It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive North Korean troop movements reported by South Korea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
It was reported in todays edition of news.com/au an Austrailian news website... Nothing further yet, working on link to the story...if anyone else can post it, go ahead feel free, thanks.... Hope this is much ado about nothing....

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by freetree64

The link

www.news.com.au... g-news/south-korea-detects-north-korea-troop-deployment/story-e6frfku0-1225909443115

;

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
With all the military excersises going on on both sides, US and SK, then NK on the other side, at the same time.....I would think it is all just a show. I would doubt anything will happen, but then again, I cant say what will happen for sure.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
they are just preparing for a drill
to go play with SK and the USA that are also drilling

LETS ALL DRILL TOGETHER

let the singing and dancing starts

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Nothing new. There is always some sort of military troop movement from the North. Either it's a drill, for show, for muscle flexing, whatever. No one has the guts to pull the trigger.

Thankfully.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
They are preparing for the handover of power from leader to son........

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
This small snippet from news story, reported quote from North Korea is what caught my eye, and before ya start..Yes I know it's been said before, its the combination of factors that resulted in this post....

**snippet:
"Because of the US imperialists and their South Korean puppet group of traitors' reckless military provocation against our republic, the peninsula is on the brink of war," he said.

"This is the worst situation ever."

www.abc.net.au...

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Then theres this, which just happened, and reminds one of the last visit, before Kimmy got all crazy....

news.smh.com.au...

ca.reuters.com...

[edit on 25-8-2010 by freetree64]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Toss this in for good measure, and you've got a lot of eyeballs on the yellow sea, and its neighbors going into this weekend....

opinion.globaltimes.cn...

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   

This was posted yesterday by South Korean sources:

South Korea's defense ministry said in a report to Parliament Tuesday that the large numbers of soldiers, armored vehicles and artillery have been stationed near the Stalinist state's capital since mid-July. The report said the deployment appears to be related to a meeting of key communist party delegates next month and the party's 65th anniversary on Oct 10.

english.chosun.com...

If So. Korea doesn't seem alarmed by this (something they have been watching and expecting), I don't see why we should ring an alarm just yet.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Please see breaking post on Kim's visit to China, is why....

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   

I would first think that Kim Jong Ill is getting some advice or direction in how to handle ex-president Jimmy Carter about the US citizen the North is holding.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Perhaps, but as soon as Jimmy hit town, Kimmy skipped it... Hmmmm

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   

If you want to see a conspiracy here, I can't talk you out of it, nor will I try to.
I don't think this means war or any other underhanded (no more than usual) happenings.

Just my opinion of course. And apparently S. Korea's too.

[edit on 25/8/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Understood, just painting the picture here, what the viewer wants to see in it, is entirely up to them....

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Pretty freaky... I watched the Nat Geo special on NK a while back and it was fascinating, sad, and scary all at the same time.

There's also a really good video series on Youtube by a guy who managed to get himself into NK, and made a documentary. I think the part that sticks into my mind the most is when he was taken to a tea house, and driven down a completely deserted 4 lane highway to a completely deserted parking lot, and this tea house with a solitary girl in it, yet the place was made to accomodate at least 20-30 people. He commented that it seemed she hadn't seen a tourist in months, and was almost brimming over with excitement just to see him for a couple hours.

One thing that is interesting though, at the border on the south side, all the rules are really strict, no pointing, no looking in eyes, etc., but on the north side, you can point, yell, drink beer, do whatever you want. With all the rules in the country, the border is like completely relaxed.

new topics

top topics

join