It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dixie Chicks speak out against Bush!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2003 @ 12:43 PM
link   
[url=http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20030314/ap_on_en_mu/people_dixie_chicks][)IXI3 C/-/IC/

posted on Mar, 14 2003 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by xaos

I'm thinking of buying their album even though I hate country, just to spite those [)@MI\I ignorant Americans who got insulted by their remarks:
XAOS

I am sick and tired of you people calling Americans ignorant . Go waste your money, buy the album, and keep your negative remarks to yourself.

posted on Mar, 14 2003 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Wow, 3 women with a combined I.Q. of 50 spoke out against Bush... he's really in trouble now.

posted on Mar, 14 2003 @ 02:39 PM
link   

I'm thinking of buying their album even though I hate country, just to spite those [)@MI\I ignorant Americans who got insulted by their remarks:

XAOS

Proud American you must remember that was coming from a kid who's country is only known for their army knives and cheese.... they must be the most unignorant population on the planet with that kind of technology.

posted on Mar, 14 2003 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Did she actually speak against the war, or is she just stating a fact (that Bush is an idiot)?

By now, most likely know that I am for the war (albeit for reasons other than WOMD), but it doesn't change the fact that Dubya is an embarrassment to this nation most of the time...

Not exactly the best career move for someone in Country Music, but she's cute, so she'll survive it, hehe...

posted on Mar, 14 2003 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I think she is 100% correct.

I also think its a shame, when we as americans cant say what we think, without trouble for it.

Dont worry though, soon enough people will want to speak out, and Dubya, has fixed it to arrest them as enemy combatants.

Sing on Dixie Chicks

posted on Mar, 15 2003 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfpack 51
I also think its a shame, when we as americans cant say what we think, without trouble for it.

The only trouble that their in is the people don't want to hear their songs anymore. If you lose the respect of the listeners, your gonna lose money.

posted on Mar, 15 2003 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Dixie Chicks lead singer Natalie Maines apologized to President Bush late Friday for saying she was ashamed that he was from Texas. "As a concerned American citizen, I apologize to President Bush because my remark was disrespectful. I feel that whoever holds that office should be treated with the utmost respect," Maines said in her latest statement. Her comments deriding the president earlier this week sparked outrage among some country music fans and caused radio stations to boycott the Grammy-winning group's songs.

You hit the nail on the head grunt!!! Backpeddlin' already!

posted on Mar, 15 2003 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by grunt_ignited

XAOS

Proud American you must remember that was coming from a kid who's country is only known for their army knives and cheese.... they must be the most unignorant population on the planet with that kind of technology.

First, as I have said before, I am not swiss, and I despise Switzerland in its entirety, My location is Switzerland not my nationality. I am american, and at the moment I am ashamed to be. I have seen the ignorance for geography, world culture and global opinion that many Americans have. I cannot believe how blind americans are to what is really happening in the world.

Here are a few examples:

Link

Link

Link

Link

I have observed first hand, and sometimes been a part of this disease called ignorance that runs rampant through America. With the elimination of so many diseases of the flesh in America we have become infected with diseases of the mind. I put up this topic because I was glad to see a member of such a conservative group as country music actually condemn Bush, even if she was just a ditz parroting off what she had been hearing all over the world.

I am ashamed of America. I can accept that there is not a majority of ignorants in America, seeing as how a minority voted for Bush. But I am afraid that the Bush administration has spread ignorance into places where it previously wasnt.

Wow, 3 women with a combined I.Q. of 50 spoke out against Bush... he's really in trouble now.

-grunt_ignited

Not very impressive, I accept but how about this:

Over 10 million people with of a combined i.Q. of 140 million (based on an average I.Q. of 140) spoke out against bush (dont tell me you missed this too), and they were only the fanatics, for each one of these fanatics, there are probably at least ten people who felt the same way but didnt protest. Is Bush in trouble now?

I ask you now to sit down, look around you and think, really think (it will be hard, as you havent done it in a while) on whether or not where the country is right now is the best place for it.

xaos

posted on Mar, 15 2003 @ 11:48 AM
link   

First, as I have said before, I am not swiss, and I despise Switzerland in its entirety, My location is Switzerland not my nationality. I am american, and at the moment I am ashamed to be.

I am ashamed of America.

Then, PLEASE stay where you are because right now we need to pull together and SUPPORT OUR TROOPS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 15 2003 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican

First, as I have said before, I am not swiss, and I despise Switzerland in its entirety, My location is Switzerland not my nationality. I am american, and at the moment I am ashamed to be.

I am ashamed of America.

Then, PLEASE stay where you are because right now we need to pull together and SUPPORT OUR TROOPS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, I support our troops.

Who I do not support are their leaders.
What I do not support is their being used as pawns by people who have no regard for human life.
I do not support the massive loss of life that will no doubt happen because of this conflict.
I do not support Bush, and I do not support oil(which is the main driving force for this war).

So go ahead and "support our troops." But if you really supported our troops then you would be against this war.

XAOS

posted on Mar, 15 2003 @ 02:00 PM
link   

So go ahead and "support our troops." But if you really supported our troops then you would be against this war.

XAOS

I totally disagree with you xaos, but no reason to get in a shouting match with you. We just dont see eye to eye on this issue, so be it. Have a nice day.

posted on Mar, 15 2003 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I would love to see the reactions they would get if they sung somewhere in Texas. They would know how to deal with them

posted on Mar, 15 2003 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Well, I hope they come to TEXAS,

I aint their biggest fan, but I will travel far to see them, there was no truer statement made, than it is a shame Bush is from TEXAS.

Before this is all over, Bush will put a bad mark on the whole nation, for letting someone so vain aquire such power over such a grand country and people as AMERICA.

posted on Mar, 15 2003 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I dont understand. Xaos hates country but is willing to buy their album and WP 51 aint their biggest fan but is willing to travel far to see them, just because you agree with one woman's opinion of Bush. Isn't that just a bit spiteful? I like what Charlie Daniels said but I'm not buying his cd's or concert tickets. In case you missed it:
xmb.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2003 @ 05:26 AM
link   
The only reason I would by their album, would be to spite the people boycotting them, and I would probably give it to my sister.

XAOS

posted on Mar, 16 2003 @ 08:45 AM
link   
"Over 10 million people with of a combined i.Q. of 140 million (based on an average I.Q. of 140) spoke out against bush"

10 Million at 140 each...wouldn't that be 1,400,000,000 (or 1 billion, 400 million)?

posted on Mar, 16 2003 @ 09:00 AM
link   

[url=http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20030314/ap_on_en_mu/people_dixie_chicks][)IXI3 C/-/IC/

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I see the patriotism plague has spread.
Time to break out the heavy artillery!

*looks at AV...*

posted on Mar, 20 2003 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
"Over 10 million people with of a combined i.Q. of 140 million (based on an average I.Q. of 140) spoke out against bush"

10 Million at 140 each...wouldn't that be 1,400,000,000 (or 1 billion, 400 million)?

Possibly, I was using the calculator on the computer and maybe left out a digit.

XAOS

P.S. I like your avatar Necro

top topics

<<   2 >>

join