It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Reptiles Verily descend....Sumerian Tablet excerpt...?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
This is a question rather than a discussion...I wouldn't bother posting if I hadn't exhausted my own searching. I am wondering if anyone here has come across this apparant excerpt in any translation of the sumerian tablets....it does not come from Sitchin, who does not subscribe to the view of the Annunaki being reptilian.

According to page 61 of the book FLYING SERPENTS AND DRAGONS by the late R A BOULAY...one of the oldest fragments from the sumerian tablets says :

"The reptiles verily descend. The earth is resplendent as a

well-watered garden. At that time Enki and Eridu had not appeared.

Daylight did not shine, moonlight had not emerged."

When I google line one the only references that appear are quoting Boulay. There was mention of it by David Icke in Tales from the Time Loop but he was just quoting Boulay too. Boulay never provides a source for this excerpt so I've no idea what tablet it is on or indeed if it is even there for real .

Can anyone help as this is such a tantalizing bit of information and it's really frustrating not knowing if it appears for real in any sumerian tablet.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

I suspect it has been eradicated from history by TPTB and locked into either the vaults at the vatican or Zahi Hawass's private safe at one of his houses.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Boulay was a cryptologist and intelligence reporter, not a linguist. If he is quoting some translation of a tablet then he must have seen it written down in some other book or paper but does not quote his source. If the tablet really said this you'd expect to find reference to it directly in other works yet absolutely nothing is returned in online search results bar Boulay's own quotation. And we can't ask him as he's dead.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

He has essayed the first edition of an
enigmatic fragment from pre-Sargonic Lagas
variously described as a hymn to Sun or a lamen-
tation over the destruction of Lagas but which
is in fact one of the oldest pieces of Sumerian
mythology, if not the oldest, yet known.
Paraphrasing his translation, we read:

The reptiles verily descend
The earth verily makes its ... (breast?) appear
resplendent
It is the garden, it is the foundation-terrace
(Which) the earth-hole for its part fills with
water
An (Heaven) is the lord, he is stationed like a
young hero
Heaven and Earth cry out together
At that time Enki and Eridu had not appeared
Enlil did not exist
Ninlil did not exist
Brightness was dust
Vegetation was dust
The daylight did not shine
The moonlight did not emerge.

www.jstor.org...

Edit: Because I copied the passage incorrectly and left out parts of it. It is indeed the same passage.

Oh, and it's on the bottom of page 65 and the top of page 66.

[edit on 29-8-2010 by misterglad]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
So maybe dinosaur bones are from the reptiles that descend.

I used to really get into the Sumeria stuff.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicpixie
This is a question rather than a discussion...I wouldn't bother posting if I hadn't exhausted my own searching. I am wondering if anyone here has come across this apparant excerpt in any translation of the sumerian tablets....it does not come from Sitchin, who does not subscribe to the view of the Annunaki being reptilian.

According to page 61 of the book FLYING SERPENTS AND DRAGONS by the late R A BOULAY...one of the oldest fragments from the sumerian tablets says :

"The reptiles verily descend. The earth is resplendent as a

well-watered garden. At that time Enki and Eridu had not appeared.

Daylight did not shine, moonlight had not emerged."

When I google line one the only references that appear are quoting Boulay. There was mention of it by David Icke in Tales from the Time Loop but he was just quoting Boulay too. Boulay never provides a source for this excerpt so I've no idea what tablet it is on or indeed if it is even there for real .

Can anyone help as this is such a tantalizing bit of information and it's really frustrating not knowing if it appears for real in any sumerian tablet.

I think you answered your own question. Much as Bram Stoker is the only source for much of vampire lore, Boulay is the only source for this.

If you really want to educate yourself on the Sumerians I recommend The Harps that Once...

It will give you a much better understanding of their literary devices and their cultural metaphors.

Without it, your just being led by modern sensationalists.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Except she didn't answer her own question and Boulay IS NOT the only source. I posted the actual source above as it appeared on JSTOR, a database of scholarly articles that is commonly used at universities.

Source:

"Antediluvian Cities"
William W. Hallo
Journal of Cuneiform Studies
Vol. 23, No. 3 (1971), pp. 57-67

Clearer?

That aside, I think your book recommendation might be an interesting and informative read for someone desiring to read more Sumerian literature in translation.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I believe at one time, the Sun was not in our solar system, contrary to what many scientist like to believe. I think the sun is like some kind of ship for the Niburians, that is how they arrived here. I know it sounds crazy, but they have crafts that can shield themselves by using the sun as a cloaking agent.

Think about it, every religious text starts with, Light. "Let there be light". What if the snakes from The Ocean and inner Earth were happy and fine without the light and aliens landing to alter their Dna? Do you really need light when you're a black snake in the deep sea? No, do you really need light when you've got two suns inside our planet's home? NO. The sun does not belong in this solar system.

Point and laugh if you want, but it's true.

[edit on 29-8-2010 by leira7]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by misterglad

thanks so much for that...however, I cannot access the page...for some reason it's telling me PERMISSION DENIED. Most frustrating !

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Oh, sorry about that; the website requires registration to download the file..

Let me link you to it through another source:

www.scribd.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
i, myself, am very into the Sumerian tales and myths and think they aren't Myths at all, but stories of the truth. The reptiles descending is just what it says........... we need more answers to these questions and every time i turn a new leaf on this subject, more doubts arise. An=Heaven is interesting if you surplant, in the Bible, An for Heaven. Things start to make sense....

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
The information is pretty clearly adding up. There WILL be some sort of physical Earth changing event. And there WILL be arrival of another species. Although you have to do a lot of your own adding to figure this out, it is pretty obvious with the amount of history pertaining to it. Remember that you already know 1 + 1 = 2. You don't need someone to debunk that fact because you studied it and believed it.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
considering how religions are astrology rehashed - i think its more possible that enki and enlil were celestial bodies. anyone have any germane thoughts?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by leira7

Interesting concept, actually. How'd you come to that conclusion? Any sources, maybe something you read, or some research you've done? I'd really like to look into that one!

top topics

join