It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rare fire whirlwind in Sao Paulo, Brazil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Hi guys this is my first thread in ATS, so please cut me some slack if my post seems a bit out of the norm.

I've lived in Sao Paulo for quite awhile and have never seen or heard of anything like this. Seems like this kind of whirlwind is quite rare, and even more so since its winter time over there in Sao Paulo. Check the video and the news on it.

skynews

If anyone has better footage on this particular incident please feel free to post it here since I watched these news recently.

Thank you all for your time.

Mod Edit: Url formatting - Jak

[edit on 25/8/10 by JAK]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
now that is cool lol ok maybe a little hot but still.
weird how the fire devil follows the line of fire on the ground producing this effect.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Wow! Great video, thanks for finding that.

I have never heard of that in Brasil either. I have never been to Aracatuba, but I used to live in Morumbi.

The article with the video mentions this, which I find incredible:

...In 1923, a fire tornado ignited by the Great Kanto earthquake in Tokyo grew to the size of a large city and killed 38,000 people in 15 minutes....

Really? Wow!

[edit on 25-8-2010 by lasertaglover]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by lasertaglover
I have never been to Aracatuba, but I used to live in Morumbi.

[edit on 25-8-2010 by lasertaglover]

Morumbi? Really? I used to live in Morumbi also near the Butanta Shopping Mall....Great place...
Anyways the fire mini tornado is unheard of in Brazil....Being a brazilian myself I've lived in almost everywhere in Brazil and honestly I have never even heard of this kindda stuff...
But yeah the one in Japan sounds like hell on earth man....quite scary to be in the way of one of those, not knowing if you run or take pictures.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Here it is
firetornado

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ringht_n_wrong

Hi there. Spectacular subject for your first thread.

There is a very clear explanation of the phenomenum on Wiki if you'd like to know more.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ringht_n_wrong

I'm American, but my Dad had an office next to Shopping Iguatemi on Av. Brig. Faria Lima. I can not for the life of me remember the name of the street that we lived on in Morumbi, but we later moved out to Granja Vianna. I lived in Brasil for almost six years, and loved every minute of it...well, except for O Plano Real (Collor). I was there for all of the currency dumps and hyperinflation. But the rest...wow. I am a proud American veteran so my life, soul and rifle belong to this land, but my heart will always belong to Brasil.

Anyway, thanks again for the fire tornado video. I hope that I never, ever see one in real life.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Slippery Jim

Guys check this out:
Quoted from Wikipedia/firestorm
"One of the most terrifying firestorms resulted from one bombing raid against Hamburg, on 27 July 1943, shortly before midnight. A number of factors combined to give the enormous destruction that followed; the unusually dry and warm weather, the concentration of the bombing in one area and that the city's firefighters were unable to reach the initial fires — the high explosive "Cookies" used in the early part of the raid had prevented them getting into the center of the city from the periphery where they were working on the results of the 24th. The bombings culminated in the spawning of the so-called "Feuersturm" (firestorm). Quite literally a tornado of fire, this phenomenon created a huge outdoor blast furnace, containing winds of up to 240 km/h (150 mph) and reaching temperatures of 800 °C (1,500 °F). It caused asphalt on the streets to burst into flame, cooked people to death in air-raid shelters, sucked pedestrians off the sidewalks like leaves into a vacuum cleaner and incinerated some eight square miles (21 km²) of the city. Most of the 40,000 casualties caused by Operation Gomorrah happened on this single night."

Now thats some amazing fire tornado...it makes the one in Sao Paulo look like a match stick fire
and thanks for the wiki link buddy....real interesting facts!!!

top topics

join