It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do rockstars really sell their souls to Satan?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I have heard this urban legend many times but i dont know if it is really true.Do rockstars really sell their souls to Satan for fame,glory,money,talent,women or whatever?Obviously no one can be entirely sure whether or not this actually happens in real life but i am more asking peoples opinions than anything but if you have proof its more than welcome.Also i wonder,do other people besides rockstars do this to?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Well, the decadent life they live in their pursuit of fame and fortune is pretty much evidence of an influence other than a belief in a benevolent higher power.

Most people who seek this lifestyle have very little morals to begin with.

That includes all forms of what this present society calls "entertainment".

Look at all the failed great civilizations that have been on this planet.

They have almost all one thing in common.

People who are nothing more than "entertainers" were considered and treated at a higher level than common people by both the masses and the "ruling" class.

When that becomes the "norm", within a generation those empirical civilizations crumble.

Discourse on virtue and they pass by in droves, whistle and dance the shimmy, and you've got an audience.

Diogenes

[edit on 31-8-2010 by Oneolddude]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
well brother just signed a multi record deal with a very large record company (universal) ...it has taken 4 years to get this point....he would have sold it a long time ago if he could have to speep up the process !!

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I believe that the origin of that story comes from blues legend Robert Johnson who was reported to have sold his soul to the Devil at a crossroads in Mississippi, and was used to account for the fact that he supposedly learned to play the guitar extremely well extremely quickly.

You can read the legend on his wiki page here

[edit on 31-8-2010 by davespanners]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Your information is way out of date!

These days it's all moved into the derivative, rent to own with a purchase option, leveraged on a variable rate - sort of arrangement.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I love that idea!

The devil doesn't own my soul he simply is entitled – but not obliged – to buy or sell the underlying asset of my soul at a predetermined price sometime in the future.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Some rock stars and movie stars claim to be possessed during their performance. When their songs are played backward, you can hear the word "Satan" in them too. Check out these documentaries I found that present some disturbing and compelling evidence that many rock stars have some kind of pact with the devil or association with it through a secret satanic society:

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Apparently, Maynard did.

-TheAssoc.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

Good song. My all time favorite Tool video though is Sober. I will never forget seeing in on Bevis and Butthead for the first time.

As for artists selling their souls, I am not sure that they literally do that simply because their soul does not belong to them to start with.

In the business sense, I would say they more than sell just their souls. As someone else pointed out those who strive for the most fame, money, and precious belongings are not the most moral. So in a sense one could say that many of them do sell their souls.

Raist

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAssociate
Apparently, Maynard did. -TheAssoc.
Haha! MJK is AWESOME! If he is in league with the big horned one, they certainly know how to rock the freaking sock..s

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I do not know about selling their soul but how about a little temptation?

Even if you are not digging the music completely you should watch the video until the end.

Raist

new topics

top topics

join