It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents sue after filming priest having sex with teen daughter in basement

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

Are you out of your mind? You can't read what you typed and see what's wrong with everything you said?? Any parent that is video-taping their daughter having sex is INSANE and the daughter should be suing them! Who cares if a priest was involved? Who cares what that man does? That's your daughter, people! Wtf is going through peoples' minds these days?? Aren't you the same person who was talking about you would defend a child against ANYTHING? How about their PARENTS VIDEOTAPING HER HAVING SEX?!

1. Depends on who you ask.
2. Not at all and I am surprised that you can.
3. Was this the daughters house or the parents home?
Oh it was the parents home - then yes, absolutely, they have a right to put a video camera anywhere they want to in their home.
The camera was not in the bathroom over the toilet or the tub nor was it over her bed. If it were placed in any of these locations I might say they were perverted.
Are you saying they were wrong to put a camera in their basement to see what was going on down there when they were not in the room to supervise? They should have TRUSTED their daughter??? This is totally up to the parent whether she has behaved in the past to deserve trust or not. And if the daughter is old enough to have sex, she is old enough to get her own place and avoid surveillance.
4. I am certain her parents, the parishioners, the Church and the members of the community all care that it is a Priest involved. People trust the Church and Priests with a degree of faith not present in dealing with others. There is an assumption of trust that was broken and should be noticed.

You ramble on for a bit without any real question..."that's your daughter people" I dare say they hope not...
Finally as to your last comments.
Yes. I am that person.

I think blaming the parents for "video taping her having sex" is like blaming parents for secretly filming with a baby sitter cam up that catches brutality to a child.
"If you didn't put that camera up and attempt to SPY on the poor babysitter the sitter wouldn't be charged with child abuse"
See how stupid this sounds?

I don't think your argument/defense makes any sense at all.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

Originally posted by craig732

Originally posted by ixiy
The priest failed to act responsibly,

How did he fail to act responsibly?
Legal age of consent in Pennsylvania is 16.

Craig732.....

He abused a position of trust & authority.

How?

The person was a consenting adult.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by craig732

I think it is a little like this example...

Teacher arrested for sex offense with student

tvilletimes.com...

Since the female student is at least 16 years old, no statutory charges have been filed.

“He broke a sacred code and you just don’t do that.”

“This is a class G felony,” said McCrary. “This crime was put in place specifically for teacher-student relationships. Age has nothing to do with it. Teachers are not allowed to have sexual relationships with students they’re teaching.”

[edit on 7-9-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

A agree with your post. I hope the priest counter sues for taping the sex scene without consent. How crude are those parents...gross man, and then having the audacity to publicly show the video in court to heaps of strangers...like a public rape of both parties, in my opinion.

18 year old female, and a man having sex...woopee. Who cares if he is a priest he is a man first...and the archaic law of celibacy...stupid invention. okay i agree with the teacher not having sex with student policy but this thread started off with the news article focusing on the fact he was a priest....,

Another post from another reader was great as well...Where is the world going when a catholic priest if having sex with a female, let alone a female giving consent...Its no wonder this news has hit headlines.

Tapping your own adult daughter...thats just wrong. I hope the two of them get married and he goes and joins the Anglicans.... Rebel both of you and enjoy your love/lust/desire/human emotions/life

edit on 9-9-2010 by flashesofblue because: forgot to point out my understanding of the teacher and student violation

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain

I think it is a little like this example...

Teacher arrested for sex offense with student

tvilletimes.com...

Since the female student is at least 16 years old, no statutory charges have been filed.

“He broke a sacred code and you just don’t do that.”

“This is a class G felony,” said McCrary. “This crime was put in place specifically for teacher-student relationships. Age has nothing to do with it. Teachers are not allowed to have sexual relationships with students they’re teaching.”

]

Irrelevent. There is no such law in Pennysylvania.

There should be no such law in NC either. If it is a school policy that is fine. A law saying which consenting adults are allowed to have sex with each other is a little to much government involvement for my tastes.

"He broke a sacred code" That is scary. Religion has no place in our laws.

edit on 12-9-2010 by craig732 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Craig732.....

"He broke a sacred code" That is scary. Religion has no place in our laws.

It's even simpler than that.....

He abused a position of authority & trust.

That's about morals & decency.

That's about as simple simple as it can get.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Its a marketing ploy. The vid will be for sale on the net within days.

Lol maybe not, but it wouldn't surprise me.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

You keep declining to explain how 2 consenting adults having sexual relations is immoral or indecent.

You keep declining to explain how 2 consenting adults having sex abuses authority and trust.

It sounds like the people who have a problem with this priest and this woman having sex have sexual hangups based on religion. Otherwise they would be able to articulate on my two above statements.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Craig732.....

You keep declining to explain how 2 consenting adults having sexual relations is immoral or indecent.
You keep declining to explain how 2 consenting adults having sex abuses authority and trust.

My explanation is inherent in my many replies to this effect.....

It sounds like the people who have a problem with this priest and this woman having sex have sexual hangups based on religion. Otherwise they would be able to articulate on my two above statements.

The only things about which I have sexual hangups are my sexual hangups.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I just went back and reread all of you posts.

I suggest you do the same.

You never articulate your reasons you feel "he abused a position of trust & authority"... you just stated that numerous times. Please explain WHY you feel that way.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
smh
2nd

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
My very simplified viewpoint on this story:

The Priest abused a position of authority and his behavior is appalling. If this "relationship" began while she was a minor, he should be prosecuted.

The Parents abused their position of authority as well, their behavior is disgusting and cloaked in lies. They claim they were trying to protect their daughter, but what they have done is exploit her.

The Daughter, has been put in a confusion, potentially damaging position (psychologically, emotionally, mentally) by the very people in her life that were meant to guide and protect her. If anyone has a case to sue, it's she.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
The highly immoral conduct of the priest aside, what kind of sick parents would install a hidden camera somewhere hoping to catch their teenage daughter naked and having sex with someone? Plus, their daughter is 18, and an adult, and according to the article she had graduated and wasn't a student anymore, either. Since it was November, one can assume that it had been at least five months since graduation, and that means she was probably close to 19. And not only that, she gets to have her sex life publicized to the world.

edit on 19-9-2010 by IamCorrect because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

You never articulate your reasons you feel "he abused a position of trust & authority"... you just stated that numerous times. Please explain WHY you feel that way.

Craig732.....

Can you see how a priest has a position of trust & authority?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   

No. A priest is no better or different than you or me.

Even if he did have a position of trust and authority, how is having sex with a consenting adult an abuse of that position and authority? Is there some law in Pennsylvania that I can't find that prohibits priests from having sex?

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

No. A priest is no better or different than you or me.

That is the point. Your statement is incorrect, in the viewpoint of an adherent to the Catholic faith. They are taught that the priest is above them. That he is a person who can be completely trusted, above all others and who's guidance is near infallible.

An example is that, due to their positions of trust and authority over those who practice Catholicism, is the outrage over a priest sexually abusing boys in the church. There is always a greater condemnation of them, over another child sexual abuser, especially from secularists.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join