It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I choose to have no friends

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
You are not really alone, you have a wife. I would love to have one true friend and companion like you seem to have rather than a hectic busy social life involving dozens of friends, obscene amounts of time on the mobile phone, twitter, facebook, clubs/pubs etc etc Im sure we all know the type of person im talking about...90% of the time i am alone and prefer being so, but that 10% of the time really eats away at you after a while when you have no one to talk to.

haha i know what you mean. a lot of times when you wake up in the middle of the night the world seem so empty and you feel so alone. that really eats you up.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

I always suspected I was adopted.
Now I think I've just met my long lost twin brother.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by v01i0
I understand. Indeed solitude may be good for some. But in the end, there is no need for solitude. As I see it, seeking solitude is another way to distinct yourself from the rest of the world, or so to speak.

With respect I humbly disagree. I can only speak for myself here, but solitude is a craving for me. And if I don't get my fix then it starts to affect me physically. I think if I had to be around people all the time I would go mad.

And for me anyway, seeking solitude is another way to detach yourself from the rest of the world.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Hello m0r,

I have to say, I find very hard to belive anyone really enjoys complete solitude.- all the time.

(Of course having some "alone time" is a necessity for any human being, taking a break from the madness of the everyday world- having a moment of peace to reflect with your mind- meditate, etc.-
I think it should be a done regularly to mantain balance and sanity).

I think some people that isolate themselves- is because they are afraid to be hurt (again) so they build a fortress around them and convince themselves that's the best thing.- But subconsciously they crave close interaction with people.

Detaching onself completely from society because "you wont have to deal with other people's drama" is only seeing the negative side of social interactions.
When truth is, you can learn from everyone- no matter how shallow or silly the might sound to at first-...

In my opinion... friendship is one of the best things in life- .Of course, real friends might be hard to find...and one might face a few desillusions along the widingpath- but it's so worthy at the end. ;D

Hey I LOVE spending time on my own, lost in my private world- I even sometimes disappear from everyone's sight. LOL.
However I cannot imagine my life witouth my friends, family, and the rest of the people, that with all "their dramas" and different views of the world make my life richer in every way.

And I still have to find a "happy hermit". Maybe just the ones I've come across... but they all seem very sad at core, not happy with their choice at all.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I do enjoy a reasonable amount of seclusion, although most wouldn't call it that.

While I am generally and frequently disgusted with the human race and really see few indicators that we have become much different than when we lived in huts, I tend to speak my mind.

This, as one might imagine, get odd looks or head shakes as those who don't get it dismiss the ideas or just get angry at having the facade removed. This tends to parse the "personal safety bubble" (intellectually at least) of many people.

Many agree because their role in society is to be rebellious and a contrarian regardless of the fact that they have no real reason to be so since antagonism without a foundation is generally just being a jerk.

But as I've said for many years, Earth is the Universes Insane Asylum, and those that know it are stuck here with the crazies.

I'd prefer to be alone more, but at this time in my life I really don't have that luxury.

Perhaps some day.

Peace
KJ

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Allright

I've never observed in order to learn how to abuse, but to understand - at least I think so. Maybe I am somewhat sociopathic...

Have a good one,

-v

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   

I'd like to apologise to m0r1arty for disrupting the thread like that.
'cause it's not about being a Hermit.
Edit: and I would like to add that you are very lucky to have someone that understands you in that regard.
Please continue

[edit on 2/9/2010 by Netties Hermit]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I can relate to that. I read people very quickly and easily as well, and yes... it is annoying watching the face they put on when you know the face that lies beneath it. I have gotten to the point that I ignore it in order to not be annoyed all the time. I used to have many real life friends, but as I became more honest with myself I could not continue to pretend to fit in with most of my friends "our god is a great god" world. Pretty much everyone I knew was happy to be a spoonfed sheep. I don't know many people who I can relate to in the world around me, OTHER than here on ATS and a few other online places.. so most of my friends are known online.. rather than physical world.
I don't mind honestly. Would just be nice to have some people I can relate to nearby. *shrug*

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join