It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about family lineage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Mods - please feel free to relocate this thread to wherever it needs to go.

ATS history buffs, I've got a question about my family's lineage and how common links like mine may be. After extensive research, I've been able to discover that I come from a looooooong line of Kings - going back as far as Fulk 1 link. Other notables in the line include the Duke of Normandy, link, King Henry II, link, John of England, link, and King Henry the III.

The interesting thing is that this is a crystal-clear direct line and not a "cousin's brother's wife" type of thing. It was followed through parents, to grandparents, to great grandparents, etc, etc, etc, and this is the crux of my question.

[edit on 8/31/2010 by atlguy]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by atlguy

If you are of a high extraction (that's the funny French way to say you come from a great family), you should have a ring with armories. See on this website
Otherwise, I don't know anything about genealogy, but I think many people are from a royal family if you go far enough in time.

[edit on 31/8/2010 by jeanne75018]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by atlguy

where did the Royalty stop at? I mean, unless you are Prince Bob or something. I would be interested to know if you can fall up the queen and make an appointment to stop by for a beer or something. Please keep us informed.

All Hail Prince Bob!

Crowd chants "aww hell"

(it's a southern thing)

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I discovered that I am a direct decendant of King Charlemagne. How does one descend from royalty and end up a pauper?
I mean, at least give me a friggin candlestick or something.

I love geneology and the things you can discover. There are Native Indians on both sides of my family, we had a dude die in a mine mining for gold, farmers, an indian chief somewhere along the line etc. I am French/Irish/Indian...fascinating stuff. I will have to go digging for more info.

What makes it difficult is that many people changed the spelling of their last names somewhere along the line so you have to be careful.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Love your cat only because it looks like mine

Our family tree spans over so many generations; our blood lines span from Israel, Persia, Iraq, Holland, Russia, Poland & Germany to the Normans/Franks and Romans.

The only royal bloodlines are numerous but those that stick out the most are those from King David, the Levites, Queen Mary, the barons of Allington, and the King of "Prussia" John Carter from Cornwall

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by atlguy
Mods - please feel free to relocate this thread to wherever it needs to go.

ATS history buffs, I've got a question about my family's lineage and how common links like mine may be. After extensive research, I've been able to discover that I come from a looooooong line of Kings - going back as far as Fulk 1 link. Other notables in the line include the Duke of Normandy, link, King Henry II, link, John of England, link, and King Henry the III.

The interesting thing is that this is a crystal-clear direct line and not a "cousin's brother's wife" type of thing. It was followed through parents, to grandparents, to great grandparents, etc, etc, etc, and this is the crux of my question.

[edit on 8/31/2010 by atlguy]

No one here is related to nobility.

Let me give you an example of true nepotism and interbreeding, which ONLY exists among the nobility and aristocrats of our corrupt society.

It takes no longer than to go to wikipedia and read up on some of Europes nobles. For instance, Henri, Grand Duke of Luxembourg has a patrilineal descent that dates back to the 7th century AD (and it presumuably goes into Roman times)

This is father/son. Every person being a noble/aristocrat with obviously great power.

1. Robert or Radon, Mayor of the Palace of Austrasia in 613
2. Robert, Referendary in 629 and Duke in 631
3. Erlebert, Noble of Therouanne
4. Robert, Mayor of the Palace of Neustria in 653, Referendary in 658 and Count in Alsace in 673
5. Robert I of Worms and Rheingau, d. 764
6. Thuringbert of Worms and Rheingau
7. Robert II of Worms and Rheingau (Robert of Hesbaye), 770 - 807
8. Robert III of Worms and Rheingau, 808 - 834
9. Robert IV the Strong, 820 - 866
10. Robert I of France, 866 - 923
11. Hugh the Great, 895 - 956
12. Hugh Capet, 941 - 996
13. Robert II of France, 972 - 1031
14. Henry I of France, 1008–1060
15. Philip I of France, 1053–1108
16. Louis VI of France, 1081–1137
17. Louis VII of France, 1120–1180
18. Philip II of France, 1165–1223
19. Louis VIII of France, 1187–1226
20. Louis IX of France, 1215–1270
21. Robert, Count of Clermont, 1256–1317
22. Louis I, Duke of Bourbon, 1279–1342
23. James I, Count of La Marche, 1319–1362
24. John I, Count of La Marche, 1344–1393
25. Louis, Count of Vendôme, 1376–1446
26. Jean VIII, Count of Vendôme, 1428–1478
27. François, Count of Vendôme, 1470–1495
28. Charles de Bourbon, Duke of Vendôme, 1489–1537
29. Antoine of Navarre, 1518–1562
30. Henry IV of France, 1553–1610
31. Louis XIII of France, 1601–1643
32. Louis XIV of France, 1638–1715
33. Louis, Dauphin of France (1661-1711), 1661–1711
34. Philip V of Spain, 1683–1746
35. Philip, Duke of Parma, 1720–1765
36. Ferdinand, Duke of Parma, 1751–1802
37. Louis of Etruria, 1773–1803
38. Charles II, Duke of Parma, 1799–1883
39. Charles III, Duke of Parma, 1823–1854
40. Robert I, Duke of Parma, 1848–1907
41. Felix of Bourbon-Parma, 1893–1970
42. Jean, Grand Duke of Luxembourg, 1921 -
43. Henri, Grand Duke of Luxembourg, 1955 -

Ok? So. Put the games aside. there REALLY is a class of people, europes nobles, who come from a long history of control and power. And theyre also all mystics and they would all be considered what plato called 'philospher kings'. Nowadays people dont pay too much attention to them because weve been duped into believing we live in a democracy. No such thing exists. Even 'democratically' elected leaders are aristocrats with elitist ties (David Cameron who comes from a line of nobles, and whos matriarchial ancestor is King William IV of England). So. Please, do your homework before we start telling stories of how were related to so and so. Youre probably not. And if you are, you were probably a case of illegitmate progeny; as is the case with philanderers like nobles.

Im actually related to a former prime minister of Portugal. Though, clearly i havent reaped any of the benefits of this relationship.

My main point. The nobility, aristocracy, and people with lots of power in business, finance, commerce, media, religion, are typically descended from a long line of forebearers who bequathed such power to them. Sure, new people enter the fold, but theyre not those who wield the greatest power. Theyre just there. Theyre probably bestowed with power and renown to create the impression of a random society where anyone can make it big; no one wants to here the basic truth of the matter; we live in a plutochratic society. Oligrachs have always controlled us.

Even Bill Gates' father was already a tremendously succesful person. And his father was apparently a british noble.

It goes back and back. The actor Jake gyllenhaal and his sister are also nobles with a family crest that goes back to the 1600's. His dads a swedenborgian (mystical christianity). so...We live in a very secretive world, despite what the masons here would like to convey (or in their ignorance believe is not the case).

new topics

top topics

join