It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Hero and sixth man to walk on the Moon comes clean

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by rajaten
It may come as a surprise to you but I do not take your recommendations as being worth my time.

Instead of actually looking beyond simple sound bites , exaggerated claims about people and purposeful misinterpretations about what these people say, you would rather wallow in ignorance.

What utter closed-minded idiocy.

MMN is speaking of facts, not personal opinion, and the facts are not in dispute. Hellyer is not speaking as an official representative of the Canadian government; by his own admission he learned nothing about the subject while serving as Defense Minister; and by his own admission everything he believes about the subject comes from watching the Peter Jennings UFO special, The Day After Roswell and a suspicious anecdote involving a loose-lipped US Air Force General. If you think the facts are in dispute, by all means, show us where we are wrong.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

Would you have the cajonez to get up on that stage and put your life on the line for something you believe in??

Their lives are not in the least amount of danger.

Arent they ?

shuttle disasters , radiation from space , solar flares, rogue meteorites , none of these pose a threat to their lives ?

Oh you forgot about the alien moon base and their giant lasers

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
As you are aware, I've previously reviewed your Cooper material in detail.

As do you, I wish people would stop being disrespectful to Cooper by exaggerating & misrepresenting his claims.

To bring the discussion back towards the title of the thread, I've repeatedly asked Ed Mitchell for his recollection of the UFO stories Cooper told him when they served together in the Apollo program. They worked VERY closely as members of the Apollo-10 backup crew, before Cooper was removed from consideration for a future lunar mission for inadequate attention to his training. He left NASA in a huff soon afterwards, eventually to sell shares in bogus aerospace development schemes that lost everybody's money and put some of the princiles in jail, and NASA continued the 'Right Stuff' mythmaking about him anyway, for its own purposes.

Dr. Mitchell has repeatedly declined to provide this information.

My interest is based on my observation that Cooper's stories seem to have evolved markedly over time, with a scary weather balloon encounter over Germany (as he FIRST told it) becoming a much sexier 'fleets of UFOs' encounter that not a single one of his teammates remembers -- nobody but him. A story he heard third-hand while at Edwards AFB, and another story he told about a UFO landing in Florida, merged into a story of HIMSELF in charge of cameramen [who when asked were positive they never even MET him] who captured a landing disk in California, with film that HE himself personally inspected.

Mitchell could help document and clear up that process, but he will not do so -- for motivations we can only speculate about.

Edit add: link to my Cooper research:
www.jamesoberg.com...

[edit on 2-9-2010 by JimOberg]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by sapien82
shuttle disasters , radiation from space , solar flares, rogue meteorites , none of these pose a threat to their lives ?

Wow...you just completely twisted what I was saying. The claim was that getting on stage to voice their beliefs was somehow endangering their lives.

Why is it UFO believers feel the need to misquote, misinterpret and outright lie to support their beliefs?

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
The most famous Gordon Cooper story that I recall was about the one that landed on the dry lake bed at Edward's AFB in 1957. He said that they filmed it and that he actually handed the film off to a courier from Washington, while glancing at a few frames.

I've heard that same story from time to time over the years, and how UFO researchers have been trying to get the film and audio tapes from this event through FOIA.

Isn't this the same incident in which someone actually did get some audio tapes but they all came back scrambled? I vaguely recall listening to those at some point in the past, with people on those saying, more or less, "Holy cow! What's that thing out there?'

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Jim -- it's you!
why should you're so humble to ans my questions?

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SarK0Y
reply to post by JimOberg

Jim -- it's you!
why should you're so humble to ans my questions?

Sorry, it's not humility (as folks around here will vouch for), it's shortness of time. But whenever the stories from Gordo come up, I swoop in to assess the current state of the myths.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by witness63
The most famous Gordon Cooper story that I recall was about the one that landed on the dry lake bed at Edward's AFB in 1957.

Witness63.....

As per many "astronaut" stories, that story has been overstated & misrepresented.

That "event" was explained in prosaic terms & Cooper later backed away from that story.

You might find it interesting to read the posts by JimOberg & myself as posted during the past day:

Maybe…maybe not Cooper Post

JimOberg Cooper Post

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by sapien82

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

Would you have the cajonez to get up on that stage and put your life on the line for something you believe in??

Their lives are not in the least amount of danger.

Arent they ? shuttle disasters , radiation from space , solar flares, rogue meteorites , none of these pose a threat to their lives ? Oh you forgot about the alien moon base and their giant lasers

Sapien82.....

If you persit with that level of sarcasm, you shall start to get yourself in trouble around here like I do!

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

PS It was an 8 out of 10 effort!

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

Hey man you dont have to be so defensive , I misinterpreted what rajaten said about the stage!

I thought he meant the stage as in the profession of being an astronaut , not actually a stage to address and audience.

