It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

flash of light in sky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
around 10:20 aug 25th I saw a flash of light facing west, near an amber coloroed star. Ive seen this once before in the same area and thought it might be a spy satalite. Yet satalites are ussually visible as they cross over. So im leaving it as a UFO.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Been seeing these as well. Even seen one take off if that`s what it did. I know the flashers as my sister and I call them are there pretty often as well. Makes me want a telescope.

[edit on 8/25/2010 by Connman]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by trutherman

Have a look at this old thread and see if it you find some similarities because i have seen flashes and still have no idea what they were.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by trutherman

Even with a telescope you still won't know what you saw unless you slow it down and look again. The brain cannot identify flashes very well and if you can't identify it or quite remember what you saw, no one else will believe it. If it isn't verifiable you may as well not even have seen it at all because it is no fun to be the only one who believes a thing is there....whether it actually is or not.
Many people see UFO's and can't tell anyone because it was a flash and they have no proof.

Spend $200 on a flip video camera, set it up and film. If you get proof the camera will pay for itself.

I see flashes all the time. Slowed down they are usually something like a comet or a meteor. Occasionally however they are a perfectly round stationary object, usually light blue, sometimes reddish

Again. Without proof, you may as well not have seen it.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Well, I've seen these too recently and I was convinced it was something strange as I had never seen them before. After some research though I found out that they are most likely "iridium flares". Google that term and see if it lines up with what you saw.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Connman

I'm an older person but don't have a lot of knowledge..you know, not
long ago I was out and saw a flash of yellowish light in the night sky not
very high up it seems..huh? I thought..maybe it's just from some kid
firing off residual fireworks..or maybe, thinking about it more..it's some
form of aurora..with all that is happening, I'd not be too surprised at
anything. I've seen dry lightning from time to time but that usually
covers a large area of distant sky..friend in another state said she's
seen flashes herself during the day I think. If you keep searching the net
you may find an explanation or at least one acceptable to you..now on
coast to coast am show have heard abt. how night vision goggles will
reveal a "hidden" light show up there..maybe that would be a more
interesting view than using a telescope..less you're 'huntin' for
asteroids that is. Maybe, I'm boring but I tell you I share things that
some older "business type" folks would seldom have time to share.
Don't be too proud or puffy or cocky. You ain't taking it with you..you
can only leave something for somebody else. Leaving some good advice
would be nice.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by njl51

These Flashers as I`ll call them Flash over and over in the night sky. It looks like a star in many ways but flashes. It could be 5 minute flash intervals or it could actually be any given time. Noticed them as much as 10 minutes apart to where the flash is on like a star to off the rest of the time.

Now my sister called me from work one night and had spotted a flasher so she informed me where about. When I went out I located it pretty fast. I witnessed the flash like 3 times but then on the fourth flash it did something none of the others have done. It shot out this triangle shape light that seemed to swirl and moved in the direction from it in an arc. It was gone after that no more flashing there. These flashers are stationary for the most part sitting in one spot once you find one.

I`ve heard what you mention on the night vision glasses as well. But I`m thinking I should be able to see something from these with a telescope as well.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
at 9:20, exactly an hour earlier than last night, in the same vicinity of an amber colored star, i saw another flash, exactly the same as last nights. Same direction, but almost over head/west.

join