It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real fairy caught on tape?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by _SilentAssassin_

Honestly...

It could just be a couple of dragonflies mating...

with arms...i guess...

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by _SilentAssassin_
reply to post by stars15k

Cottingley fairies.

That's really cool, I never heard of that. I just did sum research thx!

SilentAssassin.....

Unfortunately, they admitted that was a hoax.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove

Honestly...

It could just be a couple of dragonflies mating...

with arms...i guess...

Baddmove.....

It doesn't look very exciting.....

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
im off to bed...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz idk y i come to this site

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Well made, but still its only CGI.
I love when people say theyve seen extra dimensional beings or know what they look like, or should look like.

I dont think they realize we can only perceive 4 dimensions and we cannot and will never beable to see into other dimensions with our physical bodies. we just are not built that way.

the same reason why we can only see a small fraction in the wavelength of light.

it would make more sense to say these are beings from outside our perception (not extra dimensional)

if this was the spectrum of light

this is how much we perceive of it with the naked eye

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Those who say CGI explain HOW it was done please? If you've ever tried to make videos, you'd know that it is very difficult to blend in two videos or video and pictures to make it look perfectly like that, and require specialized software that most haven't even heard of. Simply put, only a pro would be able to make it look like a "CGI," and I highly doubt that guy is.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Well I would love to see someone attempt to debunk this one!

I took this picture myself of not one but count them four obvious faries at a lake bank!

As you can see they were very friendly too, not shy at all, and very happy to have me take their pictures!

Yes faries are real!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/247ab666e4f2.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
No matter what it is, I am sure that the makers of this video set it up. No one could have seen that on the inside branch of the tree while just casually strolling around with the kids, the filmer walked right around to it, he knew what he was going to film. Faked.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet
No matter what it is, I am sure that the makers of this video set it up. No one could have seen that on the inside branch of the tree while just casually strolling around with the kids, the filmer walked right around to it, he knew what he was going to film. Faked.

As my own photos display, yes faries are real, these amazing fairy pictures were captured on my cell phone, 3 years ago one fine spring afternoon, when the faries were congregating in the afternoon sunlight by the water's edge.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3c78a9f6d790.jpg[/atsimg]

Now how do I know they are real faries?

Very easy because they were wearing boots!

[edit on 29/8/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
my vote goes for CGI. you can see a 'break' in the video at 1:30.

and the boy acts like future hooligan so my guess we'll see some more of his 'fairy hunting' videos in a few years.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

btw, amazing shot! where was this taken? i would like to go out there and catch me a fairy

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ellroy
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

btw, amazing shot! where was this taken? i would like to go out there and catch me a fairy

Quiet Waters Park in Pompano Beach Florida. Those particular fairies had lit at that spot as part of the annual travelling renaissance fair that takes up residence for a month once a year.

They pose for pictures and videos for cash tips, proving that fairies are capitalist and there boyfriends are typically poor and make them work.

[edit on 29/8/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
That was hilarious.

All the children (and even the adult cameraman?) just ran away like they saw a 20ft Demon and not some two-inch "fairy-bug".

What was so frightening, again?

Of course, this was CGI, so they all ran away for absolutely no real reason other than to make a good hoax video.

Still...it could be some sort of advertisement for the SY-FY channel that someone is passing off as the real thing.

Happened before, will happen again.

- Lee

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by stars15k
This looks as real as the photos of the Cottingley fairies.
With a dash of Guillermo Del Toro's Pan's Labyrinth.

I think the best part of this thread is that someone could think for even a moment it might be real.
Unless the moon is in the seventh house and Jupiter is aligned with Mars.

There have been countless people throughout history who have been so sure of their safe world and would speak as you do, me included, that is, until something like this, or equally as disconserting will shatter your reality...

Maybe it just hasn't happened to you yet
When your time comes for something like this to happen to you, you can remember this post

This video , if it is CGI it seems to be a pretty good job...The lighting perfectly matches the background and the daylight.. Their reaction did not seem suspect to me..

Obviously the smart thing is to assume it is fake just so the whole world doesn't blacklist you

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Bloomin fairies causing mischief again!!!

it would be kinda neat to find a fairylike creature, but if they do exist, they do one hell of a good job in keeping hidden from most of the world..

Although legend and folklore has elements of truth into them, it was explained that fairies = fireflies and other such documented things...I would find it difficult to believe actual disneyesque fairys exist..not impossible mind you, the world is a big and odd place, but would find that to be quite mindblowing..not unlike finding a elf or a unicorn.

Anyhow, the video...it is a very cool video...but its just that...a youtube video in the days when seeing is not believing...

I think its a pretty well made CGI. I say that not for any fatal flaw made, but because...its a film of a fairy...!!!

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by np6888

Np6888.....

Those who say CGI explain HOW it was done please?

Umm.....

With CGI?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   

The 5th Dimension must be imaginationland... at least they didn't have to sing that long boring song to get in

Looks CGI to me... honestly I wish hoaxers would rely more on practical effects, I loves me some practical effects... Not bad though, as hoaxes go

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by np6888
Those who say CGI explain HOW it was done please?

Simply put, only a pro would be able to make it look like a "CGI," and I highly doubt that guy is.

What "guy" would that be exactly?

The "anonymous Youtube poster" that we all know so well?

Oh right...you don't know if he was an actor working with a team of people or even who the "guy" actually is.

By the way, you may want to look through the Hoax Forum.
Lots of CGI stuff in there passed off as an innocuous and mysterious videos.

It might just blow your mind.

- Lee

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
So obvious that it was a fake. The "dragondude" was crisper than the video quality.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by np6888
Those who say CGI explain HOW it was done please? If you've ever tried to make videos, you'd know that it is very difficult to blend in two videos or video and pictures to make it look perfectly like that, and require specialized software that most haven't even heard of. Simply put, only a pro would be able to make it look like a "CGI," and I highly doubt that guy is.

VFX artists regularly make show reel pieces that they don't even use other than for perhaps their show reel. You have to have this experience before moving into a proper job.

If you think that faery is real, check out VFXtalk.com and half the crap we do there just for the giggles and to sharpen skills. Student reals from the Lost Boys school actually look better than the shot demonstrated here. Also this shot is low resolution which can hide mistakes such as the awkward shadows.

Specialized software is *much* easier to find these days ... synth eyes ... boujou ... after effects ... nuke ... toxic ... all available to your average persons for download with cheap academic licenses.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join