It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Laws on "dangerous" items too strict?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Xiamara

Wow, Ontario is a useless province. Really, move to BC. Yes 19 is the legal age, but you wont get treated like that ever. Your right though. Too much government too much nanny state.

If it were me, I'd have dropped the bottle so it broke on the floor and then asked if she wanted me to pay for it, which would have been selling it to me in a sense.

I read in the paper, that some guys were arrested for smoking weed while walking down the street in Saskatoon on a Sunday. The paper indicated that in Saskatoon, passing a joint from one to another is considered trafficking. The paper then said if you do that on the steps of the Vancouver art Gallery, it's considered Sunday.

..Ex

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

That LCBO is pretty interesting, I had a suspicion - as it's Canada - that it would be some kind of government monopoly, and quick look at wiki confirms this:

en.wikipedia.org...

This is quite weird to me, as I normally think of Canada as being quite sensible and liberal on these kind of issues, but I do understand Canada varies quite wildly by province.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by harpsounds

Yup in Ontario liquor is heavily monitored. We are very liberal except with alcohol.
LCBO policy

[edit on 26-8-2010 by Xiamara]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I got carded buying a shovel at Walmart.

The cashier got prompted for ID and couldnt figure out what it was for. She called over a manager. They went through my items trying to figure out where the 18+ item was.

After several minutes they concluded it was a shovel. A metal camp shovel to bury my poo.

Ask me if I feel 'safer' knowing juveniles can;t buy camp shovels at Walmart.

If it werent for the commentary this situation says about all of us or the implications of this situation existing at all to interfere with all laws, regulations, policies and public perception I would think it's just funny and stupid. But all factors considered it's depressing and infuriating.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

A shovel... wow. That is over kill...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join