It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theodore Roosevelt’s Bigfoot Story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   

This is an excerpt from Theodore Roosevelt’s 1893 book, The Wilderness Hunter. In this excerpt he wrote about a Sasquatch encounter near the Salmon River in Idaho.

Story

U.S. President and famed outdoor adventurer, Theodore (Teddy) Roosevelt had heard of a phenomenal Bigfoot attack and so wrote about it in his book, The Wilderness Hunter in 1893. Teddy Roosevelt shares his Bigfoot tale about a German fur trapper he calls "Bauman" who was trapping with a friend near the Salmon River in the Bitterroot Mountains (somewhere between Idaho and Montana). Did they encounter Bigfoot? The description is uncanny to today's Bigfoot sightings.

Story

Teddy Roosevelt never wrote or spoke of seeing Bigfoot himself but he did relate an account of someone else. In 1892, a German fur trapper by the name of Bauman was hunting with a friend around a section of the Salmon River in the Bitterroot Mountains between the state of Idaho and Montana. Their encounter with Bigfoot was recorded in a book (The Wilderness Hunter) by Teddy Roosevelt.

Story

So a former President of the United States was apparently a believer in Bigfoot. He writes a story about an incident of a German fur trapper named Bauman. Its an interesting story to say the least and it reads just like some of the current bigfoot stories these days.

Thoughts?

[edit on 31-8-2010 by -Blackout-]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Wow, that's a pretty fascinating account. Roosevelt does give a small disclaimer at the beginning of his story, saying that the frontiersman may have allowed his superstitions to embellish his memory of it... but nonetheless it's really a gripping recollection.

The way they mention the horrible wild-beast stench, and the fact that it must have walked on two legs, is very reminiscent of contemporary bigfoot sightings. However the main difference is the violence of the creature - this story resulted in a death.

I wonder if anyone ever tried to track down that frontiersman to get more info?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I'm not entirely sure the maker of this video was too impressed by the tale.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat
I'm not entirely sure the maker of this video was too impressed by the tale.

that couldnt have been more idiotic,

what was their point to mocking and laughing at a deceased past president? just for fun?

hard to believe people find such disrespect fun,

kinda seems like the fact that the man is dead takes all the fun out of it.

if they werent such insignificant people who i'll have forgoten in a day or two, then i'd be more then happy to make a filmed mockery of their own life experiences once they too have died.

thx OP for posting roosevelts story, i heard this on the radio last night and had not known of it before.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
This story mentions the man having fang marks on his throat. I was under the understanding that bigfoot does not have fangs, so I'm kindof skeptical of this story.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by trollz

i'm far for being even close to seeing bigfoot, but i didn't hear a story of someone getting so close to the thing to see its teeth.

if bigfoot is some kind of primate it should have large canines, so there are your fangs.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by trollz

Unless there is more than one kind of "Bigfoot"

We dont know anything about Bigfoot to really say something one way or another about the creature.

new topics

top topics

join