It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pulse Detonation Wave Engines

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Oh yeah, I really see the Admins going for that thread.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

You never know! I got pointedly asked to quit giving explicit instructions on chemical processes over on the other forum that rhymes with 'snark', though. Maybe if we put it in RATS?

Although it's really quite easy to make very good military grade stuff at home. We're not talking Anarchist Cookbook crap either. I bet I could get a good 10% of the more technically apt ATS population making something at least as good as Semtex within 2 months in easy weekly lessons, and most of them would still have all their fingers at the end. The gubmint sent me to school back in '85 to learn how to teach IED fab to the locals, why not recoup some of those tax dollars, eh?

On a semi-serious note, there's a guy well known to the entire ATS community that sells a do-it-yourself kit for it, he'll plop a very complete box of goodies in your hands if you cross his palm with enough silver, only he calls it "fireworks fabrication chemicals", a tongue-in-cheek euphemism if I've ever heard one.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

I'm thinking we'll just leave that one alone for now. I'm pretty sure that would be seriously frowned upon, by lots and lots of people with three letters in their "company" name.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by Bedlam

I'm thinking we'll just leave that one alone for now. I'm pretty sure that would be seriously frowned upon, by lots and lots of people with three letters in their "company" name.

I thought USDA had four letters in it.

I'm sure they would, they went all non-linear on the guy building the cruise missile, and he hadn't gotten past dummy loads. Just the engine and airframe got their undivided, terminal attention. Alas.
edit on 6-11-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

They'd probably be about the only one NOT interested in that thread.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Didn't Bob get raided over that?

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Stealthbomber

Now, now, we're not supposed to name names. But yes, only he's still selling the "fireworks kit".

Only now he's added in disclaimers. "Warning, this reagent can result in accidental production of about a half a kilo of very nice RDX if properly combined with the other ingredients in this kit, which would be quite naughty" or the like.

It's quite complete. I was out looking for sources for the stuff, just for my curiosity mind you, and kept getting his site on every search. I'm not totally sold on it not being a honeypot.
edit on 7-11-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

I could of said that one that rhymes with 'knob' but there's a lot of fanboys on this site

It could be a honey pot. Is it the type of thing that's legal to sell separately but not as a complete package?

BTW I could sure see the funny side of an IED's R US site but there's quite a few idiots that would try it out and end up blowing themselves up. Have you seen the footage of the Al Qaida guys trying to set up an IED and blowing themselves up?

edit on 7-11-2013 by Stealthbomber because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

I just had a look on the site and it doesn't look like he's selling the kits anymore. He does have a few 'recipes' for chemical experiments but I think that's about it.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   

He has got all the bits and pieces still on the site as separate chemicals.

Go look at "hexamine", if he's still got it up I bet he's got a disclaimer on it about "also good for military explosives" or something similar.

Hexamine is probably the easiest starting point for a nice home RDX synthesis - you can get it in bulk and it's easy to explain away, at least until you start mixing it with the other bits. But it's an easy synthesis from there, if you have some guidance and you're methodical.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   

djvexd
Wouldn't PDE tech be more suited to sub-orbital recon vehicles and weapons platforms? Also I thought the term "Aurora" was used to umbrella many different programs within the black budget aerospace realm?

[edit on 27-5-2008 by djvexd]

I would have thought those speeds would be fine for evading missiles and being shot at, but it's going to be pretty difficult to shoot from an aircraft going that fast. By the time a target had been located, you'd already be far past it i would have thought.

So yeah, recon instead of dogfighting or bomb runs i would think.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Might have to save that search for another day, apparently someone doesn't like my idea of idea of fun or understand the concept of satire so I got reported reported to the federal police over here for discussing/joking about nuclear type stuff and "causing fear to the community"

So now I think I'll have to be good, for now anyway

edit on 7-11-2013 by Stealthbomber because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-11-2013 by Stealthbomber because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Aurora is an umbrella that covers many CRAFT all different kinds includeing thr #1 SPY Plane (AURORA)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jerry777

Actually, Aurora was the B-2 funding code name prior to the program announcement. It had nothing to do with high speed craft.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by neil wilkes

you can go to utube search for aurora black projects and you will have to watch all the way through untill you find it it is there

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Hahaha it's really not.. Lots of CGI, some probably are black project aircraft, some are lights in the sky.

However ill let you in on a little secret and I can tell you exactly what to type in to see the real project that the Aurora was?

Hint: Type my username into youtube followed by B2 and it will come up with exactly what the Aurora budget line item was

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

I found it (Black Projects does the Aurora exist) watch untill the part with the satellite view comes in then pause the video and take a picture then (Bluetooth) it too your Labtop then you will have the picture you want my friend hope this HELPS

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Tease.....

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Aurora never existed as an aircraft. You can say it did all you want, but there was no aircraft named Aurora that ever existed, and it didn't use a PDE.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Ok so I looked it up. The guy is obviously very uninformed as he starts off the video by saying there's no evidence of govt spending on the aurora, the whole thing came about because of a budget line item called 'Aurora'

Then he points out the doughnuts on a rope contrail, I have a pic somewhere of a 737 producing the same sort of contrail. The doughnuts on a rope contrail doesn't really sit right with me, I could be wrong but if you can see the length in between them it would suggest that there was a bit of a distance in between each detonation whereas one of the problems with PWDE is getting the detonations to be quicker.

The Skyquakes were from another aircraft not Aurora.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join