aspects of the american experiment and society that i think conditions americans to make assumptions without really paying attention to the details. this is only my observation.

If I'm not your friend and I'm not your family, what AM I to you? Your enemy? An acquaintance? You are skeptical of American freedom. So are we. You are skeptical of our government? Judgemental? So are we. Don't hold back, lay it on the line right here, right now. What would YOU do in our shoes?

what would i do if i were in your shoes? what size shoes do you wear?

We have less cameras than Brittain. We have armed police officers that criminals take VERY seriously. We have a bunch of laws, most of which we never think about because we'll never be in a position to break those laws. But at the end of the day, we know the difference between right and wrong and will defend a right action in the court, if necessary and probably win.

americans will never be in a position to break their laws? but americans are not even permitted to know all the laws, so how can americans claim to know they are not breaking the laws?

for example:
the copyright laws placed on the first page of all elementary school textbooks.

"no part of this book may be reproduced in whole or in part without written permission of the publisher. no part of this book may be stored in any information storage or retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or other, without written permission from the publisher."

but, i am an information storage and retrieval system. my brain cells and even my very dna is an information storage and retrieval system. and many publishers are dead. so does this mean the law is that i must get written permission from the dead in order to retain what it is i read?????

if i do not get written permission from the dead publishers, does this make me a person who is not a law abiding citizen???

At the end of the day, our law is the Constitution. Any law passed that violates that is stricken down. Period.

including the copyright laws, which seem to go against the laws of physics? how are american children suppose to get written permission from the dead publishers in order to be able to legally retain that which they are taught?

just some observations,
et

[edit on 5-9-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildmanimal

I did not vote in the last election because I have come to the conclusion that Republican/Democrats are the opposite sides to the exact same coin.

Voting a lesser known party would be a "wasted" vote.

TPTB decide and place into the Office of the President, who their most cherished puppet will be.

The common man's vote does not count.

Read my location.

And, this isn't just an American problem, the NWO is Corporate and it's going global.

[edit on 6-9-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by 4stral4pprentice

Thank you for sharing "The Law Of One", I have bought and read the book, excellent reading.

Hope everyone clicks on your link.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
The world is changing and I think perhaps the older generation is just lamenting over their lost childhoods. America is still the best and most free country in the world, and she doesn't like it when ungrateful citizens talk bad about her.
Just kidding.

[edit on 6-9-2010 by AProphet1233]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Tingopoo

We're on the same side and I will watch your back if you watch mine.

Starred.

You have the gift of sight.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
sorry for the late response:

Originally posted by Arrowmancer
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

ok. i can understand that. but, there are aspects of the american experiment and society that i think conditions americans to make assumptions without really paying attention to the details. this is only my observation.

I will admit, that American's are biased to snap judgement. We trust our instincts. I can look at a Monet and know it is beautiful without knowing what type of canvas it's on. Some details are unimportant. But in the assumption arena, we're not the only ones.

what would i do if i were in your shoes? what size shoes do you wear?

Probably the most important thing I said in that post and you make a mockery of it. I can see this will end well.

Let me rephrase. I've gone through your posts and threads and have found you to be a person of intellect, wit, and sound judgement (for the most part
I would ask you to take me at least semi-seriously. I wouldn't have asked if I weren't interested in a thoughtful response. So, rewording: If you were an American and observed the United States and her citizens being stripped of their freedoms, what would you do?

americans will never be in a position to break their laws? but americans are not even permitted to know all the laws, so how can americans claim to know they are not breaking the laws?

There are laws which which the majority of citizens will never contend with. Therefor, our being taught such a law would be pointless. For instance: There's a law in a city in California which makes it illegal to detonate a nuclear weapon within the city limits. I will never be in a position to violate that law. There are laws concerning sex-change. I will never violate that law. I study the law as far as it pertains to me and have a fairly good grasp of many. But the Constitution is the ultimate law, here. We are allowed to know it. Any other law that violates the Constitution is struck down. We don't have to know them all, we only need to know the foundation. We follow the Constitution, we aren't breaking the law. In theory. And we are allowed to know every law written in the US. They are accessible at any time online or in person in DC.

for example:
the copyright laws placed on the first page of all elementary school textbooks.

"no part of this book may be reproduced in whole or in part without written permission of the publisher. no part of this book may be stored in any information storage or retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or other, without written permission from the publisher."

but, i am an information storage and retrieval system. my brain cells and even my very dna is an information storage and retrieval system. and many publishers are dead. so does this mean the law is that i must get written permission from the dead in order to retain what it is i read?????

if i do not get written permission from the dead publishers, does this make me a person who is not a law abiding citizen???

If you want to play on technicalities, simply hand the book to a blind man, tell him to rip out the first page and hand the book back to you.l

including the copyright laws, which seem to go against the laws of physics? how are american children suppose to get written permission from the dead publishers in order to be able to legally retain that which they are taught?

1. More techinicalities: The publishers aren't dead. We don't use 100 year old textbooks. The AUTHORS might be dead, but the publishers would be the entity that PUBLISHED the book for distribution. Even if the ORIGINAL publishers were dead, the title of publisher would fall to whoever succeeded them.
2. You are capable of data retention and retrieval. That is not what you are. That is not your life function. I would hope.
3. You're right that American's make assumptions. In the case of this copywrite thing, I'm going to say my assumptions about the laws are logical assumptions based on relevant data. Your assumptions are based reading the passage with a more literal mind. In America, we deal with abstracts a bit more.

just some observations,
et

And they are valued and appreciated. Where, might I ask, are you from? Would be nice to research your country and deliver some 'observations' of my own... for reference, you know...

Regards

Arrow

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I live in Philadelphia and have multiple blogs with my name and address on them, and I haven't been approached about purchasing a businesses license. What do you say about this ?

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Great post. Never really thought about fencing and walls not only keeping people out but also in! Heck they may secretly be laughing as we demand to build a fence on our southern border. All the guardhouses and surveillance we demand may be practice for US! I suppose we should, as the old saying goes,"be careful of what you wish for". Only liberty guided by peaceful and decent neighborly ways and constant vigilance against tyrannical gov't is truly the only way live happy. ( I hope I said that correctly)

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by tellmethen

Good post and yes you said it most eloquently.

Now coupled with when I went on my honeymoon to Canada, we didn't need a passport.........the guard asked us our business and we said honeymoon, he smiled, waved us through and said "I hope it's memorable, Welcome to Canada".

Now you need a passport to get into Canada, pretty soon I'm wondering if it will be necessary to cross state lines?

This border fencing is like a new Berlin Wall almost?

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

edit on 21-12-2010 by ofhumandescent because: double post

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join