It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proofs Of God(s)/ Reasons To Believe In One

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
It's pretty simple. There's no proof that the bible is anything but a book. Sure there could be a god? i'm not saying there isn't. But IF there is a god, then it has absolutely nothing to do with the bible or any of these other religions. They are all human systems. There's no hell and there's no heaven

www.youtube.com...

This bishop speaks the truth when it comes to religion.

Personally i do not believe in a god, but i accept if people do, as long as they don't follow any religion. I hate religion with a passion, and i spend hours every day debunking it. Religion is a terrible terrible thing, the thought of a god isn't.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Jesusthe2nd

While most churches are nothing more than legal extortion centers; Religion in itself is not a bad thing.. I have seen people with nothing to live for do things with their lives because in their belief in their religion...

The people that exploit it are the ones that give it a bad name, but they mostly preach to be a good person, and if one person has helped another because of that book than who are we to say it shouldnt exist?

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by squirelnutz
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Ok i look at it this way:

Something greater than us had to have created us..

Questions:
Why? Why did something have to have created us?
Who? Created this thing that created us?
Where? Where is the evidence for it?

No matter how you slice it, we were created by something...

Unless you slice it scientifically, then you don't have to be 'created', you can arise naturally. And that sort of has a lot of evidence in support of it.

We will never truly find out what is beyond this world until we are dead, so its better to have faith in something other than nothing...

Pascal's wager. The problem is that belief only works if you're sincere in faith.

And we don't know if what's beyond this world is even conceived of in our religions.

I think the core of most religions is correct; hence the similarities in all religion.

The core being ridiculous unsupported claims?

But, I highly doubt Religion is an explanation to our existence... They are basically just guidelines to being a good person (this is hidden in the perversions e.g. Submission through Fear, Legal Extortion).. Religion is a great thing for some people, but SCIENTIFICALLY nonfactual..

...as is theism.

With that said, I don't think our "God" or "Creator" is benevolent or evil; i just think it's got better things to do, he did give us brains, to solve our own problems... He's (or she) got intricate trees and rainforests and all sorts of other cool # to deal with; and that's just on this planet...

Well, that wouldn't be a problem for a being that can create a universe. An all-powerful being would be able to give the same level of attention to every single particle in the universe.

I think that believing in religion is Naive but being a complete atheist is just ignorant

...Why is it ignorant?

You've provided nothing but unsupported personal opinions and then an attack on me for not agreeing with unsupported personal beliefs.

There is no evidence, proof, or reason to believe in a deity. Until it is provided, I'm not believing in any of them.

That's not ignorant, it's downright scientific.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I apologize for my post sounding like an attack, it wasn't meant to be one..

I was just stating personal beliefs with no proof but i just find it hard to believe that once we are done, were done..
We are so unique and intricate that this can't be the only life there is... What about someone that reaches their potential or truly realizes and understands life, but gets hit by a car and dies..

Or, the man that makes millions of dollars at the expense of others, exploiting their lives to live comfortably and living in denial, never truly paying for what they caused, is there no cosmic court that judge them?

And thats what i believe, not any formed religion.. I don't even know if it was one creator.. What if we are reincarnated until we learn what were supposed to and then we become Gods ourselves and this is school.. We learn patience, love, and all that, and once we have all the tools, we are able to be in control of our own planet..

But, you are correct, I have no evidence to support this, just a belief that theres more than this.. Maybe, it's just an ego thing where i need to believe that we are special, when we really are just organisms....

The similarities in religion i was referring to was just the basics: We were created by something, there is something greater than ourselves, and there are certain things that'll make our lives better and more fulfilling and then they set out how THEY thought being a good person would be (doesn't necessarily mean it's correct e.g. Intolerance and Hatred towards Differences)

I would like some more evidence on the proof of arising naturally, not doubting, just curious.. I believe that we started as organisms and evolved but something set that chain of events into place..

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join