It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cadborosauruses filmed in Alaska?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I know it is almost certainly a Hoax but just in case, has anybody heard any updates?

I know the story is very far fetched, but how awesome would it be if it was true?!

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by jexmo
I know it is almost certainly a Hoax but just in case, has anybody heard any updates?

I know the story is very far fetched, but how awesome would it be if it was true?!

see my post a couple before yours *sigh*

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Versa

Joy...what a surprise. Another hoax lol.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Youve got to think some sort of film of whatever it was does still exist though.

John Kirk seemed pretty legit when he was writing those stories for Cryptomundo about this incident during the summer and apparently believed what he saw in the film to be Cadborosauruses.

Hopefully we can have some more light shed to this in the near future.

Cheers
edit on 8-3-2011 by FoxMulder91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoxMulder91
Youve got to think some sort of film of whatever it was does still exist though.

John Kirk seemed pretty legit when he was writing those stories for Cryptomundo about this incident during the summer and apparently believed what he saw in the film to be Cadborosauruses.

Hopefully we can have some more light shed to this in the near future.

Cheers
edit on 8-3-2011 by FoxMulder91 because: (no reason given)

The date that it was supposed to be shown was April 1st, which is coming up.

Or is it really cancelled? I heard some crap about issues with the stupid crab fishing show...

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
The date that it was supposed to be shown was April 1st...

As in April Fools Day

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
A show on Nat Geo TV was on last night about Caddy, I didn't see any video though, only eyewitness testimony.
edit on 19-3-2011 by Jeremiah Johnson because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-3-2011 by Jeremiah Johnson because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah Johnson

Discovery own exlusive rights to the footage, if I remember rightly, so Nat Geo can't show the footage.
Just have to hold on for Discovery to pull their fingers out their a**es

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by FoxMulder91
A couple new articles have been published.

They were posted on October, 14th by Craig Woolheater.

Several weeks back, I mentioned here on Cryptomundo that the airing of the much discussed “15 cadborosauruses video” was possibly in jeopardy because of a lawsuit involving the Hillstrands and Discovery.

I have now been tipped off by yet another Cryptomundian that an agreement had been reached with all parties and filming on the Deadliest Catch would begin this week and that the Hillstranded spin-off would be completed.

www.cryptomundo.com...
Theres more in the article if you want to read it.

In response to my earlier post this morning, two Cryptomundians have tipped us off to the latest developments concerning the footage that everyone wants to see.

First off, thanks to mefine and TimmyRyan65 who alerted me to the two following articles:

In a statement, the trio stated that they were pleased that negotiations had panned out with Discovery, and were looking forward to filming the new season of “Deadliest Catch,” Discovery’s most popular franchise. Additionally, “Hillstranded,” a series of specials where the brothers will investigate legends centered in Alaska, including a local legend about a Lochness-type monster, is set to air after the “Deadliest Catch” in April 2011.
ThirdAge.com

and

In Hillstranded – which will air after Deadliest Catch debuts in April 2011 – the siblings will investigate myths and legends around Alaska, including a Lochness-type monster in a local lake. “Our personalities have just been silly and kind of different,” said Andy Hillstrand. “We had a lot of fun doing them.”

www.cryptomundo.com...

I was wondering why the video was going to be shown on the Deadliest Catch, but after reading the article above it makes more sense.

I just wish we could see the clip to get an idea of what it is.
Hopefully the showing of it doesnt get delayed again.

Cheers

Well, it's April 2011.

Where should I be looking for the Caddy footage?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I've seen a sea monster.

About 15 years ago I was on the BC ferry Quinsam going to work from Nanaimo to Gabriola Island. The small car/foot ferry has an open bow and I was at the front in my car with only a small chain impeding my view. In the lane next to me was an older fellow in a red pickup truck. Its about a 30 minute trip. The day was clear and seas were calm. About 15 or 20 mins into the trip I thought I saw a pod of Sea Lions making their way up the channel left to right accross our bow. They're common in the area. We were on a collision course with them. However, as we got closer and closer I could see it wasn't a pod but one very long animal.

I could see three and sometimes two humps in the water. When there was three the middle hump was the largest and stood about 2-3 feet out of the water. The humps in front and behind were a foot or so. These humps rolled through the water and did not push it to make a wake. As they rolled through the water they would dip down below the surface and the space in between them the two humps would rise up out but not to as high as the middle hump of the three. The surface was smooth and dark. I didn't see any ridges or serrations. Way out in front was a small head pushing its way accross the surface of the water. The head didn't look like the moose head on the cover of the book. Basically it looked like a more pointed Brontosauros head, no brow, visible ears, horns or mane. I would estimate the length from nose to back of the third hump would be about 35' and who knows how far back down into the water it went. I couldnt see any legs or fins. It just appeared to be a giant snake. The difference between those who see the moose like creature with horns and a mane and mine, I speculate, that I saw a female and the moose version is a male.

At this point I still thought I was looking at a pod of Sea Lions. However as we got closer and closer to the point where the ferry or the pod needed to make a course change, the head lifted out of the water about a foot or so and looked over at the approaching ferry. It was at this point I saw the long neck and got out of my car and walk to the chain for a better look.

