It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assange a victim of a Smear Campaign?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Interesting article from RT.com going into how Assange may be a victim of a smear campaign, a debate here on ATS and a valid one. I truly believe the guy is a target of many powerful figures at the moment.

Last week, Assange became the subject of an arrest warrant issued by Swedish authorities after two women alleged they were “sexually attacked” by the modern-day muckraker.

The charges, however, were withdrawn less than a day later by Chief Prosecutor Eva Finne.

Prosecutors now are considering whether to charge Assange with the lesser charge of molestation. But this reduction in charges may force the WikiLeaks founder into a lengthy legal spat.

In Sweden, molestation is roughly defined as inappropriate physical contact with another adult, and can result in stiff fines or up to one year behind bars.

According to Swedish newspaper Expressen, Assange had been wanted by police in connection with two separate “attacks”, allegedly involving women aged between 20 and 30. The alleged incidents are said to have taken place in Stockholm, and in the town of Enkoping, west of the capital.

While Julian Assange says he is the victim of a smear campaign, one of the women rejected the explanation.

"The charges against Assange are, of course, not orchestrated by either the Pentagon or anyone else," she told Swedish newspaper, Aftonbladet.

source

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Personally i believe its all fabricated. I am sure someone in that line of work can hold sexual pleasure until the rough times are over, let alone sexually assaulting people.

Crazy world we live in.

join