I dont need to lie or flip quotes or statements to support my belief , I just believe in UFO's and aliens simply because of the sheer size of the universe and the diversity of life on earth. Not because of pictures of discs or crop circles or testimony of witnesses from abduction cases.

I see this every day on ATS its like alot of members on here think this site is all about 1up manship , to basically see who has the best debating skills or who grasps the english langauge better or who knows more in depth detail about a particular subject.

Alot of people need to drop the attitude and just have a discussion without getting their ego's bruised. Just before you take this personally , DONT its not aimed at you. It just a general observation.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by lestweforget
reply to post by Ben81

Do you guys hear yourselves? You trekkies have lost what little plot
you may or may not have once had! Greys, realistic holograms, V series
stargate come on..... really?

It makes you wonder what they are smoking/drinking?

It never ceases to amaze me what people are willing to believe and yet consider what the Bible teaches about Satan, demons, Jesus' return, Judgment Day, heaven, and hell to be unbelievable.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Hi MMN,

I have a few questions for you

take it like a interview lol

What are your beleifs concerning aliens...

Did you ever saw a UFO in you life ?
do you beleive they exist (aliens) ?
do you beleive they have bases and huge ships on the moon ?
do you beleive our gov already made contact with them ?
do you beleive our gov know something more than it admit ?
do you beleive the astronauts to be credibles ?
do you beleive our missing link in evolution is Alien DNA ?
do you beleive that aliens visited us thousand of years ago ?
do you beleive we have really set foot on the moon ?

and who really build those massive pyramids ?
there is no way the egyptians could have constructed those alone
perfectly alligned with the Orion constellation

Many expert said they CANT reproduce those stones..
even with our advanced technologies today ..
we would have difficulties creating a perfect replica ..

I start with ..
The Puma Punku Stone:

But this one is FAR MORE AMAZING:
The Sitchin Stone in Lebanon

a perfect rectangular stone weighting 1200 tuns

The picture below, published on his personal website, shows his followers lined up before the Hajar al-Hibla, or “The Stone the Pregnant Woman,” in an ancient Roman quarry just outside the crumbling walls of Baalbek. The stone, only partially hewn from the rock surrounding it, weighs in at a phenomenal 1,211 tons. It is the largest stone block in the world, much larger than those used to build the pyramids in Egypt.

Alford and Stichin believe that Baalbek belongs on a list of mysterious wonders like Stonehenge and the Colossus of Rhodes – not because it is a tribute to human ingenuity – but rather the opposite. They do not believe that humankind, long masters of this planet, could have performed an engineering feat of this magnitude.

Ergo, it must have been aliens or a lost race of superhumans.

Baalbek Hijacked
Stories of aliens steal credit for the ancient city

[edit on 9/2/2010 by Ben81]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Ben81.....

take it like a interview

Now that’s better…..communication!

This must be my week for ATS interviews…..I just completed one with JohnnyAnonymous for this week’s ATS Live shows.

I'll grab a coffee & knock up a reply for you

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

I went myself to one 2 days ago

everyone is having interview this week ahahah

Thank you for taking your time to reply me
its always very much appreciated

with a coffee you will be more confortable thats for sure

i have no coffee but i just cooked some spagh to eat
i think i will bring it here

and splash sauce on my keyboard

I wanted to push more the thread topic
some people still denied the existance of E,T's
we need a data base facts reference guide in the first place
so it can increase people chances to actually beleive in the main topic
talking about astronauts who saw UFO
i have taken a step to increase the credibility of all their statements
if you dont beleive in those stones .. and in the pyramid alien theory
you will have trouble beleiving in the astronauts

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Ben Rich Lockheed Skunk Works CEO had admitted in his Deathbed Confession that Extraterrestrial UFO visitors are real and U.S. Military travel to stars.

According to article published in May 2010 issue of the Mufon UFO Journal - Ben Rich, the “Father of the Stealth Fighter-Bomber” and former head of Lockheed Skunk Works, once let out information about Extraterrestrial UFO Visitors Are Real And U.S. Military Travel To Stars

Thats a amazing statement coming from a ex Lockheed CEO
its similar to the astronauts quotes...
they are growing older and they dont want to be RIP before they can talk about a old secret they had to cover up all their lifes

Another thumb up

Courageous and very selfless to finally reveal the truth
they know whatever they release.. it wont create panic like their though in the past.. the main reason NOT to reveal anything concernet Aliens ..

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Ben81…..

take it like a interview

”Ben81 puts on his best Johnny Anonymous voice”

”Maybe…maybe not puts in a bit more hair gel & he’s looking goooood!”

I believe that life exists beyond Earth.

I believe it is possible that aliens visit Earth.

However, I have seen no proof of it.

I experienced a sighting of an “unknown” quite some years ago. I note I discussed that on ATS Live a few weeks ago.

The “unknown” was in the nature of an “orb” type sighting. The “unknown” was quite close, however the viewing conditions were difficult & the sighting was brief. Therefore it’s very difficult to be definitive about it.