After a brief look at the ferry, the creature slowly looked back to where it was headed, put its head down on the surface and didn't alter course or change speed. The animal didn't seem to care that a large boat was about to mow it down. Standing at the front of the ferry I looked back up at the wheel house to see how the crew was reacting to this and to my surprise,the pilot slowly backed out of view of the window and the ferry altered course to go behind the animal. Another crew member ran out of the lunch room and up to the wheel house. This in itself was unusual because I'd been taking this ferry for years twice a day or more, and never saw a union member move faster than a walk.

So to those who say I must have seen a pack of Sea Lions in a row, I say I just didn't get a good glimpse of this thing, I watched it for a good 5+ minutes from a distance of a few hundred yards to less than 50. I have also seen many Sea Lions close up and this was most definitely not them.

A couple of hours later I picked up a client who had taken the HarbourLynx high speed catamaran over to our office and this elderly gentlemen and his wife also saw the creature. So it passed by their boat and then in front of mine.

A few years later I was contacted by Dr. LeBlond (author of that book above) and then the BBC for another phone interview. I have not received or wanted any compensation or fame.

edit on 5-4-2011 by NOrrTH because: added information

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by NOrrTH

Awesome. I once saw a pod of orcas from our ferries going to Nanaimo... perhaps I should go back. I heard the ferries cost a fortune to travel on now though.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
There have recently been 6 new articles published.

Alaskan Cadborosaurus Update - May 19th, 2011.
www.cryptomundo.com...

Alaskan Cadborosaurus Footage Update - May 20th, 2011.
www.cryptomundo.com...

Alaskan Cadborosaurus Footage Update - May 24th, 2011.
www.cryptomundo.com...

Alaskan Cadborosaurus Footage Update - May 25th, 2011.
www.cryptomundo.com...

Alaska Cadborosaurus Footage Owner Speaks Up - May 25th, 2011.
www.cryptomundo.com...

Discovery Channel replies to Cryptomundion on Alaskan Cadborosaurus Footage - May 27th, 2011.
www.cryptomundo.com...

Cheers

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Glad to hear the footage may be alive and kicking after all

I've been checking the dicovery website every so often, waiting to see if anything comes up up but alas, nothing.

Hopefully it won't be too much longer...

Thank you for the update OP

Kyle

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I wasn't expecting any sort of updates at all by now! I thought it had been slipped underneath the proverbial carpet and forgotten as so many things in the Crypto World are wont to do.

The fact that it hasn't, in my opinion, is very exciting!

I believe these updates make it more likely to be a real thing, and that Discovery will show it, though in it's own sweet time.

I am looking forward to see how exactly this whole thing turns out.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
This really really really is exciting. I cant wait for this. Its like waiting for your child to be born. Okay not that exciting, but exciting.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
As a fan of Deadliest Catch familiar with the shennanigans of the Hillstrands I can agree they are pranksters. In last weeks episode, they shut off the lights and gps of their boat, hid in the darkness up ahead of another boat, the Northwestern, and released red lanters off into the sky and scared the crap out of the captain of the boat. Not proof that the caddy video is fake, but let it arouse your suspicions.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Hi!

Just got this info from Cryptomundo!! The film is on(july 19th) at 10 PM after deadlest catch show.

"Craig Woolheater on June 29th, 2011

Cadborosaurus illustration by Daniel Loxton for Junior Skeptic Magazine.

Cryptomundian Redrose999 just tipped me off to this shocking news!

The Discovery Channel is finally acknowledging the Alaskan Cadborosaurus video footage!

Alaskan Monster Hunt will premiere Tuesday, July 19, at 10 p.m. after a new episode of Deadliest Catch.

This footage has been discussed here on Cryptomundo probably even more than Finding Bigfoot!

The Hillstrands Hunt for a Sea Monster

Watch as the Hillstrand brothers set out on a hunt for a sea monster.

Source: TV Guide
Michael Schneider

Exclusive: First Look at New Deadliest Catch Spin-off Special

Two of Discovery Channel’s Deadliest Catch captains are trading crab fishing for a different kind of prey: Sea monsters. Brothers Johnathan Hillstrand and Andy Hillstrand have signed on to star in the special Alaskan Monster Hunt, which airs next month.

Alaskan Monster Hunt will follow the Hillstrand brothers as they search for clues to the mystery of Alaska’s own version of the Loch Ness Monster. The brothers — normally the captains of the Time Bandit, as seen on Deadliest Catch — travel to sea after viewing footage of an unusually shaped eel-like creature dipping in and out of the water.

Cameras will follow the Hillstrands as they hunt the sea monster, which cryptozoologist Dr. Paul LeBlond of the University of British Columbia says could be a prehistoric sea animal long thought to be extinct.

Alaskan Monster Hunt will premiere Tuesday, July 19, at 10 p.m. after a new episode of Deadliest Catch.
see here >>> www.tvguide.com...

there you go!!

Ruff

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

FANTASTIC!!! Thank you for the heads-up dude! Been waiting ages for someone to post something like that

I'm unemployed at the moment, and if ay potential jobs conflict with me watching that show then I'll be staying unemployed until I've seen it
haha.

Thanks again matey.

Kyle

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
to the footage going to be released

to it being turned into a reality TV show about "hunting seamonsters". I hope Caddy sinks their ship and eats the crew.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Great. Now we have guns and explosions...

www.youtube.com...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join