It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your views on polygamy

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
Who or what is backing that funding? What is the purpose of the study? How was the study conducted and by whom?

Follow the links and find out.

Was there an agenda? Did the researcher need the study to lean a certain way? Federal funding can be determined on statistical findings - - - which would have great influence on how statistics lean.

Translation: 'La, la, lalala, see my fingers in my ears? I can't hear yooooo!'

Did you even look at the links? Most of the studies I quoted were not American, so 'Federal funding' (your geographical chauvinism rearing its ugly head again) doesn't come into it.

Statistical studies are done for a reason. Unless you have all the background on a statistical study - - it really can't be used as valid proof of anything.

Who said they were statistical? Go and look at the studies.

You are making a proper fool of yourself.

edit on 9/9/10 by Astyanax because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

No - I am living in my country in a modern society where women have equal rights.

I keep telling you that - - but you keep insisting on going to the Middle East.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   

reply to post by Astyanax

I keep telling you that - - but you keep insisting on going to the Middle East.

If you want to see the effects of polygamy, you have to go to where polygamy exists.

It doesn't exist in America, except among a few criminals, mostly living in Utah.

Polygamy cannot exist in what you call modern societies. They are mutually opposed and one must eventually destroy the other.

Ménages à trois are not polygamy.

Earlier on you accused me of thinking with my private parts. Please see the three fingers pointing back at yourself.

edit on 9/9/10 by Astyanax because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Tell ya what. You focus on your agenda - - which I have no interest in.

And I will focus on mine. Modern Plural Marriage - - - gender equality.

I'm a Futurist - - my choice is to go forward.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I don't remember starting this argument. My initial response was to the OP. That was pretty unambiguous, I think, since I actually quoted something from a link he or she provided. And that link talked about--guess what? Middle Eastern societies.

You horned in on my attempt to engage the OP and have been flapping your prejudices and lust fantasies at me ever since.

If you want to quit, then--as I said before--quit and be welcome. Just--again, as I said before--ignore my reality check and go back to your little fantasy. I wasn't talking to you in the first place. Comprenez?.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by searching411
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

Utah, Arizona, Nevada -- Have you not been watching the news -- Warren Jeff, Colorado City, Arizona and their new compound in Texas. Jeff has refused extradition to Texas for trial and he may be released from Arizona prison shortly. His followers were even on Oprah when all this stuff came to light. Look up "the lost boys" and see the down side of young men who are not favored and how they are thrown out with the trash with no money and no way to support themselves. It is not only about the girls.

I have never really watched the news all that much.... but coincidentally the whole reason why I read this thread was because of a news piece I saw a year ago about some women and how she got out of one of these polygamy familys, I dont remember were it was, could of been in texas even the same place you mentioned....But neadless to say, she the female and her kids that was on the show, diden't have a good opinion on it or there lifestyles.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Tell ya what. You focus on your agenda - - which I have no interest in.

And I will focus on mine. Modern Plural Marriage - - - gender equality.

I'm a Futurist - - my choice is to go forward.

Why not just say your agenda and get it over with Astyanax agenda is pretty simple he has some experience to call on concerning polygamy. But your pretty obvious yourself but you still make no sense....so what the didlly is this modern plural marriage you keep saying....if it's not polygamy then what, is it a religious powerstructure, or like some hippies free love sort of thing or a commune of swingers....yes I know all negative condentations. That is because I know some females like some lifestyles like the swinger lifestyles...But that is the closest I can think off that would classify as "modern plural marriage" I know you said lots of things like you husband is 21 years younger and your 64 and lots of other things......So if your a futurist tell me what you see in the future for Modern Plural Marriage or whatever you think should be the ideal thing concerning that. Lets hear the positives as you see them, or else it just makes no sense, and just sounds like trolling for some personal cause if even that.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Let me know when you're gonna discuss polygamy in America.

You wanted to know what polygamy is like in America? Then read seeker 411's post on page 4 of the thread. You prefer to trust 'personal experience' rather than scientific studies and statistics? Read Seeker's post.

Seeker411 is speaking of rebel Mormon sects which secretly practise polygamy. He says he has lived in such a sect. I thought he was Nigerian at first, then I read the phrase 'celestial wives' and the penny dropped.

Go on then, read that post and find out what polygamy in America is really like.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join