I also note that a close previously extremely hard line skeptic member of my family experienced a very detailed sighting of a saucer-like craft. He had a credible witness with him at the time.

I believe that life exists beyond Earth.

I am not completely close-minded to that possibility.

I think the term ”our gov” is a little obtuse. However, for my answer, I will interpret it in its common usage in the context of this subject.

I think that some governments have more material than others, which by definition means that some governments will know more than others.

As a subset of that comment, I believe not all government material & opinion has been made available to “us”.

Well yes…..

BUT!

It is extremely important that you view my ”yes” through the prism of the massive exaggeration & misrepresentation of the astronaut’s statements pertaining to aliens & UFOs.

In the context of my reading of many of the Von Daniken books & other such material which really did not withstand any level of scrutiny…..

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 2-9-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

”Ben81 puts on his best Johnny Anonymous voice”
”Maybe…maybe not puts in a bit more hair gel & he’s looking goooood!”

Hilarious

great intro lol

after reading all your answers
i dont see any disagreement between each others

Even the speculation part about huge bases and space ships on the moon
its impossible for me to 100% agree that they are there
massing something up ... or just watching us
but coming from old very credible astronauts our ex defense minister and now a ex lockheed CEO..
i have second looked the speculations of the alien moon bases
on the dark side of the moon to be more credible than before
nice spot they picked on the moon by the way
since it never turn on itself

coincidence, signs, or even the fact that the moon dont 360
i have accumulated everything in my head
for a long time ...
now i beleive the chance that they exist and they are possibly on the moon
are 80% high
before i was more 50/50
skeptic and open minded
now it is just obvious i know the alien are real
im i panicking ? no .. and never will i
thinking aliens do exist and that they possibly have huge bases on the moons
is a really exciting thoughs

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by CharlesMartel

Originally posted by lestweforget
reply to post by Ben81

Do you guys hear yourselves? You trekkies have lost what little plot
you may or may not have once had! Greys, realistic holograms, V series
stargate come on..... really?

It makes you wonder what they are smoking/drinking?

It never ceases to amaze me what people are willing to believe and yet consider what the Bible teaches about Satan, demons, Jesus' return, Judgment Day, heaven, and hell to be unbelievable.

Why should you be amazed at what people believe? It's a given that gullibility is a human trait like no other. The bible was written by and for jews, how does it and its contents have any relationship outside of Israel? Satan? Man-made. Demons? Man-made. Jesus? Man-made therefore no return. Judgment Day? Man-made. Heaven? Man-made. Hell? Man-made. In short, all unbelievable. Yet billions believe in such. Shows to go you.

[edit on 2-9-2010 by The Shrike]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Hello again MMN,

Following the promise I did to get back to you about the sources and links you provided regarding Buzz Aldrin.

I have read what you have linked. M. Oberg's research and analysis is quite conclusive regarding events that are shall we say "far fetched". It can only be highly recommended.

The impression I got from listening to the interview from AJ is as follows:

M. Aldrin states that he doesn't believe in extraterrestrials in our solar system and beyond. I have listened to it multiple times and I noticed that he "chooses" his words carefully. Very carefully.

Problem is, he could choose his words carefully in a purpose of not being misinterpreted, or misstated. But it could also mean that he doesn't want to divulge and is being very careful at what he states. For reasons that would only be known from himself.

But his intonation of voice, his mild laughter at "creatures" and "pyramids" has forged my opinion in the fact that he does NOT believe.

Yet again, it is my opinion and, as always, I could be wrong. One thing is clearly a fact, the man's got one helluva punch !

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

take it like a interview lol

Oh! Can I play too?

Ah hell, it's easier to ask forgiveness than permission right?

Yes, twice.

Absolutely.

No.

No.

Both of those answers carry the caveat of "based on the evidence" and notwithstanding any new evidence that comes to light,

In regards to UFOs, yes. In regards to aliens, no. From what I have seen, I think there is a UFO cover-up that has nothing to do with aliens.

Yes; however, no astronaut claims to have first-hand knowledge of aliens visiting the Earth, it is a matter of personal belief.

No.

No. Those perpetuating such beliefs themselves have little in the way of any archaeological, historical or anthropological training or studying. They are clumsy and fumbling.

do you beleive we have really set foot on the moon ?

Yes.

and who really build those massive pyramids ?

Egyptians.

there is no way the egyptians could have constructed those alone
perfectly alligned with the Orion constellation

They didn't. That is a myth.

Many expert said they CANT reproduce those stones..

What expert? Can you quote a single reputable mainstream archaeologist who says that?

But this one is FAR MORE AMAZING:
The Sitchin Stone in Lebanon

The Sitchin Stone? That's an interesting name for it. That charlatan certainly didn't discover it.

The Romans built it, by the by.

And, like MMN, I'm also available for interviews...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b8e7f0b37f4c.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 2-9-2010 by DoomsdayRex]

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join