It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Embeding YouTube videos made easy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Hey folks, I actually made this video for the Up to the min bp spill thread. I follow it everyday, but usually just lurk and keep updated. I happened to notice some of the members still commenting how they wish they knew how to embed videos. Man do I remember how that felt. I thought making this would be my contribution to the thread as I don't say much...but do enjoy seeing the videos when I cant be home to watch on my pc.

I know I even had a bit of a hard time trying to figure out the help threads that were posted.

The good news is I did finally figure it out, or at least a way that works for me. So, hopefully this will help somebody out there!

This is my version of how to embed a youtube video on ats. I really did try to make it as simple as possible. As long as you know how to cut and paste, you should be good to go!

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Thanks

That was painless!

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Nice video, hopefully this gets "stickied" in the forum for everyone to see!!

I'm quite proud that the &Feature=related thing is common knowledge. I swear it was me who discovered that!!!

How to see your YouTube video in your post preview!

Honest!!!!

Well done mate nicely done!

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
HeyYigs! Great idea and thanks for your consideration!
Your method eliminates one of my steps, making it easier. I never thought to copy it from top bar.

spec

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Did that work

Holly cat crap batman
Thanks for the pointer

[edit on 23-8-2010 by hillbilly4rent]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by yigsstarhouse

Couldn't thank you more. I think you may have bought me out of the darkness.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Nice tutorial. Where was this video a few months ago?
I might still need a tutorial for embedding ATS video. Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't.
Can you do a scroll bar picture embed one? I still haven't figured that one out. :bnghd:

reply to post by speculativeoptimist

You have me curious. Where else do you get the URL from?

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Three_moons

Hey Three-moons, I was cutting the code out of the embed info. Little did I know that the code is in the url. Guess I was confused

spec

[edit on 23-8-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Three_moons

Im not sure exactly what you are referring to as far as scrollbar picture embedding, unless you mean having all pictures in one ,say, photo type album that will scroll down as opposed to pictures being individual.

Maybe this link can help you. I will look through it for that as well and see if I can make another video for we that be a bit ummm challenged!

Meanwhile look this over:
All kinds of embedding Help

Hope it helps!

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

very nice tip you have there kiwifoot. I do believe I will utilize that as well!

Now I wish someone here would make it easy to figure out how to post videos from other sites besides youtube! Im still befuddled by google and the rest unless it is just the basic code. the html part I mean. Is that just the html plus the link inserted?

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by yigsstarhouse
reply to post by kiwifoot

very nice tip you have there kiwifoot. I do believe I will utilize that as well!

Now I wish someone here would make it easy to figure out how to post videos from other sites besides youtube! Im still befuddled by google and the rest unless it is just the basic code. the html part I mean. Is that just the html plus the link inserted?

Cool!

I though that we posted google videos in much the same way, everything after the =

Let me try:

Google Video Link

I tend not to use them much,there's usually a YT link for the same video.

As for other vids, I used to record them then load them to my media account, but for some reason i haven't been able to do that for ages, so now I just don't bother. Sorry I can't help.

Nice work though mate.

[edit on 23-8-2010 by kiwifoot]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

I'm unsure why I forgot it was there too.
Thanks for easing my curiosity though.

I didn't see what I was looking for however I did find an example. In the link you posted, all of CHAOS's pictures are too wide to be fully shown however there's a scroll bar at the bottom to see the hidden part. Clicking "quote" to see the code doesn't help me since all I see is a normal image file code.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Thanks alot OP.
That was Very helpful.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Excellent learning video yigsstarhouse. You did a great job.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Thanks for saving me a ton of headaches. I didn't know what you meant before when you said to copy everything after the =. Now I do. Thanks again.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
finally! thankyou

i never even noticed that youtube button

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Thank you my friends. I am so glad this has helped some folks. Now I feel like I didn't actually waste a afternoon putting it together!

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

ok i tried embedding a video in another thread and it still wasn't working for me.

what am i doing wrong?

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Thanks for tip Yig, now let's see if I can figure this out....hmmm

not to post....crossing fingers. Love this song.

SWEET! Thanks so much Yig.....

edit on 9/14/2010 by IrishLass because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Thank you, thank you
Second line, THANK YOU!!

Now to edit my YT link that didnt workl

top topics

<<   2 >>

join