It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's not anti-american!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Here is just a small list of nations America has helpd bring democracy too over the last half centuary. While it is true these nations saw some of there most brutal and bloody conflicts from acts of terrorism, assassinations, coups, revolution and all out wars. The fact America was engaged in military intervention during those precise times is total coincidence and does not in anyway tarnish Americas far reaching and noble foreign policy agenda. Any true patriot and scholar of world history will hopefuly back me up concerning this topic. Please note i have also excluded the few dozen major political assassinations of foreign state officials carried out by America over the years as i am sure anyone, like myself who has chosen to deny ignorance will be aware of each and every one and how pertinant to the survival of democracy these killings were, so i shall not bother pointing out the obvious.

1. China - 1945 to 1960s
2. Italy - 1947-1948
3. Greece - 1947 to early 1950
4. The Philippines - 1940s and 1950s
5. Korea - 1945-1953
6. Albania - 1949-1953
7. Eastern Europe - 1948-1956
8. Germany - 1950s
9. Iran - 1953
10. Guatemala - 1953-1954
11. Costa Rica - Mid-1950s
12. Syria - 1956-1957
13. Middle East - 1957-1958
14. Indonesia - 1957-1958
15. Western Europe - 1950s and 1960s
16. British Guiana - 1953-1964
17. Soviet Union - Late 1940s to 1960s
18. Italy - 1950s to 1970s
19. Vietnam - 1950-1973
20. Cambodia - 1955-1973
21. Laos - 1957-1973
22. Haiti - 1959-1963
23. Guatemala - 1960
24. France/Algeria - 1960s
25. Ecuador - 1960-1963
26. The Congo - 1960-1964
27. Brazil - 1961-1964
28. Peru - 1960-1965
29. Dominican Republic - 1960-1966
30. Cuba - 1959 to 1980s
31. Indonesia - 1965 - East Timor - 1975
32. Ghana - 1966
33. Uruguay - 1964-1970
34. Chile - 1964-1973
35. Greece - 1964-1974
36. Bolivia - 1964-1975
37. Guatemala - 1962 to 1980s
38. Costa Rica - 1970-1971
39. Iraq - 1972-1975
40. Australia - 1973-1975
41. Angola - 1975 to 1980s
42. Zaire - 1975-1978
43. Jamaica - 1976-1980
44. Seychelles - 1979-1981
45. Grenada - 1979-1984
46. Morocco - 1983
47. Suriname - 1982-1984
48. Libya - 1981-1989
49. Nicaragua - 1981-1990
50. Panama - 1969-1991
51. Bulgaria 1990/Albania 1991
52. Iraq - 1990-1991: Desert holocaust
53. Afghanistan - 1979-1992
54. El Salvador - 1980-1994
55. Haiti - 1986-1994

[edit on 28-8-2010 by Johnze]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnze

Good post. Valid points. IMO you can hide behind democracy all you want but sacrificing innocent individuals basic rights for the good of the whole sounds more like somthing that belongs in a communist regime.

[edit on 28-8-2010 by byteshertz]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by byteshertz

Murdering innocents and denial of basic human rights can happen under any form of political system. EVEN DEMOCRACY, get what im saying?

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnze

Yeah mate, very true and I will even give you a star for it because I hear what you are saying and see it from your point of view too. But I am a firm believer that change for the better can not happen if we just accept wrong doings. No matter if it is for the right or wrong reasons, as said earlier it is just going to lead to more bloodshed. I also agree with poster who earlier said it needs to continue due to financial reasons. I fear this is very true too. In which case we have a situation of a litteral fight of survival which raises the stakes. I don't know the answers and could be stubborn and stick to my views, but feel we need more information on the real financial position of America for drawing conclusions - but dont see that happening in a hurry.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by byteshertz
America the reason the world singles you out is because your actions effect ALL of us.

Are you talking about the actions of the American people or the actions of the foreign hijacked criminal federal government that are unbeknownst to the majority of American people because of the multibillion-dollar corporate/state media lying about everything and not informing the American people as to what is really going on?

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Johnze

What is the deal with you people and the quote "murdering innocent civilians" anytime Aghanistan and Iraq are brought up?? Iraq and Afghanistan have had THE FEWEST civilian casualties of ANY U.S. war that lasted over a period of a year!!! And those civilian casuality totals that you read about are ALSO from the terrorists and insurgents killing civilians as well..... They can even technically label the Taliban and insurgents as civilians because they aren't not military.... They also like to strip down sites that have been hit by UAVs (meaning taking all weapons and alive personnel left) So then it looks like we killed a bunch of civilians.... ITS CALLED PROPAGANDA that is ALL they have against us and most of you are falling into their lies... It's rather sad.

We are not running around just killing people... ROE downrange in Iraq and Afghanistan are do not engage unless engaged first or if they are engaging civilians then we can engage. You sad, sad people need to get your head out of the internet and the propaganda books.... You have no freaking clue what is really going on downrange.... So stop acting like you do!!!!

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reign02
reply to post by Johnze

What is the deal with you people and the quote "murdering innocent civilians" anytime Aghanistan and Iraq are brought up?? Iraq and Afghanistan have had THE FEWEST civilian casualties of ANY U.S. war that lasted over a period of a year!!!

You forgot 2 things, firstly the word 'reported' before deaths and secondly does that make it right? These people are just a statistic to you, you are brainwashed to believing these people dont matter because their sacrifice is for the greater cause.

And those civilian casuality totals that you read about are ALSO from the terrorists and insurgents killing civilians as well..... They can even technically label the Taliban and insurgents as civilians because they aren't not military....
Real deathtolls are never known for years, care to provide any evidence?

