It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Betrayals - Share your story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Have you ever been betrayed by a friend?

Here is my story:

I befriended a teenager ( I'm 20 ) that was not liked by anyone, I went to him without prejudices.
The first day I've ever known him, he robbed me of a lot of money.
With us there were another person, and a person that for me is like a brother.

The person who betrayed me at the beginning tried do put the guilt on someone else.
At the beginning he told me " I respect you " and " Its not education to touch someone else's things.
I told him " I believe you. I KNOW you didn't steal the money ".

The other person told me the truth, that he took the money. I didn't believe him.
My friend/brother staid in silent, but only because he had fear of the other person.

He told every person he knows about the robbery he committed.
One of my enemies, a person I said to myself " I would never believe anything from him " told me the truth. In front of him.
I looked at him, head down and a dark expression and I still didn't believe him.

I only understood who robbed me when he wanted to buy something for me with my money and I still refused to take that food and I gave it back to him.

Now for his fault, my parents don't like anymore the friend who was like a brother for me.
But he learnt the lesson and he will hang out with good people from now on.
And I will learn a very important lesson about faith in someone else.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

How many times are you going to make a thread about the same story with a different title?

This is number 2 for it, no?

Get over it and move on. Hopefully you don't run into to many more untrustworthy people in your lifetime, but unfortunately it happens.

You befriended this person knowing nobody else liked them. That was your first mistake!

Just because you chose to befriend him, did not mean that the person was going to treat you any better than anybody else.

All that you can really do is learn from this experience.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

I created this thread to put together different stories and learn much more lessons about certain situation.
Maybe someone can learn or discover something if he reads of a story.

One day I discovered I was victim of a joke watching a tv show episode about a joke.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Now for his fault, my parents don't like anymore the friend who was like a brother for me. But he learnt the lesson and he will hang out with good people from now on. And I will learn a very important lesson about faith in someone else.

It's called life experience and you'll never be so old or so wise that you won't have to learn a lesson now and again.

As for seeking and sharing similar experiences, you can rest assured that everyone has walked down a path where the lesson was painful.

Unfortunately, some mistakes cost more than others and even leave scars.

Best of luck

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I've had similar situations like yours happen to me a couple of times in my life. Of course, I was angry at everyone else but myself at first. In the end, I had to face the grim reality that it was my fault for not having my money in a secure place (like a bank) where only I could access it. The lesson here is not to never trust people; it's to remove temptation and take greater responsibility for oneself and one's belongings. It's a painful, expensive lesson to learn; but the important thing is that the lesson is learned so that it doesn't have to be repeated.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
When I was 20, I had a co-worker flirt with me often. She was cute, appeared about my age, and said she was 18. I asked her out, we made a date. Then, she backed out, and told me she was really 16, and that her parents didn't want her seeing someone my age.

Cool with me, I'm not a fan of jail either,

However, a couple days later, I hear from one of my boys (you know, always good to have a network at work, right?), that she made a date to see some 40 year old customer she often flirted with.

So, now I'm not even sure if she was lying or not. If she wasn't interested, all she had to do was say so...I don't take well to being played.

So, had one of my guys pull her file, verified she was under 18. Well, now I just don't want to see this other guy get taken by her ways. So, (using info from the file), I call the parents' house (from a pay phone) and (lucky) get her dad. I tell him I'm this guy's son, and that I'm uncomfortable with this "date" (I knew the time, place, everything), and that I'm hoping he'll put a stop to it.

Boy did he!

She suspected I was somehow involved, but man it was funny...
I'm not near as ruthless anymore these days...but wasn't good to mess with me then.

top topics

join