They also like to strip down sites that have been hit by UAVs (meaning taking all weapons and alive personnel left) So then it looks like we killed a bunch of civilians.... ITS CALLED PROPAGANDA that is ALL they have against us and most of you are falling into their lies... It's rather sad.
You sir are so brainwashed it's not funny, you think this is all the dirt people have on America is propaganda? All of it? Im done here no point discussing things with people that are not willing to question their own views.

We are not running around just killing people... ROE downrange in Iraq and Afghanistan are do not engage unless engaged first or if they are engaging civilians then we can engage. You sad, sad people need to get your head out of the internet and the propaganda books.... You have no freaking clue what is really going on downrange.... So stop acting like you do!!!!
And how do you know whats going on? before you go on about your years of hardened experience over there - It dont mean #, because you aint sitting at mission control - you are just taking orders like a good little military asset.

Looking at your past threads it is easy to see you just accept the reality you are presented with until told otherwise and think everyone else is crazy. It is not often I ignore someone all together (infact you are lucky number 1) because I still like to hear their points of view, but there is no point trying to have a 2 sided discussion when you already know everything because TPTB told you so.

[edit on 29-8-2010 by byteshertz]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by byteshertz

And there is no point agruing with a stubborn douche either. I have been in and out of both Iraq and Afghanistan since '01. How many times have you been? I have seen first hand the things I speak of. You are so damn ignorant it hurts my freaking head.... Do some research and you will fully grasp the reality.... They blow up innocent civilians and kill them everyday... We rarely kill innocents.... You know what, I am not even going to respond to you anymore because you are too ignorant and YOU are brainwashed into believing this propaganda BULLS@!T!! IF you want to read what I would have replied find the thread called "I can't even speak after watching this" Go to Iraq and Afghanistan and see how it is downrange... IT is not how you imagine I GUARANTEE THAT!!!!!! Our ROE (RUles of Engagement for you ignorant people) Are DO NOT shoot unless fired upon or in direct threat of being fired upon. And we may fire to defend civilians as well. WE ARE NOT ALLOWED TO ENGAGE FIRST 98% of the time.

I'm so done trying to explain these SIMPLE things like this to brainwashed ATSers... If you want to look at my info just search "I can't even speak after watching this"

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Wait so you are saying we should go up against a country with equal military power? Hmm well it seems that they are all pretty much our allies.... We are the world police... We stand up for the little guys getting pushed around. You want to take over a country? No!!! If you choose to do so you will see America there. That is one thing you little "know it alls" never EVER remember!!! We defend the underdog, and it just so happens the countries that screw up with world agreements and what not are smaller countries with retards running them. We would go to bat for ANY country in the world if they were being done wrong. [Snip]

We are a nation that thrives on wars, yes this is true. But there are so many dictators out there doing their own people wrong!!! You think the war in Iraq is wrong? Yea they had nothing to do with 9/11 but at the same time you need to do some research on Sadam. And no I don't mean when we used to fund him... Look at the horrible things he has done to his OWN countrymen and women. I swear some people need to get a clue.

This above is amusing - from beginning to finish - but it's nice (did I say "nice"?) to see such a quick example of exactly what the OP is saying. Is the above reply what's called a parodox or is it something in the order of not "getting it"?

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   

And there is no point agruing with a stubborn douche either. I have been in and out of both Iraq and Afghanistan since '01. How many times have you been? I have seen first hand the things I speak of. You are so damn ignorant it hurts my freaking head.... Do some research and you will fully grasp the reality.... They blow up innocent civilians and kill them everyday... We rarely kill innocents.... You know what, I am not even going to respond to you anymore because you are too ignorant and YOU are brainwashed into believing this propaganda BULLS@!T!! IF you want to read what I would have replied find the thread called "I can't even speak after watching this" Go to Iraq and Afghanistan and see how it is downrange... IT is not how you imagine I GUARANTEE THAT!!!!!! Our ROE (RUles of Engagement for you ignorant people) Are DO NOT shoot unless fired upon or in direct threat of being fired upon. And we may fire to defend civilians as well. WE ARE NOT ALLOWED TO ENGAGE FIRST 98% of the time.

I'm so done trying to explain these SIMPLE things like this to brainwashed ATSers... If you want to look at my info just search "I can't even speak after watching this"

This one is not nearly as amusing as the first one but it certainly does prove the OP's point. Even more so!

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Reign02

I am truly sorry if i have somehow offended your patriotism, however i would prefer if you actualy backd up what your saying with something of any real substance. Please feel free to read this article[even has pictures for you] and happily point its evil communist lies to me.

The Matrix of Death Precision of U.S Bombing and the (Under)Valuation of an Afghan Life

by Prof. Marc W. Herold

www.globalresearch.ca...

I can only recomend you take the time to learn what the situation in these countries actualy is, intead of spouting military jargon and adopting an online persona of someone who has been there, which i doubt you have. Though to be honest i have the suspicion you are more than likely a disinfo agent, as i do not believe anyone who posts on this forum can be so ignorant.

[edit on 29-8-2010 by Johnze]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Most unfortunately, this "Amerika" hasn't any legitimate authority to save all of these poor unfortunate victims of some tyrannical dictator/oligarchy/regime.

We are all very aware that soldiers dispatched from Amerika are sworn to uphold the Constitution, and the Constitution requires a Declaration of War with 2/3rds majority.

Instead, they are dispatched (I too was one of them once upon a time) to liberate some populace from some holocaust, some power hungry oligarchy who operates beyond the bounds of morals or law.

Wait... that's exactly what Amerika is doing! Will we dispatch troops to fight against other Amerikan troops who're dominating some poor unfortunate victims of tyranny?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Sorry Johnze, but wasn't Operation TP AJAX (nr. 9 in your list) 1954 - not 1953?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join